Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I got rid of my Modern Storm to use Classic Storm (before I knew what was what), so my 1 star heroes are a 20ish Ironman and an unleveled Black Widow and Vemon. I beat up some dudes early and jumped to 25th in my bracket or something, but now apparently all I'm up against is people with like level 30 IM, Storm, and Black Widow. Looks like I won't be getting more than 50 or so points this weekend - heh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I was able to pretty easily clear all of the missions except for the 60-ish and 70-ish ones using level 21 Ironman, 23 Classic Storm, and 19 Marvel Now Thor. Was able to pick up a classic Magento and classic Spider-man from tokens and coins, so that's cool.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
drat, I'm about 50 points of 800, which I want for that last yellow Thor to max mine out. Only problem is I'm out of health packs and my Thor is low, so I don't want to be idle with weaker characters up. Oh well, I'm sure I can make up the difference+losses later today.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Whoa I must be in a slacker Hunt bracket. The top score is only 11.6k (I'm like 200 back right now). I really wish I could clear the level 100+ guys.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Dang like 10 mins to go and I'm 37th. I need people to get some points so I can drop to 50. I'd much rather have three Wolverine covers than 1 Punisher cover.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Evil Vin posted:

I'm trying to figure out who to clean out.
Grind out some Hero Points and buy more slots obviously.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Four Hulk Sightings at once - what is this bullshit? I like playing this game but grinding out 64 rewards in the next 1.5 days is going to be rough.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I'm in the same boat. I'm about 1k shy of 50k after one clear of the last set of stages. I haven't done the final one but it's only worth 200 points right now. I don't care where I end up being ranked overall but I'm going to be ticked if after all this, the annoying rubber banding keeps me a few hundred shy of that last reward.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

A.o.D. posted:

In that case, what determines the order, who got to 70 first?
Whoever does it first I would assume.

If anything another week of these mission will let me max another character (now that wolverine is 5/3/5 and 85).

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Are people seeing any rubber-banding going on in this first Nevada stage? I think it'd be hilarious if the person who is leading my bracket with 140 points was really grinding these levels for one and two points at a time.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Goddamn the rubber banding is random. So last night I cleared each stage of Greenland/Romania (except for 1) once, with the intent to let myself fall behind so I get more points for stuff today. In Greenland I have 41 points, putting me ~900, but I can only earn 3-5 points per levels and 14 for the 'boss', so it doesn't look like I can make very many big jumps in the standings. However, in Romania, where I started with ~30 points, I was able to grind the 'boss' level and the Demonlitionist level for 10+ points each time, putting me at 249 (until they capped), which is good for current #1 by 20 points. And I can still do the other levels for 5-7 points each.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I got two rolls for "New Heroes" and two rolls for "The Hulk", naturally that means I got 3 Caps and 1 Wolvie while my Punisher is 0/2/2 and my Spider-man is 2/0/1. At the very least I wish there was another 2 star hero for this event since they're throwing heroic tokens at you like crazy.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
For kicks, I saved up 25 standard tokens:

Ragnarok (1)
The Hood (1)
Grey Suit Black Widow (1)

Modern Thor (1)
Modern Hawkeye (1)
Classic Storm (2)

Yelena (1)
Classic Hawkeye (1)
Ironman 35 (2)
Modern Black Widow (2)
Venom (3)
Modern Storm (3)
Juggernaut (6)

Three 3-star covers, that's not too bad actually - better than the Heroic tokens at this point (heh!). I sold everything else for 2250 iso I think.

I wonder what would happen if you got Hulk heroic tokens, then saved them until after the event was over. Would you still be able to use them normally, or would you lose them once the "The Hulk" token page went away?

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Hit 50k in Hulk event pretty easily. Currently 700-something - lots of people are hitting the mark this time around it would seem!

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Just rolled 20 standard covers. All 1-stars except for a single 2-star Modern Hawkeye. Goddamn.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I don't see why you would use Ares over Thor or Wolvie. Welp, at least it's a nine day event and that means a fuckton of standard cover which mean at least one random 3-star cover hopefully!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Man, last round I waited for a while, was 199/200, grinded up to #5 with a few hours left. Finished top 100 for some worthless iso reward. Welp.