Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

The only sensible thing is to use them on an afterglow.

Afterglow Daurdabla is the best use of that gil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Anyone score big in the bonanza? I had 10 marbles and got a rank 4 and rank 5.

Hume AA statue
AF3+2 set for SMN (I was surprised, the flyer only said 1 piece but it was in fact the whole set)
10 inventory slots

I had 50 marbles, I got 1 rank 3 and 6 rank 5. +50ish inventory is the real prize, at least that is what I telling myself.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
Congratulations Frod, that is quite an accomplishment.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

frodnonnag posted:

That's exactly what they are doing. After all, Jamie just spent like 6 days straight in mamook for gulool ja ja.

rip jamie

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Valle posted:

Thanks to Jamie for fixing a loan for the last bit so I could get the drat thing done!

Now for the WS trials and the Umbral marrow and the Plutons to finally 119 it!

Congratulations

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Eight-Six posted:

Any goon willing to cleave my BRD to 99 for gil? Tired of helping Abyssea parties that go to poo poo once I change out of my DD jobs, figured I'd throw the offer out here first before shouts.

Use trust npcs, GoV/FoV manuals and RoE quests. That should get you levels very quickly. Brd has debuff songs and buffs songs to help you level faster. If you rely on just your brd meleeing, it will probably take forever at lower levels till you get better gear options. Just a word to the wise, you will need to get a level 90 or 99 daurdabla before you can really call yourself a good brd. Gjallarhorn helps a lot, especially with ballad's, but daurdabla is game changing for a brd. That is not something you need to worry about till your brd is level 99 and you have all five aoidos' +2'd, and at least the aoidos' necklace.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Eight-Six posted:

35 and 2 million.

Save your 2 million, you will need it to buy gjallarhorn/daurdabla. Start your own abyssea exp group. That is the fastest way to level for brd. Leveling the way I told you is actually really easy, but requires you to pay attention to what you are doing and have decent gear for meleeing as brd.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/41006
Proof that Galkas are going to make good mages, and Tarus are going to make good tanks.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/39346-Future-Plans-for-Equipment?p=498271&viewfull=1#post498271
This is a link to the dev post about us getting a new shield and instrument(the instrument will give brds a 3rd song).

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
The prereqs for the JSE is fairly easy to do. The biggest problem is getting yourself geared and with a decent spellcast and group to accomplish that stuff. Finding a good group is really hard to do.

P.S. The JSE is poo poo for most, but the shield and instrument are worth getting if you do not have the ochain/daurdabla.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

The shield is awful and really if you don't have Ochain, you should probably be on a different job.

Bard probably can get away with just having the gimp daurdabla. Pld could not really get away with it.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

The harp is a huge get for Bards as things really do change with that extra song.

You are right, but I still want to get a daudabla because it has the song duration enhanced effect and it can be upgraded to have two extra songs.

P.S. Condiv, is your in-game name Alanse?

Gruknor fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 8, 2014

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

Glad I already bought up almost all the Beitsu I was going to need in advance.

I just recently threw away about 200 beitsu. How did you know that you were going to need beitsu in advance?

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
I tried doing Arrapago Remnants II last night, but I could not get past the first floor. You see whenever I tried to use the blue circle teleport it would give me an error message. The message said that I could not use to teleport. Do you have to open the gilded door before you can use the teleport? Is there some objective to the first floor that is not in Jadey's Salvage2 guide? I am out of ideas.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
The problem was I did not open the gilded door before the teleport to the second floor. Thanks for all the help. I was being lazy.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

Because normal movement speed is terrible in FFXI.

I think he was commenting more on me cheeseing my way through walls. I am just a lazy person and want to run around at sonic the hedgehog speeds.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Loner-Assassin posted:

What the hell is that thing? Was it in the latest ver update?

That is what Frod looks like when he goes to hooker, in order to support his gil buying habits.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Goddamnit you cocksuckers i reactivated. Updating.

Make sure to have rng leveled to 99 with an annihilator at ilvl 119. Then you can spam Coronach like everyone else.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

GarrBear posted:

Just reactivated, not played since 2011 and reading the changes :psyduck: If anyone's on Fenrir and willing to throw a LS my way I'd really appreciate it, name is Garion in-game. Hell, I'll world transfer, all my friends are long gone

Quetzalcoatl is the goon server. Ask Frodnon for a linkpearl. He is the goon shellholder/guildleader.

P.S. Congratulations in real life Sir Frodnon of Butt Patting for getting a defending ring.
P.P.S. Rng is the job to be if you want to do high end content.

