Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is pokemnon z announced yet ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah i cant input a code yet

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats that is it pokemon z

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why would i want those

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if you can do it via wifi then people can just sit in their car and do it instead of having to go in and look at all the product to buy

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

x and y are better but u could get ruby sapphire and wait for z

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

pokemon zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I hope z comes out tomorrow

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why would anyone know that

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i can't believe they made me think about playing the ancient rear end virtual console games

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

there might be an overhaul who knows

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Cuckoo posted:

That's a good point.

I know these are virtual bits and bytes and not real things but I will be legit sad if the monsters who have followed me from all the way back from Gen III have to be left behind. :(

if they are going to convert things from gen1 they will probably work out a way to convert anything from the bank if necessary.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

have i missed out on a lot of unique pokemon by never doing any sort of global link battle events or how often is something like this special dragonite given out. when they have special moves like that do those moves then become eligible/legal on that pokemon through breeding or is it basically locked to that one pokemon

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how the hell you supposed to beat brock with a goddamn pikachu

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

are there mankeys in viridian forest. I only have my old-rear end red guide

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

aight I'ma go get me a mankey

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I only knew that spot for nidorans back in the day

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats a good HM bro for yellow

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

can anyone do all of them except flash. theres not a good tool for a game this old

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

im glad of limited availability pokemon and when people get mad about it, my resolve to catch them all is strengthened

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Spectacle Rock posted:

To answer the question of hope and joy: It just bothers me for some reason when there is a Pokemon that cannot be obtained through normal means. So, if I can get 20 of them, of course I will. Back in the day you could get ONE Mew if you went to an event. Then, you had to be careful. There were no move tutors. If you let Mew forget Metronome or Transform it was gone forever. In short, I want to be able to raise multiple versions of event only legendary Pokemon. If I just had *one* Mew, and that was all I could get, I would just keep it in a box forever probably.

I feel better having more than one legendary. I feel if I have just one it has to stay in the box and just "be there."

So, I'll stockpile all the legendary event only Pokemon that I can. I guess it is also born out of how exclusive they used to be when I was a kid.

chill out and catch some mons and go on adventures with them

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

BlazetheInferno posted:

I am saddened. One of these days I need to get a second SD card for my 3DS so I can redownload X. Back when I first got it, I did a download because... I dunno, I wasn't planning ahead or something. Problem is, it's so goddamn huge I have to clear almost everything else off my current SD card for it to fit. And there's poo poo there that I don't wanna get rid of. Like, you know, Pokemon Bank. Which I USE when playing Pokemon. Frequently.

32 gig cards are like $12 and can fit like 15 pokemon games probably

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i may buy both since they didn't release a pokemon z!!!!!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I would not order both until you see what great deals there are at gamestop like maybe get a dlc code for 20 potions

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's metaphor.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

my wish list is fun game with 3d models without slowdown on new 3ds plus avatar dress-up plus lots of cubones

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i just wiped on the s.s. goddamn anne jfc

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Firstborn posted:

Yeah I don't nickname my pokemon for the same reason I don't name my car, or my gun, or my tools or whatever.

mods???

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i named the three lake guardians after different Low Ki gimmicks

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

most video game players are idiots and do not have a survey level knowledge of the law

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gently caress :(

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

pokemon go will be stupid bullshit just make real games nintendo gently caress

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i only played b/w2 after online service ended so i never got to do cool join ave stuff

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what came first voltorbs or pokeballs

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

im a boy

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i play as a girl in fire emblem sometimes and mass effect too and dragon's dogma and probably other things if I think about it. not in pokemon though

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hey everybody i picked up pokes yellow again and just made it to lavender town

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

nice what's your party friend?

I have

pikachu 20
sandshrew 20
pidgeotto 20
ivysaur 20
chameleon 20
butterfree 20

i only use three dudes really but my top guys are

charmeleon 35 (gonna be my hm slave cut/fly/strength/dig)
nidorina 32
pikachu 24
machop 19
drowzee 17
bellsprout 14

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

pikachu should have a mega-evolution but swerve its just raichu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012