Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Vince MechMahon posted:

The last time we see him he's flailing around while falling straight down. Maybe he got the suit going after we cut there, but until they confirm other wise, I'm assuming he's street pizza.

They made a point of showing him escaping the thing that exploded and then never actually showed him hit the ground after that. He's not a random mook, he's a named villain and he's highly trained with a way to save himself. He's alive until we hear otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Would be too bad if they did the full Truth storyline after Evans had left. If I were an actor I'd be hugely disappointed if I couldn't be part of that as Cap.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

When they're talking about Marvin Gaye.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

twistedmentat posted:

I keep saying that something has broken a huge number of peoples brains and they cannot tell fantasy from reality anymore. They think stuff in movies is real, and they can't seem to seperate actors from the characters they play.

Or they were always around but having the information and means to publicize their murderous thoughts or directly contact an actor was much more difficult before social media.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'll stick my neck out here and say that a world without borders can mean different things and is not necessarily a good thing. I don't recall the specifics of the Blip era, what was going on again? By "no borders" was it just unfettered migration? I seem to remember something about how governance was done differently but someone can clue me in on that.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Probably for the best narratively that he dies so that the MCU doesn't go back to the well of "oh, but did you know there are actually more super soldiers?" a third time.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

mikeraskol posted:

There's always another ex-Hydra scientist working on it somewhere.

Oh of course there are a million ways to bring it back but when you have Zemo going "there, I've cut off the source twice now" it's like the MCU putting a self-imposed block against doing it again because that's going to be some real eye-rolly poo poo if it comes back.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

What are the odds the person who wrote that is excited for the Loki series?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Codependent Poster posted:

Zemo leading the Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers is almost a given now.

Thunderbolts vs Young Avengers maybe?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

X-O posted:

Never thought Agatha Harkness and Helmut Zemo would be Marvel's break out favorites of 2021. What weird times we live in. Remember when everyone thought Marvel's villains, except Loki, were the weakest parts of their stories? Now with Thanos three straight villains have pretty much blown up to be huge favorites.

I won't discount the talent and appeal of the actors portraying those villains but there seems to be a correlation here with amount of screentime. Gives time to audiences to become familiar and writers time to do fun and interesting things. (I won't go as far as saying "character development").

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I don't think it really matters if the serum is actually amplifying anything about a person's personality. That's what's going to happen anyway. If you give someone immense power it's going to go one of two ways. The reason Battlestar didn't say "no way man, power always corrupts!" is because Rogers is the most famous recipient of the serum and everyone knows it didn't corrupt him.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Apr 10, 2021

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Karma Tornado posted:

I still like "it's a Roman numeral" better than "Weapon Coincidentally Good Branding" though

Really? Weapon X sounds a billion times better than Weapon Ten.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

50/50 chance his plot in the series ends with Falcon and Bucky capturing him wearing the mask, ripping it off to reveal it wasn't Zemo wearing it this time.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

CapnAndy posted:

I mean, it makes sense that the Skrulls would want to be really pretty.

But would also be accurate if they cast some total cows.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Did I miss something about Cap's new suit? Since the new suit was built by the Wakandans, are his wings vibranium? Thinking about how he braced against an entire helicopter crash. Like I know, as Spider-Man said, "that [shield] doesn't obey the laws of physics at all!" but for an unpowered dude like Sam to do that seemed a little overpowered.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

X-O posted:

That's how Vibranium works though. It absorbs and deflects kinetic energy and basically renders most physical impact inert. When used as a shield it can only do so much but when he had himself basically in a vibranium dome under the wings and shield it could stop pretty much anything.

Right, right. Thanks.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

SlimGoodbody posted:

I have always thought, and continue to think, that Sam needs a helmet immediately, since he is a regular man whose entire gimmick is flying toward things, head first, at jet speed.

He's nae invulnerable when blastin'

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sitwell was a Hydra agent for the movies but was the ultimate Boy Scout of SHIELD in the comics (though he was turned into a Hydra agent for a time against his will).

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It looks... perfect?

Gaz-L posted:

Gonna be interesting how they justify the lightning bolt motif in a world where Carol always wore the star. The whole Captain Marvel fangirl aspect is so fundamental to Kamala, I can't see them dropping it.