Gruknor fucked around with this message at 05:57 on May 28, 2014

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

Back in and ready to get my rune on. :shepface: I was a retard and had a bunch of beitetsu in my bazaar for like 1k which is apparently worth money now since it was bought up immediately. Does dyna currency still sell decently? It's the only thing I have ever really been able to farm consistently.

Beitetsu/Pluton/Riftborn are very easy to get farming the merit points fights for pages and gear. Dynamis currency and Alexandrite both sell very well. I was making 4 million per day, selling all four currencies. Most days I only sold two currencies though. I was working on ghallarhorn. Jadey posted an amazing alexandrite guide a few pages back. Use that till you get the hang of things. If you have thf99/dnc49, that is my favorite combo to farm dyna and salvage 2.

P.S.

CubsWoo posted:

Newer goons on your first or second level 99 job - do you need cash for a relic, to get reforge pieces to push your AF gear to 119 or to powerlevel a craft? Don't want to have to blow 2 hours in Dynamis every day or fund the Brosale army (however, if you do buy gil it's around $2.50/million right now if you trust your information to the Chinese) and want a product that sells super fast?

Then I recommend Soloing Salvage - Arrapago Remnants II. It's pretty brainless for almost all DD jobs, takes about an hour of your time per day and will usually net you well over a million gil in quick-selling Alexandrite. There are a few prerequisites, though:

- You need to be on or past ToAU mission 17 - this can be done very easily by any level 99 character in a few days of forced JP midnight waits.
- A Salvage permit costs 500 Assault points (easily earned either through soloing any PSC assault or exchanging a RoE copper voucher for 1000 Assault Points) and you can get one permit per JP midnight wait.
- You'll want your level 99 job to be mostly merited (especially your merited WS, if applicable, plus things like crit rate/combat skill/job merits that boost damage.)
- You'll want at minimum a full set of job-appropriate RoE Spark gear (Espial/Outrider, jobs with MP may want Wayfarer for an idle set) and basic accessories like a Haste belt to get you to the cap, rings/earrings/back pieces with appropriate stats, etc.
- Each run you should eat food (I recommend yellow/red curry buns or Marinara Pizza) and bring Remedies. You may want a means of Reraise to be safe your first few times in.
- If you aren't using a job that can cast Pro/Shell, it helps to buy scrolls of Instant Protect and Instant Shell from the Peacekeeper's Coalition in Eastern Adoulin. They're 1000 Bayld each, easily earned by doing a few coalition assignments.
- Most people will sub DNC for this, but a few jobs (BLU, PUP, maybe RUN) can get away with subbing THF. If you aren't subbing DNC, be sure to bring oils and powders to get around safely (or just give 800% and don't worry about it!)

Here is my recommended farming path, following the floor layout here: http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Arrapago_Remnants_II - I will also include extra farming opportunites for more Alex/Salvage plans/chances at Cotton Purses for people with better gear or want to spend more time in the zone. A 'skip it all' run will net you ~10 Alex plus 1-2 Linen Purses (50-99 Alex in each) in 30-40 minutes. A nearly full clear will get you ~50 Alex, 0-4+ Cotton Purses (5-20 Alex) and 1-2 Linen Purses in ~70-90 minutes. None of the cotton purses are guaranteed (at best 10% drop rate,) and only one of the two Linens is guaranteed (if you meet certain requirements.) Also note that you get a full HP/MP restore after each teleport up - use this to your advantage.

Floor 1

Unlock what's available at the lamp. You'll always get your main/sub weapon, JA/WS, Magic, and SJ, plus 1 random equip slot, 2 attributes and either HP or MP.

Kill Vultures until you get your Head/Neck and Back/Waist unlocks. Head to the west hallway and kill the Merrow Kabukidancer. Double back south to the leeches and kill them until you get Ranged and Rings/Earrings. Kill the Marrow Shadowdancer in the next south hallway. If you have both MP and Hands unlocked, sneak/invis up and head to the southwest teleport. If you didn't get both, just sneak to the next Merrow in the SW loop and kill it, then sneak past the next leeches and port up. There is a possible NM spawn on this floor but it takes forever to do so I suggest ignoring it.

Floor 2

Unlock anything you didn't get from the Merrows via the lamp (Legs/Feet, Hands, MP), sneak/invis past the mobs, open the door and port up.

BONUS FARM: Kill the Merrow and Lamia in the room you start in, then open the door and kill the 4 Archaic Gear in the hallways, then the fifth gear that pops near the teleporter. Each of the 4 gears can drop single Alex, and the 5th can drop a Cotton Purse.

Floor 3

Go west and kill Flytraps until you unlock DEX/AGI/MND, double back east and kill Qutrubs until you unlock INT, sneak/invis north past the Qutrubs and Lamia and port up.

