Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Corsair's seems especially useless. "Oh yeah, it's kind of like Wild Card, but instead of being able to use your ability right away, it still has 15 minutes left instead of 45. And it can only reset SP abilities." :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I need to finally start killing whats his face for the hearts. Still like 0/75 :I

I really hope they change the requirements for the 95, I don't think there are even 1500 HMPs on the server anymore.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Majumbo posted:

These new items actually have the item effects listed right on them? What game is this again??

I'm sure the problem will be actually getting them :v:

"Beat Divine Might 2.0 18 times to complete 1 player's armor"

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Are the servers still bone-dry? Last I logged on there weren't even 600 people on at NA prime.

Today is my 10-year anniversary of finally finishing POL updates and logging on for the first time. I got this game in Christmas of 2003, and I had dial-up, so the update literally took two days :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Did they ever add in COR's third roll like they promised like 3 years ago?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

That's one thing I love/hate about this game. Even after a decade, many of the mechanics are still being debated. Have the devs ever confirmed whether direction even has any effect on crafting?

I'm pretty sure this question was asked at one of the Vanafests, and the devs literally laughed and said "face whichever way your heart tells you"

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

frodnonnag posted:

Not even close. I know who it is. That account auction there looks to be for someone who went big in the abyssea era (all empy+2), and then quit, Came back briefly and decided to finalize leaving. He's got no recent gear.

Speaking of, how hard would it be to get recent gear if I don't do anything like 2/3boxing? I was thinking about coming back with a friend, but I quit at the start of SoA (When Delve was new), but I'm really wary due to the low server numbers these days.

e: This is for my COR, probably.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

frodnonnag posted:

You'd get into some events as cor, but you'd really need the flexibility to do a few more potential party slots. getting to 119 in gear wouldn't be too hard, since you can also get the papers via records of emminence. The only event that's hard to break thru to is delve.

I also have WHM and RDM at 99, and I think WAR is pretty high up there, but they are even worse geared :negative: RDM hasn't been geared since 99 was first introduced, and I don't even have a full set of Empy+1

What's all this about Trust? Is it kind of like the personal NPCs?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Am I reading this wrong, or did they add TParty to the official client? :psyduck:

Updating now, and just realized that there's probably a better download somewhere.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I gotta say, Trust is amazing :allears:

Though it sucks I can't bring them into Dynamis, I have less than 3k EXP to go in San d'Oria on my Relic+2 pants :argh:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Dynamis was never "instanced".

There was always only ever one zone, it was just you reserved it and no one else could enter. Now it's free-for all.

And I shot my Animikii bullet today :negative: But Hurkan WKR started right after and I was able to get another. I blame GearSwap.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I'm up for some page farming. My birthday is Sunday so I'll probably at dinner Saturday night, but if it's later in the evening I can do Saturday.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Gruknor posted:

What about friday? What time Saturday would be later in the evening?

Friday's free, and later Saturday evening would be like 7 or 8PM EDT.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Gruknor posted:

Could you do a few runs early Friday starting around 12pm edt, which would be 11am cdt. Maybe a few after work? Saturday we could do whatever, and do some Ra'Kaznar runs and/or some Yorica runs before Kazy/Suteru gets back from work and is logged in. That would also give us time to either buy or farm up some skirmish pieces.

I can probably do early Friday as well. Though I am helping my sister move tomorrow it seems, starting at 5 EST. I should be back home before 8 or so probably.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Gruknor posted:

Blech, helping sisters move is the worst. I had to help my sister move twice a year until she got into medical school. I would rather sniff an elephant's butt than help my sister move.

Anyway, the general consensus is early Friday and anytime on Saturday. That is what I am shooting for. Early Friday will be a few page runs till whoever needs to go to work. Saturday we can do 1-5 page skcnms and yorica/outer ra'kaznar skirms. Farming for some skirm pieces would help offset some of the costs. Which pages does everyone need?

I can't help it, I'm the one with the car, even if it is a Mini :v:

I have my hat at i119 now, and I just i109'd the gloves, so I need body, legs, and feet. I want to get Page 2 done first though. But if not, I have RDM that could use the other pages. I don't have any of the Enigmatic Devices for Skirmishes, so I'd need someone to help guide me.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I gotta say, at least in Reives, I don't miss WF at all. :allears:

Homestead Gun + Leaden Salute + Ygnes's +1 = 14k Leadens. I can solo Colonization Reives in Inner Ra'Kaznar in less than 3 minutes.

Though it would be nice to get WF unlocked. Anyone wanna go coin farming next week?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

No... wrong.. having to travel through five other zones to get up a ledge is gay as hell and should be banned.

Or you could not be lazy and do the flower quests. Also a COR with bolter's roll :smug:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Condiv posted:

Got on this morning to use up my login points on Beastly shanks and found out that I can't mail them between my characters. Will anyone be willing to help me move several shanks tomorrow so I can try in vain to get a D.Ring?

I found out the same thing this morning :v: I'll help if you still need.

e: Also guess who shot another rare/ex bullet this morning :suicide: At least I had the 6 paragons I could trade for a new one.

Kazy fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 30, 2014

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Gruknor posted:

The best way to go about this is to sell them in a bazaar them for 1 gil. Just make sure no one is in zone. I have a beastly shank on all of my mules. You might as well have those because they are just taking up inventory space.

