Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

I really loving hope that anyone involved with Agents of Shield is not involved whatsoever with these Netflix series. Also, LUKE CAGE!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

With the DareDevil show I really hope they don't do Born Again as the first series, and instead adapt something like Bendis's run with him being outed. That to me would be more interesting.

I'm pretty stoked thought the only "bad" Netflix show so far is probably Hemlock Grove.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah I have no doubt it will all be integrated to a degree but still 4 series! That's a lot. I mean I could see two but 4 is a bit excessive.

Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones could all be one TV series.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

They never said his last name just his first, so I dunno where you got Gold from. There's a couple of supervillians I think in DC that have that first name.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I finally got my hands on Mike Grells Green Arrow run and am really digging some of the references they pulled from it, it's very very different in tone of the show but there's some obvious parallels. I really hope they go the route in the book with Ollie. It's really great.

edit:

DC also doesn't have Marvel's unified vision by Avi Arad ( I think he's still in charge and that is how he spelled his name).

I mean MArvel definitively knows where they are going with their movies and DC doesn't have a loving clue. Disney is from what I understand rather hands off with Marvel only in the supporting and taking the cash scheme of things.

They have all this other poo poo on their plate with Star Wars etc.. so yeah.

I think it has more to do with the fact that Warner Bros. owns DC.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Dec 7, 2013

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It's kind of frustrating that we haven't seen any new trailers for Daredevil, the one they made looks good but still wanna see more! Also it seems violent as hell, even in the trailer. So I guess they're going full on Frank Miller.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I read somewhere else that the video in the trailer for Daredevil is literally the first 3 to 4 episodes only. I'll try and find it. Basically that's just like the first 2 to 4 beginning episodes.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

DC has no idea what the gently caress they are doing movie wise or otherwise, they were basically blessed to have Nolan , they just won the lottery and we're now watching it as it as if it's that old Television series that had lottery winners on it and you watch them destroy their lives.

They should put the guys who produce Arrow in charge of Movies producing because the people they got have their heads up their asses.

That said I will just sit there and watch Batman Vs. Superman all day till I pass out in the theater from exhaustion.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Arrow's good because it was the first time that you got really good writing, some good action sequences, and storylines in a TV Super Hero show. Unfortunately since it's based on a character that's not really well known they had a lot of leeway but it does actually feel like Batman-Lite and lately has been completely bogged down by the CWs shows tendency for just bad drama.

Seriously, they pulled the they have a twin trope. That's awful.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Jason Statham as Bullseye would be perfect.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

A Punisher series at this point probably is a foregone conclusion. Hopefully. I think it will be excellent if they pull from Garth Ennis's run like doing a Slavers mini series or something similar.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I love the new season, but they really SEASON 1 hosed up killing Ben Ulrich. On'y thing I'm super upset still about.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It's not made clear in the show but Matt "Human Lie Detector" only accepts clients that tell him the truth, it's a common thing in the comics.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I don't think they could do a compelling 13 episode series of the Punisher.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Maybe it's the videos or the trailer but Danny Rand looks small as hell in those videos and also scrawny. Not sure if that's intentional.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

AoS is in the 10 pm time slot now buddy. They have full on naked butts and Ghost Rider blew a guy's head off.

who's naked butt? This is important.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

X-O posted:

I've tried to tell people this and they never would believe me because she's good at stunt stuff.

She was in that movie Machine and the role was perfect for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I was just watching Civil War and after seeing Cross Bones with his helmet they need to steal that design Jimmy's helmet looks super loving bad.