Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I'm stuck in 2nd constantly around 600 now that the rest of the world woke up. A least the first place guy got knocked down from over 700 to 646. I'm fresh out of heals because someone just beat me at my own IM Model 40 red mana battery game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Bandire posted:

I've been super lucky with Spider Man covers, so having his stun at 2 blue AP is a lifesaver for this crazy tournament. The only problem is I never got around to leveling him up very much. I guess that's where all my ISO will be going this week.

Those Spidey stuns are loving OBNOXIOUS to fight against. It is defintely effective, especially if you're with Classic Storm. You HAVE to kill Storm first or eat Raging Tempest while Spidey keeps gumming you up. It also helps delay someone from taking out your Model 40 Iron Man.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I don't see the name Gman on the list, but if you're a goon I'm going to hunt you down and stick a red hot poker through your mouth and out your rear end. It took me another 20 minutes to break the 900 mark because this guy kept up his back-and-forth slapfight. It was a High level Thor/Classic/Storm/Spider Man team so it's not like it was a cakewalk to keep beating, either.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Shwqa posted:

Yeah but you did it, over time you will have a few max heroes. Especially when you start getting the 1k iso tournament rewards and the heroic missions start coming out. I'm not the only one with a level 85 Thor.

I started out with a level 53 Thor with no covers to proceed. Now I have all the covers I needed and am at level 83. Once he's maxed, it's onto Classic Storm, whom I also got two covers for. I just got the 1k ISO prize by breaking 1000 for the first time. Tournaments definitely are where the real progress comes from and this one is probably helping out the majority of players in the end.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

edit: Critted an environment tile in the City zone. Ate so many hot dogs.

I had one round where within two turns I started an unholy cascade of crits, giving me enough AP to have two celebratory rounds of hot dogs and then crush the last man standing. Much cackling ensued.

And I just got 1200 points on the dot, but no health to go further. I'll be fun getting 300 points back the next time I play.

EDIT: Yeah, I just bought my first 300 gold slot too. Fuckers.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

After blowing 3k iso trying to get a classic Storm and repeatedly getting Modern, I guess I'll just horde the iso until I finally get something for her. I get itchy looking at 5k iso that I'm supposed to save until who knows when.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I won my bracket for the first time as well. Now I have no cover space left. Later, Bagman!

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I have absolutely nothing worth using in this Three-Star tournament, so I guess I wait for Lightning Rounds. I thought it may be a good idea to use the three Thor covers I got from Heroic to start a back-up, at least.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

delfin posted:

If it'll make you feel better, I got a Thor cover (sold because mine's maxed) and a Bag-Man.

Soon I will have a 5/3/5 Bag-Man. Soon.

I figured holding onto hose Thors and making a second one will save on Health Kits somewhere down the road. I think I did sell off one or two in the past, but I should have decent cover space now.

I cannot get any more three star covers for the life of me, even after two Heroic tokens. I maxed Wolverine's skills and got another Grey Magneto, but that does gently caress-all for this tournament. I have a tricolor Spidey and Model 40 Iron man that are barley worth a drat. The rest are one skill wonders. I used all my luck on the Thor Tournament, I guess. I still need another green and yellow Classic Storm, though.

I also noticed today that I got a completely new batch of 25 people to send rewards to, so hopefully it randomizes every time.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I just got a SECOND batch of random rewards! Two lovely Yelenas but some more coins and ISO.

I love seeing Rewards Available: 8.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I've only been able to get purple covers for Grey Widow and I was wondering about how crazy that would be to funnel all those greens into Wolverine. As it is, I'm just happy to get any use out of her in the 3 star tournament right now. For the longest time it was Iron Man 40, Spider Man, and whatever single cover characters were left.

I didn't start using Wolverine for anything until recently, now that he's over level 50. He's on meat shield duty now. With a maxed Thor and level 52 Captain America, this Avengers weekend may be quite profitable. I'm using Cap more because I'm sick of my Widow getting Thor-hammered before she can get 9 blue together!

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Even with muliple boosts, my 3 star retards got cleaned out two matches in a row. So much for getting another blue Spider Man. I think I'd rather have to use Classic Bullseye right now than him. I guess when your only real damage dealer is Iron Man 40, you're destined to lose.

And Jonny Aces just HAS to be one of you guys.

Gallow fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Nov 23, 2013

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

delfin posted:

So.

I, um

Not bad for someone with no Ragnarok and no 3* above level 70.

You lucky SOB. I only stayed in the Top 50 with my garbage team.

