Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

frodnonnag posted:

Like 11 was any better back then. We had what for memorable hack experiences, the ctd bug with chat, pulling poo poo from people's bazaars, the salvage dupe bans, and the continued and prolific use of the heinous cupper/clipper?

It seems the one thing SE adamantly refuses to learn is security.

My favorite was hearing about the memory tampering hack where you were able to literally fish up Royal Beds from the sea in Port Jeuno every time you cast your line, and sell them to the duty-free NPC vendors for an enormous amount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

JADEY!! I just saw on BG's Relic thread that you finished your Kenkonken?! :aaaaa: (Not sure how long ago you did...) So awesome, congrats!

Please post some of those Pummel damage pics and/or feelings on the weapons performance, I may have quit the game a long time ago but boy do I miss PUP lol... Living Lucieus' dream :swoon:

Happy Blue Cow fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Apr 1, 2014

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

sorry for the newbie & probably already asked questions but... I just hopped back in this game after missing most of adoulin (last event I did was a very small amount of Delve grinding, none of the bosses were killed though). I got some sparks gear (i117), a whole bunch of trusts, and unlocked my empy WS. Could anyone point me in the direction of what gear to work towards next? It seems this time around there is a lot of choices, and I'm not sure what is the ideal way to work to the top.

I figured reforged AF1+1 is my next goal, but should it be skipped for reforged AF2+1 instead (or even skip that and go for Reforged AF3?) Though its somewhat confusing cause all those reforged armor sets are all lower ilvl than the sparks vendor gear I bought for dirt cheap, but from what I understand that gear isn't really i117??

I also logged in on Quetz and noticed the goon shell was empty and now everyone is on Asura... maybe I'll transfer over there and join you all if the game keeps my interest long enough, but for now I'm duo'ing with another friend, so preferably looking for advice on a gear path that can be obtained duo (RDM+THF) with trusts.

Hopefully we could get enough gear so we can atleast stand in Reisenjima and actually be able to hit the monsters in there :( We're currently blocked by the Rhapsodies chapter 3-2 because the 3 monsters that spawn at night that we have to kill are just so tough.

Happy Blue Cow fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Nov 16, 2015

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

Thanks for the super detailed write-ups both of you. It really helpped me know what to shoot for next. Didn't even occur to me to check the AH for weapon mats from Oboro!

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

Transferred over from Quetz and in as Fabiano, will try to see if I can find any of you goons online for a pearl.

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

:toot::toot::toot:

nice congratulations!!

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

all kinds of mythics being completed by goons these days, speaking of which....

:woop: finished my Kenkonken finally :woop:

is Abyssea still the best place for the killing blow trials? Any specific atmas or just go wild with the typical RR/Apoc/etc..

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

Paladine_PSoT posted:

The boots were rear end.

Ummm... RDM relic boots are ridiculously good though? Best in slot for Magic Acc for Enfeebling, MND Enfeebles, and has some of the very rare Enfeebling Potency stat. Probably also really good for Free Nukes due to that +55 MAB, barring some perfect Oseem augmented Merlinic.

If COR boots weren't the hottest poo poo in town, RDM were probably the runner-up for getting the best piece of gear out of Dyna-Sandy

Happy Blue Cow fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Dec 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

Is that green tree shrub trust as good as the amount of effort it takes to get it? Cause Holy moly is that a lot of work.

He’s similar to Apururu and Yoran-Oran, so nothing really special. The advantage he gives is he allows you to not be indirectly forced into joining Apururu or Yoran-Oran UC, letting you join the other, more unique, UC’s instead. Some examples: Naja(UC) has a potent -MDB weaponskill, Sylvie(UC) has bubbles and light healing support, and Ayame(UC) can share her TP with you. They’re kind of neat tools to mess around with, but missing out on Apururu/Yoran without Ygnas always feels bad.

Though honestly Yoran is probably still the best...