Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Helical Nightmares posted:

I haven't received any log in freebies for the past week. Is this normal?

You have to beat a mission (any one) now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
How do you retaliate? Is it an option somewhere?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

JGBeagle posted:

I'd rather spend my HP on roster slots. :colbert:

All day err day

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
How is Loki against those countdowns...I have a low level one, but does it let you take control of ALL countdowns, because that seems like you could easily cheese PvE with that no matter what.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Magneto NOW actually seems like a great partner for OBW for this PVE, at least against the Maggia, considering that their most dangerous abilities are Blue. Get purple, use Magneto's ability to destroy the Blue Countdown Tiles, and then use OBW's Blue to delay the Yellow Countdown Tiles. You'd need to pair them up with someone who's good on offense, like Patch or Ares or whatever. Also you'd need to get enough Purple AP as soon as possible.

And Loki doesn't have any skills that lets him manipulate countdowns. His Black manipulates enemy Strike / Protect tiles by turning them into friendly Protect / Strike tiles.

You're thinking of Moonstone, whose Black lets you take control of a random enemy Countdown Tile.

Ahh, you're right.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

messagemode1 posted:

Actually I still see more thorverines than that.

Old habits for hard (but still a lot fewer than before).

It's not old habits, it's what loving choice do you have if your top five characters are Thor, Wolverine, Model 35 IM, M Storm, and M Black Widow?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Hogama posted:

On the upshot they give you a team-up mission with a level 77 Daredevil.

See this cool guy, he's awesome right? You like to play with him? You want to use him in other battles? Well let me say how that can be possibe...do you have a credit card?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I had three maxed level characters wiped by a level 25 Magneto and co. After the third turn, Magneto started using effects, and 25 minutes later I was done. I literaly had to put the phone down and walk away because it wouldn't end.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
They dropped the 5K reward down to 1K ...boo I need iso.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Mons Hubris posted:

Haha holy poo poo the Invisible Woman shield tile on hard mode decreases damage by 642. A single shield tile. Welp.

Never has Captain's power been as useful...it was the only way to win.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Fix posted:

I just started playing this, and I don't really get the advice in the OP to keep 1000 ISO on hand. Why do you need that reserve?

I keep it in case an event boosts a hero I have a few levels on...I can then jump a few levels for the event.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Kameh posted:

I mean, that's obvious to me. But it just seems like a neat thing they could do for players, and...we could trade covers like comics in real life, and...:blush:

All this leads to is people having 100s of accounts like every other FTP game.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Thanks!

LorneReams fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 2, 2014

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I do the same, I have like 25 tokens waiting until I hit 250HP to open another slot.

I will never give this game a dime of my money.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

messagemode1 posted:

Dakens still not that good though? He has almost no hp and maxes out at level 69 (why?) so you're making your team more vulnerable on defense.

Because his max skill level is 10? Same issue with Black Widow (max level 40 instead of 50)

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Sefer posted:

From the one or two times I've used the power, it prevents a ton of damage; it's just not practical to get to that point in 99% of fights.

I think it would be better if they made it three random yellow, and cut the cost down to like 8.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Call Me Charlie posted:

Two Hulk tokens, two pink modern hawkeye :suicide:

Fixed for me. gently caress everything.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

CaptainScraps posted:

Holy crap, mine crapped out a Black Panther black. Wooooo

By some miracle, I got one this event from a standard token.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

SynthOrange posted:

Uuugh so lazy.

I had 2 turn into hp, so you might get a pleasant surprise

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Fat Samurai posted:

That's why I'm aiming for 75 in the simulator. Sorry, Pizza Dog.

Speaking of which, I assume that OBW best loadout is 3 purple and the rest maxed, isn't it?

Or course it is as mine is 5/1/1 currently!

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
First time hit first (I hope) in both events and made it to just under the captain cover, which I'm happy about as I need the OBW covers more. This is the best I've ever done in an event.

Edit: Got a lazy thor and a lovely two star

LorneReams fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 2, 2014

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

And an old-Thor cover I already had maxed out of the gimme Super Soldier token in the new event. Off to a rollicking start.

Me too! I got a red thor....yay

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

HGH posted:

That's a free 5000 ISO right there.

So, when exactly do 2 star characters start coming into their own? I got a level 50 Thor (5/2/4) and a level 42 Storm (2/3/3), and they both still feel kinda weak. I suppose C.Storm is gonna always stay ridiculously squishy though.

And jeez, I didn't think the first event was this tedious. I thought I had missed out by not doing it when it first happened but it seems like it's gonna be 6 days of beating up Mafia dons for me.

Yeah, when additional boards didn't spawn, I'm like, this is it?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Friendly Fire posted:

OBW and Patch being boosted in this event makes them a hell of a team. Collect blue so you can delay thier countdowns and then throw out a ton of strike tiles. The strike tiles you generate for the enemies never do anything if the countdown never hits 0.

I've been making GBS threads out strike tiles and then having Loki turn them into defense tiles. I don't have any other use for black really.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

That Ignorant Sap posted:

If there weren't 3 Wolverines already, Old Man Logan would be pretty awesome...

How about the one arm Wolverine from the future who fought with cable with a metal tipped stump.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Well that's wierd, I've been trying to figure out what happened to aliance rewards, and it appears I was placed on "pending" status...did someone in AgentsOfGoon bump me out for some reason?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Gallow posted:

I didn't think he pending members added to our totals. I know LorneReams has been pending for days now and I don't think they're getting any benefits. If so, then I guess there's no point.

I was a member, but I either misclicked and left or someone dumped me to pending or something, but whatever.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

SynthOrange posted:

Human Torch. Murdered by flamethrower. :negative:

Haha, I said the exact same thing.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

intangible posted:

Is it me, or are the PVE events incredibly stingy with their 4 "rewards"? I play missions over and over only to get the 20 iso kick in the nuts most of the time. They could at least make it 50 iso.

I think the rewards are tiered and not 25% for each. Empirically, it seems some missions are set up like 40/30/20/10 or something

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Shroud posted:

I think that after you win the first time you have a 50/50 chance of getting either the 20 iso or one of the remaining rewards.

The I flipped "heads" 50 times in a row. There is no way it's 50/50.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I must have had the right combination of characters because I was in the top 3 in our group for both events, which never happens.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

SynthOrange posted:

My daily reward heroic was a green hulk. I already maxed that out. :(

Hahaha, mine is 5/0/0 so I feel you.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
It's probably done as a way to keep people from cheesing events by cycling in certain people during specific events to game the point system.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Call Me Charlie posted:

Mine lost connection and, when I finally got back in, only have a greyed out S.H.I.E.L.D season 1 event showing

:negative:

Ugg, me too...I was 30th and was going to try to run up to <25.

EDIT: and alliance poo poo is hosed as well. Good job!

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Call Me Charlie posted:

Try verifying the files and restarting if you're playing on PC. Mine is now showing everything (including that shield season 1 thing)

That worked...somehow I was able to grind to 8th place (so far crossing fingers)

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Same, I hope everyone is having the same issue so I remain where I am.

And now it's back and broken again LOL

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
It looks like they have multiple stand alone events that give points to a "season" score? Makes sense.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
How long does it take to get the rewards from the previous event? I've been spoiled as it's usually instant.

I want to see if I remained in the top 10 :(

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Good job AgentsofGOON on top 50. It's nice when everyone (except 4 slackers) actually puts in effort!

I made top 10 for the first time ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Largepotato posted:

The best bug is when Ares kills himself using Sunder and the damage/heal tile is still generated.

And goes off killing you...which happened to me today!