I's so much more refreshing to be back eviscerating people in the Avengers Tournament after that week of hell. I really can't live without Wolverine's green ability now. You get some greens, get six reds for Thor, activate Feral Claws for two strike tiles, then Mjolnir's Might and let the combos roll in. I call that game "remember when you had a maxed Thor?".

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I wish the Heroic Missions gave more progression pewards if they were going to start handing out such crazy mission points today. I only had to do all the easy missions and all the Venom fights to get them all. Meanwhile, the two tournaments have progression rewards that are unreachable that are actually useful. I'd kill to have those Classic Storms from the 1 Star Tournament!

EDIT: I've noticed that the computer seems to have wisened up a bit about who it saves its special attacks for. I keep trying to put Wolverine out to take the enemy Thor's special attacks, but they now seem to save them until my Thor is exposed.

Gallow fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Nov 24, 2013

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I guess my forgetfulness to wait a while before jumping into a tournament is really hurting me. I feel like the only kid on the block that doesn't have either IM 40 or Cap over 10k hp and a Rag to boot. I'm a seal in a pool of killer whales.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Shwqa posted:

They double the price of them last update, because gently caress you.

That's why I'm glad that I got enough slots that I could start playing the 150 gold lotteries for a bit. Screw 300 gold though!

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

A.o.D. posted:

I managed to score two loki covers off of the reinforcements event. Yay.

I only got one. I really should've just surrendered down into Black Widow range. A least it was the Loki color I didn't have yet.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I quite glad to get a Top 2 finish for only the second time. I had to sell the red Widow cover to keep than lovely skill at 3. I always seem to get the worst skill covers for the best characters. I want her Sniper maxed!

At least I managed to max level Classic Storm from this tourney and get IM 40 up into the 80's. I think I'll work on maxing Cap next. I've been getting great synergy with him and IM 40's Recharge. I often end up with two blue stun tiles alternating and keeping someone's behemoth locked while everyone rips away at it.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

It's funny how painfully fast both sides die in SHIELD Training because nobody's buffed. I thought I'd kill some time and maybe wait for a slacker bracket in the next tournament. I'm not a fan of using three health packs after two battles with max Thor, Wolvie, and CStorm.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I just noticed that somehow I'm in the Top 4 for the whole Hunt bracket! I pulled an IW with by Alaska heroic token so I could do the one Straggler mission, which I 'm sure helped the cause. I missed the end of the Top Shot tournament and only placed in the Top 25 because I had some friends over to help decorate my Christmas tree (Iron Man is on it, among many other geeky ornaments). If we still have eight more loving days, I wonder what else may come up that will gently caress me over.

My 5/3/2 IM40 is level 101 now, by the way.:smug:

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I finally got a Ragnarok from the Diabolical Token and a top 5 finish. I also got a blue Spidey from a standard token, so he's finally up to 3 blue. drat good tournament!

Now what are recommended builds for Magneto NOW and Original Black Widow? I think I have blue covers for both and they're alrwady at 3 blue.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Whalley posted:

Magneto NOW is a mainstay for me. Get his purple skill to 5, no matter what; being able to place 5 blue tiles wherever you want for 9 purple is wonderfully broken. I can't really see you using the other two skills all that much; I prefer his blue skill to his red, as his red takes more red to use than Thor and requires a tile sitting around for popping; having said that, bringing his red to 4 is more useful than his blue to 5 because if you are seriously waiting around that long to save up 14 blue to pop a skill, you don't want to have to wait five turns to activate it. His red, at 4, is only a one turn countdown for 11 red, that deals slightly better damage than Thor's red at the same level, but it also destroys a 3x3 grid of tiles.

If you know you'll never use his red and you don't have anyone else with a blue skill, I'd still bring him to 4/5/4; the level 5 blue skill basically creates the biggest target on the board, even though when it pops you get the entire board's colors.

e: His blue is why I'll never get rid of CStorm. He gets to gather up a shitload of purple while I'm collecting blues for her, which sometimes means I can drop her 5blue twice in a row and just destroy opponent teams in a single move.

Thanks! I went ahead and trained the blue to four. I'll need 3 purple to finish him off. It's always a pain when you're down to needing one color. I have the reverse problem with Grey Widow: max purple but only one green.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I kept skipping the update because I was without wifi at work. Then I saw they nerfed Modern Hawkeye for The Hunt and noticed mine was still jacked up. I tried to stave off the update but after skipping it a few times at home, it just kicked me out of a match and autoupdated. Peckerheads.

