Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Waterhaul posted:

Odd ways to spell Terry Crews.

Has a pretty steady gig as a main character on another show right now. And even though he's perfect he's obviously way older than they're looking to cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

HBO runs a hella tight (as in no leaks) ship. Game of Thrones was announced and then we had almost no news for years, until they said "Hey, you'll see our new show next year. Preachers a little less complicated to shoot (I'd assume) than Game of Thrones, but probably not that easy.

Preacher also isn't happening on HBO. It's AMC.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

I thought it was actually really funny that the villain was beaten offscreen trivially once they worked together.

I actually thought that was kind of the point.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Of the three comic shows that I watch I think this season Shield has been the best of the three by a fairly wide margin. Arrow has kind of been meandering about and Flash has a slew of mediocre to really bad enemies and guest stars (with the exception of Snart who was great) even though the rest of the show around it has been really solid. Every episode of Shield this season I've felt was a solid episode of TV and I just can't say that for Arrow or Flash at all.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Madkal posted:

We didn't see Wells in the yellow costume, but we know that he has it, as well as knowledge of the future. Calling it now that Wells isn't really the yellow man/Reverse Flash but is working with the Reverse Flash/created him.

Did you miss the part where he talked with the same vibration in his voice?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CW Seed shows are usually just shorts. The animated Vixen series will probably just be a handful of 5-10 minute episodes, not a full on animated series.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The crossover episode was good, but the mid season finale and the Captain Cold episodes were better. And I honestly can't pick between them. Snart.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

XboxPants posted:

Where did you hear this?

The official logline of the show mentions she has a famous cousin. And we've been told Superman doesn't exist in the CW verse so people are just putting two and two together really.

"“Born on the planet Krypton, Kara Zor-El escaped amid its destruction years ago. Since arriving on Earth, she’s been hiding the powers she shares with her famous cousin. But now at age 24, she decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be.”

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Waterhaul posted:

It's the same in Miller's work which is where the film gets it.

Matt is blinded as a kid, Dad tries to make ends meet to keep him going, Matt starts training with Stick, shortly later Dad is killed so Matt stops training with Stick. Years later he meets up with Elektra in Law school and starts to train and that again and eventually returns to Hells Kitchen years later.

His dad dying when he's older is Loeb and the dumb Daredevil: Yellow.

In the very first issue of Daredevil he dies while Matt is in law school. Matt and Foggy even go to see the fight.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Waterhaul posted:

Which is not how it is in Man Without Fear (which is his modern origin)...which is where the film gets it...

Well you said it was a Loeb thing, which unless he was writing comics in the mid sixties it wasn't. Also I'm pretty sure in Man Without Fear, he's in law school explicitly one year after his dad's death. So it's still not really when he was a kid.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Tom Ellis has been cast as Lucifer on the new Fox show. He's got a long list of TV credits on IMDB but I've never seen a single thing on it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm not sure which Soule creation you think Raina is either. She's not really like any of the new one, or at least any of the prominent ones that I can think of. I thought before this episode she might be Naja but probably not now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gavok posted:

Yeah, I was probably wrong about that. She just looked a lot like that weird girl in the comic who bragged about eating a mouse.

I could have sworn Soule confirmed on Twitter that the dude on Shield is Reader though.

I mean he could still be Reader with a completely different powerset and different origin, but that begs the question of why would they tell him to include the character and then make him completely different except for the blind thing?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Electromax posted:

So if this Reader guy reads the Bible does the world flood? Does it revert back to pre-creation? Does he create God if God didn't exist already?

I wanna know more about that, sounds like an interesting power that has to be artificially bound somehow...

Yes, it's not limitless. He carries braille plates around on his belt with certain words or power concepts on them to use in any given situation. He can only do three different things before his power is gone. And each of the three times he can do it he gets progressively weaker. He recharges by sleeping. He's one of several new characters that are really interesting like Iso and Frank McGee (he's the best) that Soule has created in Inhuman.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well, it's already better than Smallville. Not like that's hard to accomplish though.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

It's just the classic Supergirl costume with leggings. DC did design it.

Yeah, they used the tried and true design for a reason. That reason is that it's a good design.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

Well, it's not going to be John Stewart Green Lantern or Cyborg, and honestly the only other black DC heros I can think of have electricity powers. Well, and Diggle, but they wouldn't have a casting call for him.

You forgot the best one. Mr. Terrific. It's not going to be him though.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I know it'll be revealed eventually but I'm trying to wrap my head around how there's going to be a Daily Planet as a big part of the show in a world where Superman exists yet Superman and Lois aren't part of the show (and especially if it's set in Metropolis). And I'm not coming up with anything that makes sense long term except for they're dead or something equally odd.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I mean they almost have to have a good credible reason for Clark and Lois to be absent because even if it was set in another city there's no way you can make the series in a world that acknowledges those characters exist somewhere else. Everyone will be waiting for them to show up no matter how good the rest of the series is. Them being dead is the only reason I can come up with that doesn't end in having them appear eventually. If they're missing our on a space adventure the assumption will always be they will be found or return at some point.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well, she always did like flowers.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

hi liter posted:

Arrow speculation - Deadshot gonna get Lazarus Pit-ed

I doubt it since it's pretty clear they killed him and wrote off the Suicide Squad because of the movie coming out. We already know they've been told they can't use other characters for the very same reason, that's why Bronze Tiger was killed off in the tie-in comic.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

The mid season Arrow teaser said Suicide Squad was coming back, but I agree that it's unlikely anyone on the old team shown in Arrow will be on the new one. (That was a really good episode though).

