Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

WarLocke posted:

This is a joke, right? Transdimensional security authority?

They're like SWORD for interdimensional excursions. I think they have a Mummy Captain America in their basement. Morbius worked there for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

How old is Selina supposed to be? It might be the makeup, but she looks way older than Bruce.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

An older experienced Matt would be pretty cool though.

I can't hear you over the sound of the ratings plummeting.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Me as Luke Cage.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ah yes, the "brief glimpse of something that would be cool to make you tolerate the fact that nothing is actually cool" strategy. Smallville perfected that one.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I don't understand why someone who isn't on the production team should ever factor in the production process when judging if the finished product is fun or not. Even if there's a very good reason the show looks cheap and has no fun visuals, the show still looks cheap and has no fun visuals.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I can definitely see being pissed that you're told what happens on the very episode you're about to watch. That's completely sensible. Being mad about broader strokes is less so, but also understandable. TV and novels are a completely different medium, there's nothing wrong with wanting to experience one over the other without being told how it all ends. Especially in a story based around intrigue and twists rather than good guys vs bad guys.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Leave it to Hickman to shove metaphors where they don't fit.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

wiegieman posted:

It's because there is literally a spear and shield originally held by a pharaoh who started the big earth-protecting shadow organization in the first place. Each side traditionally holds certain artifacts, and the HYDRA/SHIELD conflict is how humanity grows the talent pool. They're all fighting tooth and nail for control of the modern world, which is scraps to the people who matter and occasionally recruit them.

Yeah, I remember that lovely book.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Dexo posted:

On the actual show he looks fine.

Unless he started wearing his robot poo poo on the outside, no he doesn't.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Madkal posted:

They missed their opportunity to have it take place in 1930's Chic....er....Gotham.

That'd cost way more money to produce.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

zoux posted:

In the interview the guy was like "you know some people wonder if a Joker character would be overshadowed by Ledger's iconic performance" and his response was "well bro I wrote lines for Cleopatra and Marc Antony so it'll be fine".

That's a really vague statement to take away "We are totally doing the Joker specifically" from.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

zoux posted:

It would be, yes, if the source of that statement wasn't posted on this very page but here you go anyway:

What? Click links? Do I look like I'm made of money? :colbert:

The idea of something about this show being done "with great care" is hilarious to me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Needs less CGI and more crappy looking rubber suits... Just like every supernatural show since Buffy ended.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

Sarah Connor Chronicles

You just said the magic words!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Boogaleeboo posted:

Yeah I mean I really don't see how you do Jessica Jones and not touch on Purple Man. That's a pretty major part of Alias, and I don't see *why* you'd do Jessica Jones without drawing on Alias.

I kinda wonder how deep and dark they'd go with that particular plot point, even on an "adult" network. It's pretty brutal and unsavory.

Dan Didio posted:

It'd be like doing Tony Stark and not touching on his alcoholism and other self destructive behaviour.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

He knew her as coma girl

I thought it was really interesting that the first time Peter unmasked, she had a really mature conversation about how she used to feel about him with Luke Cage, and then when Peter mind-wiped his secret ID from the world and unmasked right in front of her, she blurted out that she loved him, pissing Luke off, and Peter was like "Oh yeah, coma girl!" and poo poo was suuuper awkward between the three for a while.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

notthegoatseguy posted:

The strange thing is I'm pretty sure Bendis wrote both issues of those issues, though I think the mature sounding one was a backup in an Annual or a milestone issue number or something.

There's nothing strange about it. It happened twice under different circumstances, with different results.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Koalas March posted:

Who is a tech-powered JL hero who isn't Cyborg?

?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

He's usually buff as hell.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

She's got a pretty unusual face, all right. The makeup might be the real source of the problem, however.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

404GoonNotFound posted:

The only real downside to the Pilot was the score being utter garbage. Like even by Pilot Stock Music standards it was just bad.

Oh, you know they'll replace most of that with the modern equivalent of Remy Zero by the time episode 2 hits.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hey guys I got a bridge to sell ya.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Also it was just announced that they lost the smoking battle and John will not be smoking on air.

Show ruined and doomed to be canceled after one season.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I remember in one episode, this guy lost fine motor control in his hands because of a car accident and botched surgery, ruining his potential career as an artist. But he also gained telekinetic powers from the car having Plot Meteor on it, and it's clearly shown later in the episode that he can use this incredible, awe-inducing superhuman ability to paint even better than he used to.

So naturally, he's out for revenge.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I liked her appearance in one episode of The Brave and The Bold. Then they decided to make her more of an honorable asian stereotype the next time she showed up and I went back to not caring about her.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I thought the show was called Hellblazer.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

DynamicSloth posted:

I have a hard time picturing the Atom working on show like Arrow, especially without a huge CGI budget.

Just do bad Honey I Shrunk the Kids effects.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That movie was fine.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

Eh I'm not one who's all "WHEDON'S VISION THE BEST THE BEST" but I do think the movie pales in comparison to what the show was even on a bad day.

The show got pretty loving bad in the end.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Well, on a personal level, I enjoyed the movie as a very goofy 90s comedy-horror and could not stand to watch the final season of the show.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The tone, plot and characters were offputting and bad. It was no longer fun to watch and had very little in common with the sesaons I enjoyed. Only Brand Loyalty could have kept me invested, and it wasn't enough.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

redbackground posted:

The movie is surprisingly easy-breezy, and game actors like Donald Sutherland and PeeWee certainly help. Also, I love the ending with that one guy blaming Young Republicans on the carnage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTESG_wKhwk

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

There's a lot of characters I could imagine it being but none of them are very exciting or well-known. Certainly not something worth teasing fans over.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

jng2058 posted:

Kinda sounds like Paladin to me.

That's a pretty good guess, although he really doesn't always do the right thing in the end.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

How about we skip Terry as well and just make a Spider-man show?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

DC planning things is even less substantial than a rumor. Remember that disastrous catastrophe of a Justice League movie they were "planning" a few years ago? The one that rapidly turned into "hip young characters downplaying the superhero aspect and focusing on drama"?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

At least it's not belts.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

There's more than enough Marvel lore that they could have written interesting things without being concerned about the film universe until it was appropriate. There really isn't any excuse for why the show is so dull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006