Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

AbsolutelySane posted:

She was also in a Netflix show starring Gillian Jacobs. I only watched part of an episode of it and can't remember the name.
It had the blandest name imaginable: Love

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Eugh. I really hope that's not it. Most of season one was people digging up her dark past and her using alcohol to suppress those memories. That plot would be redundant and frankly boring. Her past is kinda played out, so I hope they'll look to the future.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

That makes me feel better.

I like to imagine if Cap was real, he would have been at Charlottesville hitting Nazis with his shield. Then Fox News would call him Captain Communism, becaucse of his treatment of the noble patriots.

In the latest X-men red, Gambit does pretty much exactly that. He even mocks their tikki torches. Of course it's the standard thing where the bigots just hate "mutants".

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I think a villain that is basically horrible internet comments that have gained sentience would be pretty excellent.

Ms Marvel did that story recently.
It was kinda bad.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Just started season 4 of Gotham. I like how they completely abandoned the original concept of the series

What did they do?
The original concept didn't really do anything for me.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Gonna be sad if the abbreviated Season 6 of AoS isn't just a return parade of all the amazing guest stars they have had over the years.

Seriously, the AoS cast list who were only around for a season or extended guest spots is amazing.

Edward James Olmos
Kyle MacLachlan
Patton Oswalt
Bill Paxton
John Hannah
Ward
Lucy Lawless
Samuel L. Jackson
Powers Boothe
Jason O'Mara
Mallory Jansen
Nick Blood
Adrianne Palicki
Simon Kassianides

No love for Patton Oswald?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

site posted:

That's cuz she woulda kicked Hydra's rear end

Well she kinda did. It doesn't really make sense, but she joined the French revolution at that time. US Avengers was quite fun.

Is that show still happening? It's scheduled to premier in 2018 but doesn't seem to have a network since freeform said no. :(

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I really hope New Warriors gets out of production limbo soon. Milana Vayntrub seems to be such a sweet person and I don't want her dreams to be crushed.
It's really exciting when a person is a giant fan of the character they're playing. That energy is exactly what a Squirrel Girl would need. Whoever decided to cast her made a good decision.

https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/1020899430449344512

Well, at least there's Marvel rising, which will probably be cool too.

By the way, I'm not just basing my opinion of that person on her fun cosplay. She's the founder of an worldwide organization for refugee help and she does a lot of other charity work. Apparently she came to the USA as a refugee, herself, so that influenced her.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 22, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

radlum posted:

Is the show a thing anymore? It's been a while since they were dropped by their original network (was it Freeform? Hulu? I can't remember) and I have heard nothing about it. It's a shame because her casting was perfect

There hasn't actually been a new announcement about that. Last we hear ist that corporate Disney ist looking vor a new slot. In theory it's still scheduled to air in 2018, but that sounds unlikely.
Either Disney will try again next year, (maybe in a summer slot) or they will burry it and deny that there were ever any plans in the first place.
If that happens I hope we will at least get to See the pilot at some point.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

site posted:

Why you gotta be bringing down like this

CAN'T I DREAM

IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK

No! Giving you one unit of sadnes gives everyone else about 1/7000000000 unit if comparative happiness. That's why everyone in the world tries to cut down your dreams.

Eat the happy.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Phenotype posted:

No, its typical Hollywood bullshit to put a black actress in that movie. Refusing to cast an orange actress to play an orange character is racist.

Reaching for the low fruit here:

There can't be orange racism anymore. An orange person became president.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Phenotype posted:

Yep, two movies where he was a human plot point, walked around dull-eyed and speechless because he was brainwashed and/or moody, and things happened around him until the actual characters showed up to help. I think one of the movies ended with him being so boring that they actually put him to sleep at the end.

This dude was a prop for action scenes.
Honestly, I agree.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Not sure why you empty quoted me, I'll take it as a compliment.

Quick survey:
What's your favorite color?
How did you like Serinda Swan's perfomance in the TV show inhumans?
What's the best way to prepare eggs?
What is your bank pin?
Was Anson Mount better as Black Bolt?
What's your shoe size?
Name of your favorite childhood pet?