What midseason teaser? The one from like a week or two ago? Because that was talking about this episode.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hollismason posted:

They should put the guys who produce Arrow in charge of Movies producing because the people they got have their heads up their asses.

They tried that first. It failed. Spectacularly.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Faraci is a solid source of news, sometimes. When he goes into critic or editorial mode he is incredibly hit or miss, like most critics.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm generally not a fan of darker comics and gritty movies and shows based on comics, but as I've said in another thread if there's one character where that doesn't just feel like a gimmick and feels like an integral part of the character it's Daredevil. I'm not sure there's another comic character that's just had as lovely a life as Matt Murdock. I'm sure people can point to some Batman or Punisher stories or the like, but Daredevil is in a class all by himself when it comes to getting poo poo on by life. It only makes sense that out of all the Marvel properties his would be the darkest. Sure it's great to have a relatively lighthearted in comparison run by Waid (it's telling that this "happy" era of Daredevil is largely about his best friend getting cancer) but darkness is where Daredevil naturally excels. No pun intended.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI2JWIN1zMQ

This show is gonna be good.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I wouldn't have said this last year, but SHIELD is definitely a better show than either Arrow or Flash this year. And consistently so. Flash may have bigger straight out of a comic moments on the show but the rest of the show is so inconsistently written that it's not even really close. Plus besides it's stuntcasting for like the Rogues and Trickster and such it has the knack for picking the worst actors possible for villains. Arrow this season has been a bit frenetic, especially early on, but once Ra's came into the picture the season finally gelled and it's been really good since then. Flash will be a great show too, but right now it's deflecting attention from many of its very obvious and large flaws by giving people a ton of straight comic book action and by having three really good actors at the head of the show in Gustin, Cavanaugh, and Martin.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SHIELD doesn't do a ton of fight scenes but when they do they're very high caliber. Arrow does really good fight scenes consistently. They're not the best on TV, that goes to Banshee, but they're probably the most consistently good fights on TV since Nikita. They're not quite as good as Nikita, but they're close.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Daredevil is loving great. At least one episode in that is.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Black Widow's powers are pretty much just that she doesn't age and she's super resistant to stuff like poisons and illnesses. As far as physicality goes I think she's just at the ordinary human level there. Except she can take more physical punishment than the average person.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

WarLocke posted:

... Yeah, that is not something I recall happening in this show. :stare:

Well that's because it's not part of Daredevil's origin.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I've only watch the first six so far, but Karen and Foggy are one of my favorite parts. And I would not have believed that going in. Credit the actors for being so likable and the writing for giving them something to do other that being sidekicks and supporting characters only.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yes it was clearly an unfunny joke because it was on Kimmel. The entire episode was full of them.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this? posted:

They just aired a commercial for DD during AoS that called him the "first Defender."

Yeah, that was in several of the early promo spots and trailers.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gaz-L posted:

Deadpool's a TV IV mod, so that only applies to that sub-forum.

Correct.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That rumor got started by a random anonymous post on reddit that was deleted by the person the started it. It's hilarious that all these sites are running with this based on something like that.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/20/rumor-abc-planning-ms-marvel-miniseries

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The show isn't bad, well last episode was bad and this week's was half bad, but otherwise it's still fine. Some people just have a really hard time dealing with criticism of something they like. Also Iris is written very poorly and I say that as someone that always liked Laurel on Arrow.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

My biggest criticism is that outside of the Rogues, Trickster, and Reverse Flash every other villain on the show has been at best mediocre and at worst laughable. Doesn't help they often pick terrible actors for those roles.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this? posted:

Its kind of weird how characters seem to have a lot more fun on Flash than Arrow. Like Laurel's guest spot last night was all smiles and jokes.

That's not weird, it's an intentional tone shift between the shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gaz-L posted:

I think it's weirdly down to how GOOD the Flash's normal rogues are. You can't waste Mirror Master or Captain Cold on a throwaway mid-season episode, so they need to dig deeper for those freaks-of-the-week.

I wouldn't even say this week was bad, it was just a run-of-the-mill episode, outside of the Wells plot. Which, of course, means that the internet screams for blood and declares it to be the worst crime since Auschwitz.

This week wasn't bad, but it was dumb. And that's kind of worse. I mean two episodes ago we saw Barry give injections to an entire room full of people in two seconds and this week he has to struggle with doing the same thing to one guy for five minutes. I understand that you want a certain amount of dramatic tension regarding Flash going up against people that he should handle easily in seconds based on his powers, but you'd think there would be a smarter way to do it than that. Like maybe don't make the way to beat him be the exact thing he did in two seconds two episodes ago?