Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The prosecutor looks like Edgeworth if he kept that von Karma outfit for the rest of his career (which he totally should've.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I like the young William A. Zeppeli in the back.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Lord Chief Justice bears an uncanny resemblance to Gant, wow.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I think it was really cool how some of Apollo's animations in DD were based off of Kristoph.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The prosecutor is either Edgeworth's ancestor or a von Karma ancestor.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair if you just read about his life without context it sounds like an unending hell.

His life in-context sounds like an unending hell.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I eagerly await the day that a trials reaches the point where Phoenix has to cross-examine Charley.

And it turns out Charley is the murderer.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Apollo: Solid Phoenix
Trucy: Solidus Phoenix
Athena: Liquid Phoenix

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

In his latest adventure, Phoenix Wright goes toe-to-toe with the Dalai Lama in court.

*...bands fist on table* Where the gently caress are Trucy, Apollo, and Athena? Huh, Capcom? Where the gently caress are Trucy, Apollo, and Athena?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ghost Morgan will plot to kill Maya in a convoluted manner FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Suspicious Cook posted:

I hope Apollo and Athena get a DLC case where they're trying to run the office without Phoenix and have no idea what they're doing.

Basically a law-themed Home Alone.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Amppelix posted:

It's called Apollo Justice. Phoenix doesn't count because he's basically a different character, and Ema doesn't count because she was barely a character to begin with. And unless I'm completely insane those were the only two old characters, so there you go.

How can you forget the Judge?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Apollo really is the Raiden of Ace Attorney.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Amppelix posted:

This is super loving cute http://probablefox.tumblr.com/post/105205926270/pet-names

I want more of this my Ace Attorney. gently caress drama, give me character interaction!

We need more Phoenix being a calm cool and collected father figure to contrast against how he is in court.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Saoshyant posted:

But then Phoenix wouldn't be able to break the news just as they would be getting married!

Well inebriated, Phoenix pauses as Miles reminds him to give a speech as father of the bride.

Phoenix thinks for a minute, and a dark smile spreads across his face as he stands up.

"Mmm. Hey, you guys remember Lamiroir?"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Haifisch posted:

Apparently the game takes place in both Kurain(starring Phoenix) and Japanifornia(starring Apollo). I'm sure the plot will make that make sense somehow.
Once again, Apollo/Athena/Trucy's side of the plot will be law-themed Home Alone.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Super mad that Phoenix is not taking his kids with him on his vacation. :colbert:

Phoenix realizes that three kids are way above his level of parenting and runs away, spends his sabbatical slowly learning that he's really a good dad in the end and it'll turn out fine.

Then he returns to Japanifornia and Apollo, Athena, and Trucy have burned the offices to the ground.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I imagine she's going to be Apollo's co-council. Maybe taking over when Apollo inevitably gets arrested for murder. Which is bound to happen sooner or later.

This is an important rite of passage for employees in the Wright Anything Agency.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The hierarchy is as follows:

- Phoenix
- Charley
- Mia's ghost
- Maya
- Trucy
- Pearl
- Athena
- Larry Butz
- Scruffy, the janitor
- Apollo

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Blackquill being completely serious about Robin being a paragon of manliness (which she is but not in the way that Simon meant) and the ensuing reaction are great.

In fact, every time things get ridiculous enough for Blackquill to use his freakout animation is great.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Apollo does some of Kristoph's animations in the last DD case and quotes him verbatim once. It's really creepy, like Edgeworth dressed like Manfred in that flashback case in AA3.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

AAI2 posits that the root cause of the entire series was a baking competition, which is fantastic.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ChaosArgate posted:

At the very least it's fun to watch their interpretation of presenting evidence during court. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIi44sSQCDs

So this is where Athena got the idea.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Vengarr posted:

The quality nosedives off a cliff the minute Layton returns, sad to say. And it started out so strong too. That first testimony where you point out the lantern and go "that had to be the murder weapon, because MAGIC DOESN'T EXIST"

, says Phoenix Wright, with his spirit medium assistants, psychoanalysis necklace, and kids who can tell when people are lying with their bracelets.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Last Celebration posted:

Franziska is a really fun protagonist (not character) though, since she's the only one who spends all of her cases pressuring you well past the point where Godot, Klavier, or Blackquill would just kick their legs back or even help you get a Not Guilty.
I remember her taking this to absolutely absurd lengths, though.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Cake Attack posted:

Believing in your super suspicious seeming client is the foundation of this series though

Except for Matt Engarde, who's sketchy from the outset and only turns out to be even worse.

And the Space Captain from Dual Destinies, who was actually guilty of something, just not murder.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kajeesus posted:

Space Captain wasn't your client, though I did dig the twist that he was actually lying to cover for the defendant because events as he had witnessed them made the defendant look guilty.

That case in general is really good at making you legit doubt the defendant at points.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

On the surface the Ace Attorney anime will be about lawyers doing wacky stuff but when you dig a little it turns into the adventures of a single father and his gaggle of children.

Are they playing Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Raxivace posted:

In an ideal world the anime would be set immediately after Nick loses his badge and show us his slow, gradual descent into hoboism. Nick becomes a grape juice addict as his friends begin to abandon him over how smelly he's become as a hobo. Nick eventually gets his piano job.

The last episode adapts 4-1, but from Nick's perspective. We find out that he makes that convoluted plan to frame Kristoph on the spot. Apollo punches Nick. Fade to black, cut to credits.

Phoenix: ...and that's how I lost my badge.
Franziska: How sad. Please excuse me for a moment.

*Franziska walks outside, the sound of her celebrating loudly can be heard*

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The anime should be set after DD because that's when the Wright family is at its biggest.

For now.

Phoenix will probably adopt someone during his Tibetan vacation.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Any subber who is a tru fan of the series will diligently edit hamburgers on top of noodles in the series.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Those were the quickest five minutes ever to be fair.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Godot half-asses his prosecution because he's not trained as a prosecutor. All he knows how to do is intimidate the witness and distract the judge with shiny things - which admittedly are both key strategies used by prosecutors in the series who aren't Klavier.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

alcharagia posted:

That happened because she had to miss having any festivities because of her family situation and your best bro Louie is like "come on Hyde we gotta do the Christmas!"

Did the EBA help.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

AA4 was the end of Phoenix's development as an Ace Attorney and the beginning of his development as an Ace Dad.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kristoph's deepest darkest biggest blackest secret is that he is the most petty person in this series.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Robin would still be the best even if she only made Blackquill lose his poo poo, but then she just continues to be awesome after that.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

*Blackquill lets you use Apollo's body language reading finally*

"Ema, turn off my GOT YOU inhibitors!"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The law has only gotten more anime; when it's time for Apollo and Athena's proteges to start their practice, everyone in court will be a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

"We can't let this child have a camera in the courtroom!"

Cut to about 9 years later

"We'll let this man have his Segway on the stand."

I like to imagine that the only reason the witnesses in Phoenix/Apollo/Athena's cases get to bring in special stuff is because the Judge at this point recognizes that the job is much easier when the witnesses bring their own evidence to incriminate themselves with.

• Locked thread