I managed to get all black covers for Doom with no blue so I'll see how I fare in that tourney. Also got a cover I needed for old and new Magneto after getting poo poo for tokens yesterday.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I kept bouncing between 3rd and 4th and still got in the Top 5. For a Moonstone, Daken, Venom team, I did better than I expected. I realized early on that instead of hoping to make five web tiles for a Devour, I should use the stuns anytime I'd activate an enemies' buff. Oh, I just got two more strike tiles. Don't you wish you did, too? We can't have Bullseye making those shields every time I match a purple, either. And always leave Daken for last unless he's a complete cripple.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

Extra long poop break.

I have to hide in the bathroom for the last ten minutes of some tourneys since they end at 9am and I start work at 8:30. Hasn't failed me yet.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I don't actually sit on the toilet. I couldn't fathom stinkpalming my own phone. I did have a friend who got a new phone for Christmas and just two days later dropped it in the shitter while he was using it. Cautionary tale.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

My Doom is 5/0 so if anything lives through Thor and Wolverine long enough to get those blacks and there's open red tiles, game over. I had one round where I landed all six strike tiles and they did like 3k damage!

EDIT: I must've had some Strike tiles out and a cascade when I did that to bump the damage up. I just did it again and got over 1500 damage by themselves. Still nothing to sneeze at.

Gallow fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 14, 2013

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Largepotato posted:

Just unlocked Devil Dinosaur mission for the first time. :black101:

I'm less than 100 points from First Place, Synth. I need to let the health packs charge up and then I'm coming for you. Better hope that alarm is set right!

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I love how the point value sometimes decreases between what the level select says and what you're actually rewarded. As if this poo poo isn't hard enough.

On the plus side, I absolutely love having a Spider-Man with 4 blue now and locking down Venom and his two goons after two or three turns.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

First place by 2 points for now. Synth's in 3rd with 6 points less, so he better wake up in time. It's going to be a photo finish.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I just ran out of repeatables and in 22d place. I really can't believe the points dropped off like that. I thought they could still scale back up a little if someone went ahead. That's a lesson I won't soon forget with my little red Punisher crying all alone.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I'm chilling in 6th with a lvl 60 5/0 Doom. I really want to go pass out since I just got back from a Christmas party and am wiped out from food and liquor but I really have a shot at getting those three Spidey covers. The big question will then be: go 4/5/4 or wait and try to get another purple for 3/5/5.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Top 5 and my Spidey is 3/5/4. With the speed those web tiles come out now, I think I might go 4/5/4. I got some good lockdown/heal combos in this tournament. I just had to remember if I was setting up a heal lock, don't active Summon Demons during it or everyone will die before you heal.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Are Original Black Widow's black covers available yet? They're not giving any away in this next tournament.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Bruceski posted:

I have two of them (out of 3 OBW covers) so yes.

That's odd they're not giving any away then while doubling up on the blue. I want one of each color because I have her blue at four already. I'd rather have the covers for her than one green for Grey Widow. I have her awesome purple power maxed already.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

This no-buff thing isn't doing me any favors. My max level Thor and Wolverine keep limping out of battles barely alive with the third team member usually dead. I waited until about 10 this morning to start my first match. Match one was against a team of level 6's. After that, the usual parade of maxed Thors and Rags began. gently caress me.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I'm doing much better with my level 55 Daken as the 3rd team member. Having two regenerating strike tile factories, one who feeds off the other's green matches, is making a big difference. Once Daken is maxed, I'll start leveling Spidey again. He doesn't have enough health yet to hang in yet if there's no blue on the board.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I just learned not to gently caress with a team with 1 star Storm and Black Widow on the jungle level. I went straight for Doom and then Storm casts Mistress of the Elements, giving her enough AP to cast Thorned Rose, giving Widow enough blue to stun the team, giving Storm a turn to get more red and start the cycle over endlessly. I quit after the third team stun was cast.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I usually do go for the stunners first but I keep getting held up on the little shits due to bad luck lately. I can go up the exact same team and still lose because of lovely luck. Everyone has max Thor and Wolverine now and there's no way to get through those battles without losing someone unless you use buffs...which is STILL no guarantee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

seravid posted:

That doesn't sound right; what's your A-Team?

I usually start with max 5/5/3 Thor, max 4/5/4 Wolverine (working on a max green replacement one now), and then experiment with the third slot. I have a 3/5/4 lvl 54 Spidey, a 5/0 lvl 63 Doom, a 5/5 lvl 58 Daken, a maxed CStorm, a 5/3/2 lvl 102 IM 40, and a bunch of other miscellaneous crap.