Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Arist posted:

Geoff Johns will not stop until DC's Black Friend Cyborg is in every single adaptation

Oh, he is becoming that, isn't he? Oh, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

What I'm given to understand was the "comedic highlight" of the Seth Rogen Hulu original 'Future Man' was the lead character jackin' it when the two people from the future show up in his room, and he then blows a load onto the guy from the future. COMEDY~! I expect The Boys is going to be like that, but with superheroes and more so.

The further we get from Hitman, the less I like Ennis.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 25, 2019

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Didn't McDuffie's estate sue the Milestone thing? That could certainly throw a monkeywrench in things.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Space Fish posted:

But how Rogen-y will it be?

What a dangerous sliding between Rogen and Ennis.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I like Deadly Class so far. Fun bit of stunt casting with the poison teacher.

Yeah, that delighted me, too. If anybody's going to be encourage somebody else to be anti-Reagan. Also Bernard Wong always adds a bit of dignitas.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It's like Kevin from The Office. "The Invincible cartoon will have Walton Goggins. It will also have have Invincible."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Ethan Van Scriver, probably.

He is trying to act like that flick will be terrible like his life depends on it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Madkal posted:

I was going to make the argument that Fantastic Four (Corman) would be closest to The Room but it is Roger Corman and he never had any delusions of grandeur so not even close. The latest Fantastic Four might be there but it is such a dour boring film that it isn't even interesting watching it from a trainwreck point of view.

You can have fun with "is this real or is it a reshoot?" (The key is looking for Kata Mara's really bad wig.)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lurdiak posted:

I blame Jeph Loeb.

He had more of a TV background than I remembered, working on Lost and Heroes. That said neither would really inspire me with confidence to manage my entire TV arm.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ToastyPotato posted:

Isn't he considered one of the reasons Heroes went off of the rails during like season 3 or 4?

I've never looked into it too much, but it wouldn't shock me. That said while the writer's strike is probably the main culprit, it doesn't seem like he had any great idea to save it. ("There'll be this big carnival! with super powered people!")

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Yannick_B posted:

I dont think Jeph Loeb even had a writing credit on one Lost episode.

No, but he was a co-executive producer which could mean a lot or a little.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

Look I don't want to be objectifying but I am catching up on Titans and Conor Leslie (Donna Troy) is reaaalllly pretty.

Related, Minka Kelly got pretty ripped to play Dove. Wow.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ToastyPotato posted:

Cheap rights?

Probably. Isn't Netflix still desperate for content now that everybody else is trying to be Netflix?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

X-O posted:

Can't wait for Netflix's Shi and Dawn shows from their new '90s bad girl initiative.

Somewhere Brian Pulido got very excited. Just imagine the triple threat of Lady Death AND Purgatori AND Chastity.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

How long until Netflix gets the Image 90s rights? I'd probably watch a live action Gen 13 series.

I wonder who would one cast for Caitlin?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

They should keep the casting from the animated movie and still have Flea play Grunge.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

I never seen it!

It was pretty cool - they were trying to ape the serial long-running storytelling type deal of Last Airbender. It did really well at first and then CN started jerking its schedule around, and also the toys didn't sell well (because they were not good). The schedule thing at least would not be an issue on Netflix.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

I think it was swallowed up by the chuds screaming about She Ra.

It's true. The ratio of people complaining they didn't find the new She Ra hot enough to bang was higher than the ones complaining Thundercats Roar was just another Teen Titans go.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The first thing I did when I went to New York and had free time was go see the Ghostbusters' firehouse. It's fine and good to like things.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

why can't i still get mugged in time's square i ask you

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Question IRL posted:

Yes, but...

Regardless of how you get there, the end point is still Bruce beating up the Joker and putting him in Arkham Which if you went down the vigilante route, is pretty heart breaking.

I believe that the TellTale team were convinced that they'd get a third game since they did bait some hooks for sequels in it, but obviously we'll never see that.

Yeah, Batman felt like the ur-example of TellTale's 'no matter what choice you make, this will happen regardless' formula. See also: Anything to do with Catwoman. "Hey, Selina, you can totally stay at the Manor." Catwoman: *Has no scenes until the end of the game, leaves anyway*

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Question IRL posted:

That's true.

Do you want to save Harvey Dent from the Penguin's goons or Catwoman?

If you choose to save Harvey he doesn't become disfigured and it has a mild effect on the rest of the plot.
The choice makes no difference to Catwoman's status in the game.

It apparently changes a bit with Selina if (when?) you sleep with her. If you're like "I'll go make breakfast" or whatever she can't believe you thought it was anything but a one-night stand. If you saved her (because suddenly the Olympic-level gymnast, martial artist, master thief) can't take care of herself she's more open to you hanging out.

I only know this because I saved Catwoman because at that point I just figured we should go ahead and get Two-Face rolling because it would happen anyway. And to be fair, I was wrong - he didn't get his face scarred up but he still lays siege to the Manor regardless so... who cares?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

C&D clicked for me about episode 3 and just got better. Olivia Holt is amazing.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

And having finished the first season of Cloak and Dagger, dang. That was pretty great. It even stuck the landing.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I never thought I'd say the phrase 'Brendan Fraser is killing it,' but there you go.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

There's always been an undercurrent of 'Clint knows he's a guy in a silly costume who fights gods and monsters' but he used to own it as much as Kate does.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

I know he has a wife and kids in Avengers 2, but damned if I can remember anything about them, including genders.

Boy and girl, boy's oldest, I think. They call Natasha Aunt Nat. That's pretty much it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kingtheninja posted:

Yeah as a kid that movie was my first Keaton experience, but after going back and seeing his older stuff it's weird to think of him playing batman.

Yeah. The joke at the time was "Mr. Mom is playing Batman?"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Whatever happened to Speedy on Arrow?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

Willa Holland left for another project that didn't get picked up.

Kind of a shame. I was enjoying it once she was Red Arrow (or whatever) but she admittedly didn't do that very much for whatever reason.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I want to say it's a shame about The Gifted, but I don't feel like it ever really found its footing. Never really found the characters terribly engaging, either.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Alaois posted:

*looks around frantically to make sure I'm the first person to tell this joke*

THE CLONE HIGH SAGA

:golfclap:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

All I want is more Doom Patrol. It's all I've ever wanted. I even bought the okay JLA vs. The Fatal Five because Diane Guerrero voices Jessica Cruz. (And also in an attempt to support something other than DCAU's kinda joyless stuff.)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Remember when the future was super bright and Charlie Cox was talking about how he was hoping for Daredevil in the Marvel flicks and everything? Good times.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

mycot posted:

Rip Netflixverse, killed by how incredibly lame The Hand were.

Permission to blame Jeph Loeb.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

If you would have told me in the Year of Our Lord 2019 that the two best comic book TV shows would be Cloak and Dagger and Doom Patrol I might have bopped you on the head for your crazy talk.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

That sounds like a pharmaceutical.

Her middle name is Callisto. There's a reason she goes by Dex.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Alright, if you ain't already, it's time to use your free DC Universe time and binge Doom Patrol.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Swamp Thing was pretty good. I think it suffers from not being a two-parter, or at least not being able to watch the second episode right away. Definitely playing up the weird horror aspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Phenotype posted:

Syfy doesn't have patience for any show that isn't produced for $12 an episode. They really wanted to be a network known for sci-fi shows at one point, but they're basically addicted to churning out garbagey Ghost Hunter type poo poo because it's so cheap to produce.

Yeah, I can't imagine it wasn't because of the cost. 'Too expensive' for SyFy is about what Phenotype says, though.