Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Well after taking a year off, it seems like the right time to jump back into this. So saddle up and mash the "Reply" button because it is officially AVATAR REQUESTING TIME.

For those of you unfamiliar with my work, here are some samples:

Right about the time I stopped doing these two years ago, I was working on this behemoth:

Which I'm pretty much never going to finish, especially now that it's two years out of date. *sad trombone*

Anyways, I'm taking requests. I'm going to give preference to great suggestions, and Superhero and Videogame-themed requests, since they tend to be the most fun to work on and almost always turn out great. Also Ravens, Cowboys, and Texans fans, and anyone who has never had an avatar done by me (speak up!). I'll try to go in roughly a first-come, first-serve order, but if your avatar idea is dumb I may ask you to take a second crack at it.

Some Basic Request Guidelines
Please adhere to the following if you want to get an avatar.

- Only Request an Avatar if you are going to buy it. These take too long and too many people want them to waste time doing avatars that aren't going to be bought.

- One player per Avatar. Ok, maybe two if there's a good reason. It's hard to fit detail into these, and it takes more time to do bigger pieces. As cool as it would be to see "the entire team bus of the New York Jets with Rex Ryan on top eating a giant hoagie while it runs over the Patriots' offensive line in the middle of Met Life Stadium," that's going to take forever and look terrible as a 125x125 avatar.

- If you have a really, really cool idea that can make 2-3 avatars and other people are interested in the 2nd and 3rd avatars, then maybe I can do that one.

- One Per Person. You only get one per year (if you're lucky).

- If you are looking for old avatars, they're on my site: http://www.electrobertjones.com/content.php?sec=proj&dir=sas

Also, I occasionally do commissioned pieces upon request. PM me and we can work out the details. I tend to prioritize thread requests over the commissions, i.e. most won't get done until I've stopped doing thread requests.

Ok, with all that said, get to requesting!

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Oct 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

superaielman posted:

Eddie Lacy as the Juggernaut, because every running back besides Brandon Jacobs should be him. :v:

God I hate you so loving much.

This is why we can't have nice things.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

superaielman posted:

Yeah feel free to skip me after that one, but I couldn't help it. Any one of Eddie Lacy smashing scrubs would be good, because Lacy rules (And because I'll be getting a fail mary avatar if he isn't good)

Too late now.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

A.o.D. posted:

I don't recall seeing this one.

I did that one for Monroe after he was traded to the Ravens. I had originally done one for him with him pulling open his jersey Superman-style to reveal the Ravens one underneath, and then he requested the Akuma piece (through Munkaboo, per usual).

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

DangerKat posted:

Jared Allen at the end of his sack dance with Aaron Rodgers hog tied behind him.

This one's next. Be done with it tomorrow.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Febreeze posted:

Chir did that one years ago, also all my superheroes were pun based

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Can I get this resized? I love me some B-Dawk

The thumbnails are avatar-sized
http://www.electrobertjones.com/content.php?sec=proj&dir=sas

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

DangerKat posted:

Jared Allen at the end of his sack dance with Aaron Rodgers hog tied behind him.

God drat you for making me google search "hog tied" for reference photos, by the way. Not pleasant. I know this isn't how you'd hogtie a pig, but that position didn't look right when I sketched it.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

MonsterWalk posted:

Joe Haden riding Brownie the Elf, holding a football in victory. A la

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Yeah for larger images I do the pupils but for that one his eyes were basically just not visible at avatar size with them.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Kirios posted:

This avatar has run its course a little bit (Props to Febreeze for creating this one in the first place!). I'm the only bobbletar left. :(

Since Watt's been suggested numerous times, what about Keenum taking down Schaub Metal Gear Solid / Splinter Cell Style? Preferably when Schaub has the :stare: look when he realizes what is happening.

I want to embrace the Keenum. :allears:

This will be the next avatar because I love the concept. Should be done Wednesday.

CraigK posted:

Hey, long time watcher first time caller, can I get Drew Brees as the Medic standing on top of a pile of defenders a la 3:36 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36lSzUMBJnc&t=3m36s, except with a football instead of a Quick-Fix. Ignore the Heavy, or if you really want, make him an offensive lineman or whatever

This one won't be the next one after that, but it is one that I'll get to eventually.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Shindragon posted:

I had fun with this one.

Yeah I really like this. Great job!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Kirios posted:

Yesss can't wait to spend some money. :getin:

Thank you TheChirurgeon. I may not need to ever change my 'tar ever again!

Done!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Here you go. .gif version. I don't normally pay much attention to the file sizes, so sorry about that.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

bhsman posted:

EDIT: ^^^That owns

JJ Watt in a three-point stance performing Blanka Electricity, please. :shobon:

This took forever and I'm still not happy with it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
yeah good point. I have no idea how I'm going to get that under 30k.

• Locked thread