Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Yeah, "playing a character" doesn't really brush off the criticism if someone doesn't find him funny. He's still making a conscious effort to play that character as the joke. He actually got a pretty good chuckle out of me with his "I've been following Katy Perry for a week now" line, but the rest was just irritating. What made it really bad was just how overpowering he was, or maybe how underpowering(?) the other two were in comparison? It really wore out his schtick pretty fast for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

It says a lot that now that we know they get time to prepare jokes ahead of time, Spade still went with the "off the top of my head? Touched by an Angelfish, haha isn't that lame?" line. :colbert:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Acquilae posted:

I felt like there was more filler in the middle but the beginning and ending episodes were fantastic.
gently caress, it's gonna suck waiting until Spring for the DVD release... I fully regret not just shelling out for HBO. :negative:

I think Cherry Poppins won that game hands-down, though. Took me a minute to get it, but holy hell. :tviv:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Shitenshi posted:

Next we'll be seeing those Smosh douchebags and Jenna Marbles.
Still better than David Spade, though! :v:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Davros1 posted:

THURSDAY 7/17
• Wil Wheaton @wilw
• Aisha Tyler @aishatyler
• Kevin Pereira @kpereira
This... is either going to be glorious, or an absolute trainwreck. :magical:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

... Okay, after that episode, I feel like I should humbly apologize for my trepidation with that line-up. It was absolutely magical, and Pereira turned out to be a lot less insufferable than I remembered him being. Not to mention that Aisha Tyler just stole the loving night there. :allears:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I can't believe they're bringing back Rhys Darby. I mean, his second time wasn't that bad, but holy gently caress was his first appearance even worse than David Spade. :psyduck:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Well, looks like I have to buck the gently caress up and eat my crow, because even I have to admit that Rhys was blazing it up out there. I still maintain that his first appearance is the worst thing ever on @midnight, but that sin is now forgiven in my book. :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I'll accept that I'm probably in the vast minority when I say this... but Rhys Darby #1 was honestly, unequivocally worse than David Spade for me. Spade sucked massive rear end and made me groan with pretty much every answer, but I'll take a bad guest any day of the week over the sheer irritation of whatever Darby's gimmick was that first time. Not only did I groan, but I actively wanted to turn it off every time he buzzed in.

Jason Biggs, I do not remember in the slightest. Which, I suppose says a lot about what impression he left on me. :D

• Locked thread