Edit: Aww I didn't refresh and now I feel like an idiot who makes a joke about the previous page.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Nov 17, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Green
Smoked Salmon Florentine
Nice try
I had a hermit crab when I was 5, don't remember the name

The results of the survey are in.
You're a crellbragg.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Yes.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That's kind of a lame logo.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Bruceski posted:

The lowercase i makes me instinctively read Ki as an element but there is no Ki element! There's no L either, I honestly don't know why I parse it that way, but I can't not do it.

It's actually an anagram. Kilo. Disney is trying to force the metric system upon their viewers!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Wait, so a comics accurate Hellcat costume was an option and they passed so she could wear yet another lovely make shift daredevil rag costume?
I retroactively regret ever getting invested in the Marvel Netflix mini universe.

Yeah, hard same.
Why the hell would Patsy not want something like that? That's been her dream since childhood. To be fair, that costume, kinda clashed with the blonde hair. should have just reused her wig.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Maybe it's just the low expectations but I'm five episodes in JJS3 and started to like this show again. The villain is kinda good. It's interesti that he's just a really smart, psychopathic civilian who is quite good at the things he does and not some old god trying to take over the world by opening a blood portal. As far as I can tell so far, he's just a talented, well educated guy, who found something unconventional, which truly makes him happy, without trying to leaverage anything out of it. And I have to respect that.

Trish's outfit is still really boring. But I enjoy her hanging out with Jessica again. Their dynamic was always one of the best things in this show, which is a large reason why season 2 broke down so much.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

site posted:

yall seriously underestimate the desire to see a superhero show about a lesbian, played by a lesbian, co-developed and written by a lesbian

like, its gonna have to be bad like real fuckin bad, for me to not watch that poo poo

It will turn out that Batwoman was only pretending to be a lesbian, to make herself look hotter for a man. Would that do the trick?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

site posted:

was that a thing in the comics

Not that I am aware of, but I don't really read DC and there's a lot of stories there.
I am mostly imagining some DC higher-up butts in and demands that plotline because he considers straight people underrepresented and doesn't want to perpetuate the gay agenda.
DC has potential to ruin pretty much any premise, if they set their hearts to it.

That being said, they could potentially surpass my mediocre expectations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

This picture looks really uncanny.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Djarum posted:

Thank god Jeph Loeb has done gently caress all with Marvel TV over the years, especially the animation. He killed good, interesting animated series for... garbage.

Hey now, the current Spider-Man cartoon is actually quite good.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

bessantj posted:

Most surprising thing in this (to me anyway) is the amount of people that think Agents of SHIELD is the best thing marvel have done.

It is certainly the best thing Marvel TV has done. The Aida season was really great. With the exception of the first half of season one, everything of that show is better than every single netflix show. Probably better than cloak and dagger too.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Yvonmukluk posted:

Well you clearly need to go watch Cloak & Dagger and confirm it then. Let's be empirical about this.

I saw cloak and dagger. I just didn't want to sound to objective there. Personally I preferred AoS by a noticeable margin. But that might just be my personal bias. Being set in new Orleans, Close and Dagger involves a lot of jazz, which I disdain.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Yvonmukluk posted:

Well the main villain of season 2 was a jazz musician, so surely that was appealing to you?

Nah, hearing jazz gives me a headache, so it was really annoying to watch.

But I am aware that this is a personal bias and not a negative point for everyone.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Madkal posted:

Dude probably saw that on TV and thought "what a great idea". I love that he keeps referring to it as a double wedding even when told he was a complete idiot.

Yeah, especially how he was so bitter that they kicked him out of his own double wedding.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That Spider-Man cartoon finally went past one of the most annoying parts. His identity is revealed to Gwen and Anya now. It wasn't even his own decision and he was planing to keep them ignorant for no good reason indefinitely.
Seriously, up til now he was basically doing science stuff with the girls, figuring out villain weaknesses and such. And when it came to strike he was all, "You go get your costumes and fight, I will just hang out here and take a nap. Say hi to Spider-Man for me, if he happens to show up." At some point, secret identities just become a unnecessary and mean spirited exercise in gas lighting.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Barry Convex posted:

I did not expect this but I am absolutely down for it

https://twitter.com/krolljvar/status/1306688748302659584

She's a great actress and I really enjoyed her work on Orphan Black. To bad the overarching story of that show really went up its own rear end. I rarely just stop watching shows, but that one was just tedious at some point.
Allison becoming a crime mom and Donnie being a blundering wreck of a person was fun, though.

