Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
"Hostage Chef" loving killed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Everyone trying to convince Brian Posehn to watch National Treasure was fantastic.

Apr 23, 2002
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. Wait...
Ok, everyone else noticed that Hannibal Burress was competing for the Doug Benson Award on the show the other night, right?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

255 posted:

Ok, everyone else noticed that Hannibal Burress was competing for the Doug Benson Award on the show the other night, right?

It is not particularly secret if you've seen his stand-up, but I do always think about that because one of the first times I saw him was in an interview with W. Kamau Bell that loosely went like this:

Kamau: "You are the only person I know who is constantly faded 24/7, man. I can't do that, I got a wife, I got kids-"
Hannibal: "Of course you can, man! You'd just be a terrible father and a lovely husband."

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

255 posted:

He took about 5-10 mins to orient himself. He was more blazed than usual.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Apparently Hannibal is slightly frustrated with the reputation.

NYT posted:

Q. You do have a laid-back persona. Do people expect you to be high all the time?

A. I did “@midnight” last night and people thought I was high on there, which is infuriating. I had been working all day and had just taped “Conan” before. There’s no way I was high. I did the Jimmy Kimmel piece and I was drunk. I was obviously drunk. And people were like, “Yo man, he was so high.” What is wrong with you?

Q. Why is that so infuriating?

A. Because I’m not! I don’t like when people are wrong! About me, especially. [Laughs.] Strangers after the show will be like, “Yo, you want to go smoke?” No. I don’t smoke with strangers. Some comics might. I don’t. Doug Benson might smoke with you. If I smoke with you I’ll get all weirded about why you want to smoke with me in the first place.

Q. As preconceived notions go, you could do worse.

A. I know. The last time I smoked might have been a couple months ago. It’s not a regular thing. And I’m definitely not downing weed culture at all. There are lots of people who are productive. Snoop Dogg smokes constantly and he tours, D.J.s, has a web series and somehow posts on Instagram 75 times a day. So it’s not something I sit with and am angry about, but if it pops up I’m like: “drat it. No.”

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
Happy to report that Ashley Williams, who has been a crush for drat near 15 years, was both adorable and very funny.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Can't tell if this thread has been archived, but just in case it isn't, James Adomian will be appearing as Bernie Sanders tonight.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DivisionPost posted:

Can't tell if this thread has been archived, but just in case it isn't, James Adomian will be appearing as Bernie Sanders tonight.
:stare: Holy poo poo, this just started and it's already weird.

The hair is perfect.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
What a great episode. "Trump you ignorant slut!"
Edit: Funches week :eyepop:

Popelmon fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 19, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Funches week has begun, the prophesy fulfilled.

"Over there that's what they call soccer"

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"Pig loving is a gateway drug."
"Ask Kermit The Frog!"

Man, this week is off to a great start :allears:

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Yeah, I think this is the first time that I'll catch every episode this week. It's a lot easier to catch now since it's at 11, so I'm not as sleepy or drunk at this point in the night.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"Pffft, would I touch a poop for 20 dollars. How do you think I got where I am today?!"

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
Did anyone else's DVR not record this weeks' episodes so far because the name of the show inexplicably changed? I had to set up a new season pass....

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Mine recorded fine on AT&T Uverse. Maybe it was the time (re-) change?

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

WhiteHowler posted:

Mine recorded fine on AT&T Uverse. Maybe it was the time (re-) change?

I have a Tivo and sometimes the CableCards make things wonky. But I definitely had an At Midnight with Chris Hardwick that had no upcoming episodes, and an At Midnight with Chris Hardwick that I had to subscribe to.

Infernus
Nov 17, 2007
Don't just stare at it, eat it
I miss Ron Funchess

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Infernus posted:

I miss Ron Funchess

I miss Sad Jeff.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The Sklar Brothers are just so bland.

poser
Jun 9, 2002

Are they booing the power play?

I was saying Boo-urns!

Old James posted:

Cameron Esposito is the worst.

Is she a lesbian?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Holy balls, I haven't seen Ethan Embry in anything since Can't Hardly Wait and Empire Records.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Holy poo poo, Hardwick's conspiracy rant on Back to the Future being connected to the Illuminati was amazing.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

sticklefifer posted:

Holy poo poo, Hardwick's conspiracy rant on Back to the Future being connected to the Illuminati was amazing.

Usually I'm not crazy about him doing these long starting bits, but this one was actually good.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

sticklefifer posted:

A little TOO amazing...

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Ron Funches is dressed as Ric Flair for Halloween. (Well, HaloWeen, there's a lame product tie-in.)

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
And he is the best, as usual. Also: holy poo poo Steve Agee is a big dude :eyepop:.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
I have no beef with Steve Agee in general but his appearances over the last couple of weeks felt like some kind of weird comedy death spiral—he's been dire. Given what actually made it on air in this last one (I can't remember the last time I saw Hardwick get visibly annoyed at a panelist) the stuff that didn't must have been nightmare fuel.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
I just took it as Steve being hung over as poo poo and purposefully trolling the hell out of Hardwick.

Still, not nearly as funny as when they had Aisha Tyler as the third guest in the Brian/Steve sandwich.

EricFate fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 25, 2015

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I was really surprised when Ron Funchess was visibly the smallest person on the panel last night.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I kind of enjoyed Agee's Neil-Hamburger-esque belaboring of jokes, but nothing beats Ron Flair turning a series of emojis into a promo on Jake the Snake.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
It has been a while since an episode went that far off the rails, but Chris D'Elia and Whitney Cummings made that last episode turn into something amazing.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

EricFate posted:

It has been a while since an episode went that far off the rails, but Chris D'Elia and Whitney Cummings made that last episode turn into something amazing.

They're always gold together on this show. I watched the uncensored version and I have no idea what parts they could have cobbled together to get a broadcastable show...

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
This was the best one in a while.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
:stare: Michael Shannon's gonna be on tonight. As a contestant.

Train Surgeon
Jan 14, 2012

DivisionPost posted:

:stare: Michael Shannon's gonna be on tonight. As a contestant.

I read it as well, tried to look up whether there was an obscure comedian with the same name perhaps but nope. Looks like we're bowing to Zod tonight, very interested to see how this turns out.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I hope Nelson Van Alden kills it tonight, like he did Sesbo.

Poor Sesbo.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I liked his conviction to the "Dick the Halls" bit.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Michael Shannon did great; he's deceptively funny. A dry sense of humor, but humor nonetheless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbWNMa8ZMoQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
This should also be recognized:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dngOH9G4UPw

Also, "The best way to bake a Jew," God drat Seth.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Nov 19, 2015

• Locked thread