BONUS FARM: Kill the Acrolith that pops among the Qutrub, and kill the single Archaic Gear that spawns among the Lamia to pop a second Archaic Gear NM in the room with the teleporter to go up. Both NMs can drop Cotton Purses.

Floor 4

Head west from the teleport in, kill a Lamia Fatedealer to get VIT and CHR (if you don't get one or the other, don't worry, you should be able to unlock it on the next floor's lamp,) head back east to the teleporter room, open the door and port up.

BONUS FARM: Kill all 3 Acroliths that spawn in the room before the Lamia, then kill both Lamia Fatedealers and Lamia Dartists to spawn Lamia Spoliator, then kill it. 4 chances at Cotton Purses.

Floor 5

Follow the path, killing Archaic Gears until you get your Body slot unlock. When you get to the large room, fight an Archaic Rampart in one of the four corners until it does Reinforcements (this will spawn 7 Archaic Gears,) kill the Rampart, then kill Gears until you get a STR unlock, then head east to the teleporter and port up.

BONUS FARM: All single gears on this floor have a chance to drop 1 Alex. All Ramparts and triple Gears are guaranteed to drop 1 Alex, with a chance for 2. For newer players, attempting a full clear of floor 5 is difficult and dangerous - you run the risk of linking all 7 Gears when you pull and even in upper-tier gear, it can occasionally be overwhelming. A full clear of the floor will guarantee you 32 Alex, but 40+ due to double drops/single gear drops isn't out of the question. If you're unsure of your kill speed or survivability, try one Rampart/Gears spawn with Reraise on.

Floor 6

IMPORTANT: You must be able to kill the Armored Chariot in under 3 minutes from when you aggro/engage it. Save TP from the previous floor if possible, or kill an Archaic Chariot to build TP first. Check that your food is still active, and pop your Instant Protect/Instant Shell scrolls if you bought them.

Find the Armored Chariot, engage it, and kill it in under three minutes. Move to the Archaic Rampart in the south portion of the zone, engage it and allow it to use Reinforcements. If it spawns an Archaic Chariot, you killed Armored Chariot too slowly. If it spawns Khimaira, you're good - in either case, kill the Rampart and then whatever spawned from it (~10% chance of Linen Purse from Khim.) Head North and port up to the final floor. Note that Khim can use Fulmination at low HP, so have Remedies ready to counter the very strong Paralyze. Fight Khim on the side to avoid his other bad TP moves (Plague Swipe and Fossilizing Breath.)

BONUS FARM: There are 7 roaming Archaic Chariots on the floor that drop 1 Alex guaranteed with a chance at 2.

Floor 7

Final floor, only one mob - either Khim (if you screwed up Armored Chariot) or Khrysokhimaira Elder (if you didn't.) Elder is guaranteed to drop a Linen, NQ Khim can drop one at the same rate as floor 6 Khim. Elder is marginally more difficult, but not to any extreme. Fight him the same way you fight NQ Khim and feel free to use your 1 hour abilities to speed it up.

If you decide to do this and want an easy way to sell your farm, for the forseeable future I will be buying all Alex at 10,000 gil each. You can probably sell it for ~12k or so in Upper Jeuno and maybe find a buyer but just looking at FFXIAH there's ~3600 Alex up there for that price or higher that nobody making a Mythic is buying. Whether you sell to me or to the open market I hope this helps you get a little richer and a little more geared up!

Gruknor fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 31, 2014

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
GetOut is the current GoonLS on Quetzalcoatl. Ask Jamiemadrox, Frodnon, Jewbacca, or Silvereyes for a goonpearl.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Dr. Doji Suave posted:

Well poo poo I better start learning about Abyssea then since I am level 38MNK/14WAR

Just hit Rank 3 in comedic exploding stone lettering fashion.

Go to bgwiki and type abyssea guide in the search bar. I would link it, but it is important that you learn how to use these sites. They will be how you get most of your info about ffxi.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Dr. Doji Suave posted:

Been using it for the Rank Missions which has been a huge help just for the maps of the lesser areas alone.

Edit: BGwiki blows FFXIcyclopedia out of the water. Thanks for the mention!

Unfortunately you need to use a few sites to get all your information. Ffxiah, bg-wiki, ffxiah forums and the AH shouts, ffxiclopedia, ffxidb(great site that shows what mobs drop an item and its rarity), windower forums, and maybe the bg forums. Get cupper from http://www.ffevo.net/files/file/223-cupper/, it is an illegal speed increase and go through walls thing. It is super helpful, just never talk about it in ffxi chat and do not use it in populated areas or in groups of people you do not know. SE do use chat as proof to ban characters.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

I thought that dnc was the more efficient dynamis farmer due to being able to lock sub for white procs and still have access to self heals and snk/invis. Maybe that's changed though, it's been a long time since I last farmed there.