Maslany can also do some good voicework. I watched "3 Below" and she's great as a impatient berserker princess, which is a bit of the energy needed for She-Hulk.

I know that Netflix used the character up and spit her out, but I kinda want to see Hellcat being her bestie. Just ignore that whole mess ever happened.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 18, 2020

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Pretty impressive to age only 5 years during 2020.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Never heard of her. Cool color scheme on her costume, though.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

Kate's mom, Clown (more confirmation this is taking from the Fraction run), Swordsman, Echo, and Echo's father.

And Yelena.

I have a feeling that this show is gonna rule.

I guess it depends on Clint. If Renner can bring the "washed up mess-up" energy it will be golden.

Kate looks great though. Haylee Steinfeld is a terrific actress who can do a nice mix between badass action hero, sassy teenager and goofy nerd.
If you want to have an idea where this is going, watch her campy spy comedy "barley lethal".
Also watch into the Spiderverse.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I'm psyched to see two Deaf superheroes in one show, with Clint and Echo. Hopefully they can adapt Fraction and Aja's brilliant Hawkeye #19, the ASL issue, by doing a silent episode and incorporating ASL into it.

Was that ever established for Renner-Hawkguy?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

He looks sufficiently befuddled. This show is going to rock!

Look at this good boy
https://mobile.twitter.com/HSteinfeldNews/status/1334608619527163906

Did that tweet get the name wrong or does the dog go by "Luke" now? Edit: it's the former.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Dec 3, 2020

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Barry Convex posted:

the shift to modern cinematography is intended to be out of place and unsettling in the scenes where it happens, though? though it's possible there are unintentional anachronisms I didn't pick up on, I admittedly don't have a lot of familiarity with the sitcoms this is pastiching

I guess not all of it. Does image quality fall into "modern cinematography"? The shots may be in black and white, but they look really well done and crisp, whereas the actual old stuff had would record images consisting of a few dozen pixels. Hoenstly, I would not want to see something which goes that deep into the bit.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Gavok posted:

For the first episode's commercial, I saw this comparison pointed out.

I honestly don't see it. It may be indented in another version, but those two pictures don't really look alike.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

I know pizza dog is in if, but will pizza dogs best friend be in it?

I don't think there's enough time to explain Jonathan's backstory in that show.

Codependent Poster posted:

She's not Lady Hawkeye, she's Hawkeye. Or the better Hawkeye.

One thing I hope the show will pick up, is the fact that she just goes by Hawkeye, since she's just incredibly bad at coming up with names.

Just try to pronounce that, let alone shout it across a room, to call someone.

Honestly, aside from Jenifer Walter's legal adventures, that is probably the MCU show I'm looking forward too the most. Ms Marvel and What if will probably be cool too. Don't really care for Loki, or Bucky.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 2, 2021

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Karma Tornado posted:

Hawkingbird was a good name

Anyway, Renner should be Goliath but they'll probably go the boring route of having him keep Ronin ronin ronin ronin (c'mon)

Well yeah, that's why Kate rejected that suggestion.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Crossposting from the TVIV thread

(With regards to some mysterious friend Monica is trying to contact)

cant cook creole bream posted:

Come on Marvel, give me Toni Ho. She even hung out with Monica in her latest comics iteration. Wanda and her can bond over having their fathers killed by Stark weaponry. Also she even tinkered around on Vision at some point.
I don't care that her dad was under the impression that his whole family was already dead in Iron Man. Who even remembers what happened in the first hour of the MCU?
It's really unlikely to happen, but assuming you'd want to introduce her, this would be the best chance to do so.
I just want to have the cool purple-haired science genius in MCU.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Also, is this the first episode which states that Westview is in New Jersey? Do you know who is notorious for being from New Jersey and happens to have a series later this year?
Calling it: Wanda's weirdness will give Kamala her Ms. Marvel powers.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Argue posted:

He's coming back for the live action Gwenpool series obviously.

How would that even work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

Marvel released a clip from tomorrow's episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAk32wCK18g

Gotta say, Olsen is really pretty in this clip. I guess the light accentuates her eyes.