Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

raditts posted:

The British guy on tonight's episode is pretty bad. Hardwick keeps talking to him like he's retarded.

Pretty sure there's no Brits scheduled this week. Did you mean Rhys Darby? He's a Kiwi. I haven't seen the episode, but I'll be sad if he wasn't good since I really liked the Flight of the Conchords show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
I remember Scott Aukerman's tablet had "I'M SOOOOOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!" as they panned out before commercial.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

Noni posted:

Is it just me, or is comedy central's streaming video player so bad that it makes me yearn for realplayer?

It's pretty terrible.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Alison Brie was on a great CBB episode with Jason Mantzoukas. She held her own just fine.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

Relentlessboredomm posted:

That was a good ep. Andy Daly looks familiar and I can't place him. That said, he's loving hilarious.

Comes along bort already mentioned Eastbound & Down. Daly was also on MadTV, though I don't know when (gave up on it the first season pretty quickly). He used to pop on Late Night With Conan O'Brien, Crossballs (a short-lived Comedy Central program I actually liked; besides Daly, Matt Besser and Jerry Minor were regulars), Lewis Black's The Root of All Evil, and he has his own show coming out now, Review.

If you listen to comedy podcasts, you should give his podcast a go (The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project). Also, any of his appearances on the Comedy Bang! Bang! podcast are pure gold. (He's been on the TV program, too).

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

JT Jag posted:

I choose not to believe that this is true.

Even Hot Saucerman made an appearance on Red Eye.

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Mar 24, 2014

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

OmegaBR posted:

Natasha finds everything on this show really funny

I don't think it's that she laughs more than everyone else, just that she has a very distinctive laugh (which I like, but I know she's mentioned in interviews some people find it annoying).

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

Davros1 posted:

Since we're off for a while, who would you like to see on this show? I'd like to see Bobcat Goldthwait, Chelsea Perretti, Daniel Tosh, and Kathleen Madigan.

@Midnight becomes @Britnight: David Mitchell, Frankie Boyle, and Jimmy Carr.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

Hazo posted:

I looked up Janet Varney since I didn't know she did a bunch of comedy stuff aside from voicing Korra and

:haw:

You should watch Burning Love. Also, if you're in the Bay Area around SF Sketchfest time, she always does the live Rifftrax and pops up as a guest in a lot of stuff (which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned).

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

Jorghnassen posted:

Well, it was the first time I watched the show and I just love Janet Varney.

That is the correct reaction.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

Davros1 posted:

What they need to do is have Natasha Leggero on an ep with Funches and Myrin, and there will be no jokes, just the three of them laughing the whole show.

That sounds like a good lineup to me, Mister. :colbert:

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I like Patton Oswalt, has he been doing any stuff lately? or does he just spend most of his time relaxing in the shire these days?

Well, he did just have a book come out. He has some book signings and stand-up shows listed on his website.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

bigE posted:

It seems like since the show got retitled "@Midnight with Chris Hardwick" (according to my DVR & the credits) at the start of the year, his top of the show monologue/whatever has gotten significantly longer on most nights.

I don't necessarily mind it, but ultimately he's taking from the contestants, & they're who I watch the show for.

This is how I feel about it: I don't mind it, but not really the main reason I tuned in. I wouldn't mind the show running longer, though, so we get enough of both ranty Hardwick and competing contestants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

Von Sloneker posted:

Heil, Newman.

As someone who never got around to checking out RiffTrax, this is surreal and amazing to see these guys again. And now I need to get around to checking out RiffTrax.

Yes, you do. And if you're in the SF Bay Area, they always come out for SF Sketchfest for an evening of skewering short films. Paul F. Tompkins and Janet Varney always show up as guest riffers, lots of other cool and funny people do, too.

• Locked thread