Not a great quality pic obviously but it looks less like a lightning bolt and more like a streak. Like Captain Marvel flying?

Lobok fucked around with this message at 16:19 on May 1, 2021

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

X-O posted:

Odin's Day instead of Frigga's Day. And he claims to be a momma's boy. Pfft.

I see it as being chosen for him, not by him. An extra indignity that it's Odin's day.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's not really for superpowers, is it? Thought it was just special extra mega max security.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

site posted:

clearly these white man's prisons cannot hold a simple non powered individual, etc etc

All Cops Are Bunglers

....which I guess makes that prison the Bunghole.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Is there some kind of high-tech meme generator out there for that scene or are there just an unusually high number of illustrators and good photoshoppers getting in on the action? Usually a meme is nothing better than a plain square crop of someone's pixelated face pasted onto a screencap with MSPaint.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

X-O posted:

I need to know more about this cartoon clock.

Son of Cogsworth, Beauty & the Beast tie-in.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

muscles like this! posted:

So according to an interview with Jordan Blum (ep on Modok) they got every character they requested to use except three, Stilt Man, Turner D Century and Paste Pot Pete. For some reason Marvel said those were off limits.

This sounds like a joke answer.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Retro Futurist posted:

Make Stilt-man the new over arching threat for phase 4

Danger Reaches New Heights!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

muscles like this! posted:

So for anyone who isn't watching Superman and Lois, this week's episode introduced the Arrowverse version of John Henry Irons/Steel.

Was so happy with that reveal. Don't think I've ever read a Steel comic in my life but having him instead of another Luthor is far more exciting.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

As the tweet says, it's just bigotry. No amount of comics lore debate is going to fix the problem of these idiots being against Black or non-binary people in general.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

CapnAndy posted:

Regarding the person at the end of episode 2, I don't know if Lady Loki is going to end up the MCU version of the Enchantress, but I'm pretty darn sure that was Loki and not Amora. A complicated plan full of long term planning, feints and double-feints, and then a swerve at the last second to do something else altogether is a bit outside the realm of typical Enchantress planning, which doesn't get much more complicated than "find strong man, make him love me". That was a Loki plan.

Also, the horns.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Based on Mobius' fascination with jet skis and the revelation he had a real life before being recruited/kidnapped into the TVA I like to imagine in his life he was basically Hansel from Zoolander.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I think this was my favourite episode of any of the Disney+ shows so far.

Real chills at the end there from how awesome it was. Like, a Kirby era Loki at the end of time uses all his power to conjure a an illusory Asgard to distract an immense storm dragon so two other Lokis can enchant it and open the gate to confront...the master of the multiverse? When I say I want my comic book shows and TV to be comic book-y, that's what I mean!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Was heavily inspired by it at the very least.

It sounded like it was going to be but then stopped short each time.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

site posted:

It was a helicopter that literally had the word Thanos written on the side. was kinda hard to miss

To be honest I missed Throg but when people mentioned him I remembered seeing something kind of hopping or bouncing around near a buried Mjolnir when the camera went past the layers of underground to the underground lair. Loved that shot because it felt like a Simpsons gag.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Is this like when the actual celebrity loses in a lookalike contest?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

They haven't been part of animated stuff before so I'm not really surprised. Is the guy doing Iron Man the same one who did it for EMH?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

And cutting alcohol was also part of Pratt's actual weight loss earlier because of Moneyball.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's not even the "CG" but the overall look of everything and combination of effects. Barry looks fine but the lighting and angles for Impulse is like he filmed himself running on the spot in a clothing store dressing room and made a TikTok green screen video.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rhyno posted:

They took all the money and gave it to Superman and Lois.

lol I'm behind on that show and just saw the episode last night with the "TEMP VFX" shot that our dumb Canadian broadcaster showed somehow.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

So it's now canon that I'm part of the MCU? Sweet, my dream came true way sooner than expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

X-O posted:

Nope, you're still with Sony. Enjoy Morbius!

Still the only comic book cinematic universe with Macho Man Randy Savage in it so I'll take it.