Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

CidGregor posted:

Sorry for the delay, haven't checked the thread for a bit. You're in!

Applied as Theswarming as someone who just started playing this game for a match 3 fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
Lets play this piece of poo poo again.

Applied to Roxxon Oil as Theswarming.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
It's 1 in 40.

Think of it as an actual physical deck of cards you are drawing from. The odds that the card you want is in any particular position is 1 in 40. You have a 1/40 chance of it being your first draw, a 1/40 chance of it being your second etc.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

LorneReams posted:

It's 1/40 first draw, 1/39 the next and so on. I would assume the midpoint average should be around 20 as an over/under, but I'm burned out from work so doing the math is not in my mind. Three times in a row being the 40th seems sus as the odds are what, 1/40^3. Actually it's probably higher with 120 draws, but gently caress math.

Yeah if you are checking mid-draw those will be your chances. If you are on the 39th draw it will be 1/2. Midpoint should work around 20.

What I meant was when you are looking at the full "deck" before you have drawn any, your chance it is in any particular position is 1/40 - thus the chance of it being the 40th card is 1/40 - this is not going to be super rare.

And yep the odds for 3 times in a row are 1/40^3. That is pretty unlikely!

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

LorneReams posted:

Pizza Dog has at least a spot or two.

I've applied for this, going by theswarming.