I would do that so much, if I played cor. I think you can make gearswap lock certain item slots. I know you could do that with spellcast.

It doesn't work when you hit the wrong buttons at the same time and it does a WS in your QD gear :suicide:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

BUGS OF SPRING -- you're Tanag in-game right? I think you were the one with high-level synergy, and I need to get my Genbu Shield augmented. I got a Genbu's seal, but it's on my mule and I can't dbox it.

Condiv posted:

I'll still need help so I'll be on tomorrow around 12pm CST if that's good for you. Going to be using a lot of shanks unless I somehow get the best luck in the world so you'll probably want to set you HP in Port Bastok where my mules all are when we do this.

I got two more Shanks if you want them, by the way.

Gruknor posted:

Suteru "butterfingers" Kazy, that is your new name.

I shot a third one yesterday! :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

Yeah I am Tanag. Sorry I didn't get to you last night Suteru. I started dozing off in the last Skirmish and went to sleep after. I am a jerk!
I'll be around the same time tonight and can augment for both if ya.

Got +4% Cure Potency and MP+22 on my shield! :toot:

I also made a thing like it was 2006:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_7w8-nxv2I

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Condiv posted:

Sorry I haven't really been active lately but if you two are free this weekend and still want to use those shanks I can be on. I can do either Sat or Sun depending on when you guys are free.

Either is good for me. I just want Wyrmal Head if it drops from KB :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

I heard that fishing when you have max fishing + ebisu can make you some nice Gil. How is that and what kind of Gil are people pulling in? And can this be automated at all?

As far as I know, they nerfed the NPC price of the fish that people used for this. Ebisu is pretty much not worth it these days, from what I hear.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Sup Walk of Echoes v2.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Gammatron 64 posted:

FFXI is super unintuitive, complicated and clunky. It doesn't hold your hand at all. There is no minimap telling you where to go or tooltips or tutorials telling you how to do X. You need to have the wiki open at all times so you know what to do. It's super unfriendly to new players.

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Tutorial_NPC

It's been getting better over the years.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

krursk posted:

Re-subbed for nostalgia and having fun. Any link shell goons hanging around?

I think everyone's in other social LS's, there's only really 3-4 people that were in the shell consistently and they don't seem to be much anymore.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Shaezerus posted:

Did something happen to Phagen? Has Quetz lost this precious treasure of aggressive incompetence? :stare:

Nope, still around. I did Incursion with him, not knowing his reputation. He was bragging about getting 12 NQ boxes on a run while he 5-boxed everything. :suicide:

I go with Reborn every now and then now, and the higher levels drop like 10 NM coffers and over 300 NQ coffers per run.

Meanwhile, in Abyssea:

"STOP TAKING MY MOBS EVEN THOUGH WE ARE IN THE SAME PARTY, NOOBS!"

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Dynamis Proccing will be much easier after the update, since /dnc steps are being reduced to a 5 second recast.

I've started my Mythic but only as far as actually getting to the quest. I'm not sure I have it in me to farm all that Alexandrite :(

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Male of the Century posted:

Does the step timer reduction work on dancer as a subjob? It's going to be raining Dynamis currency if it does.

Yes, it does, and yes, it is. Got like 20% more currency on my first run.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Paladine_PSoT posted:

October update! Everyone* gets a+ weaponskills

*rdms are not people

Ahaha at least you get magic.

CORs get poo poo.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Shaezerus posted:

I keep wanting to come back as well, but I think I'll wait until the Seekers story is done. I want to see how much of this storyline is Odin's fault too.

November update supposedly has "final chapter" of SoA story.

Weird seeing an expansion story wrap up in under 2 years instead of the 5ish (? It felt like 5.) years it took WotG to wrap up.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

The latest SE dev post is great.

After years of being a RDM main this is almost insulting. Oh SE... :rolleyes:

Translation: They don't want to put RDM out of a job :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

LiquidFriend posted:

Could just play on a 75 cap private server I guess.

Did S-E completely remove the ability to pay for crysta via paypal?

It was never directly via paypal. They removed PlaySpan because they got rid of the Ultimate Game Card. They're adding in a direct Paypal option, though.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

As soon as everyone jumps servers, how much do you want to bet they'll announce a merge :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Bastok is lame and ugly,
Windurst is big and confusing.

San d'Oria for life. :c00lbert:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Aren't the Urganites good to AFK on? Use healing trusts and you should be set, plus they take forever to kill.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Paladine_PSoT posted:

There's no beseiged trigger for it, then?

As long as they aren't currently in Beseiged. I made the mistake of not checking before using all my 1-time items opening the door :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

quote:

Live Presentation Event (03/17/2015)

We will be holding a press conference regarding our plans for FINAL FANTASY XI going forward, with the event broadcast live on the internet.

Date and Time: Thursday, March 19 starting at 12:00 a.m. PDT
Viewable on YouTube Live
*The stream will be in Japanese only and will be made public when the event begins. An English language digest will be made available on the official forums.
* Note that the broadcast may not be available in all regions.

Kind of ominous, no? F2P? New Expansion?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

ghostinmyshell posted:

I hope you guys like cell phone games :smith:

Also one last expansion. Adjustments will still keep going afterwards.

Game screenshots:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Kuai posted:

Oh god you guys have to put up with Nexon now :negative:

Could be wrong, but person who is translating in BG chat said that Nexon is only handling the Smartphone client.