Magic is a lot harder to proc than WS. WS is harder to proc than JA. I use THF, so I can't say if DNC or THF is better. BST is also really good at dynamis. I am told BLU and PUP are two other great jobs to take to farm dynamis. I recommend THF or DNC. Farming dynamis for currency and relic armor, is a good idea. THF and DNC can also farm Salvage 2 for alexandrite and plans.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Zero The Hero posted:

Maybe a more thoroughly skilled DNC than me gets off more procs on DNC main than I can, but I simply don't proc enough mobs for the 1/100 chance of a white proc to catch up with the sheer amount of extra currency I get from high levels of TH. That said, can DNC get a level of TH somehow? That would make a huge difference.

I have a theory that BLU could be a great Dynamis farmer. You'd be able to JA, MA, and WS proc, and you could bring TH2, which is most of the benefit TH will give you. My BLU isn't good enough for me to try it out though, and I don't have Tarutaru Sash. You'd still have to /DNC. I'd like to see how well it worked, though.

Blu/dnc can easily farm dynamis currency. Procs have more to do with the amount of currency dropping than TH. Proc the mob and kill it asap, that will help you get more currency than if you had full +TH gear.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

I think you're overestimating how much of an impact a higher level of TH actually brings for a lot of stuff. :shobon:

TH has no affect on dynamis currency or alexandrite droprates. Those are two easy to farm stuff. TH does affect relic/relic-1 armor droprates. I am not sure if TH does anything to plans, but I noticed a difference in the amount of plans I got per run if I had my TH hands and feet on.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Zero The Hero posted:

This is provably wrong.
http://ffxidb.com/zones/40/nightmare-mandragora

TH1 and 2 make the biggest impact, because they increase the total amount of currency able to drop. It's been too long since I ran Dynamis without TH, but iirc you can't even get more than 3 per mob without TH.

no proc, no drop

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

The misinformation going on in this thread is wild.

To be fair, none of the information has ever been confirmed by SE.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

SperginMcBadposter posted:

I just got my account back through support after several years of not playing. My highest job is level 61, but I've been away from the game for so long I don't even know what to do. I stopped playing around 2009 and am lost as hell.

You should read the OP, it has most of the information that you will need. http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana%27diel

If you have any questions to ask, feel free to ask them in this thread.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

frodnonnag posted:

From what nerds in BG are saying, there's fish in soa who NPC for the same amount. They are probably gonna go after those.

Could you give us a link, so I can see which fish I will have to switch to? I can never find anything in the bg forums.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

Yeah, you should still unlock Voidwatch.

Is Voidwatch a big part of the game like it was 2'ish years ago? No. But it does have some use.

You will need to progress through the city voidwatch clears to unlock Emperyan Weapon Skills (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Walk_of_Echoes_Weapon_Skill_Trials). Quite a few of those weapon skills are the best available for their respective weapons.

A bunch of weaponskills are about to be buffed, and a lot of emp WS's will be really good. Victory Smite, Tachi: Fudo (perhaps), Blade: Hi and Chant du Cygne will be top dog Weaponskills. Ukko's Fury will be close to fully maxed Upheavel, Jishnu's Radiance is the top damage bow WS, and depending on how they adjust the magical accuracy properties to Wildfire it could end up being a very handy Weaponskill for gun rangers that don't have a relic. It's also a good source for quick merit points and there are good money drops.

What's the best sparks item to NPC for gil?

I have no idea which sparks items sells for the most gil. I bet Jadey knows, I remember him making a comment a few months ago about the high level stuff selling for the most. The level 99 gear has ex on them, I am almost 100% sure that makes them unsellable. I would try the weapons. I know Negoroshiki sells for about 12k per gun.

Thern posted:

That link mentions that you should unlock Voidwatch, but the OP mentions it as being obsolete. Is it still worth doing?

Voidwatch, Abyssea, Meeble Burrows, Imperial Tags from Aht Urghan; they all have timers and are all worth starting their timers. Meeble Burrows has some accessories that are really good for some jobs. Abyssea is still the best place to level from 30-99, you just have a lot of skilling up to do. Imperial Tags are not that useful unless you are doing assaults.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Is there a coles notes for which ws are actually good now and which got hosed?

The impression I get from BG nerds is that sam got some awesome ws, as did thf and dnc. No idea about any others. From personal testing the new run ws isn't that great. At every tp level it hit about the same or worse than reso without buffs. I guess it could be worth it if you want to save merits on run. :shrug:

Just wait a day or two, all this stuff is still very new.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Pomp posted:

Who the hell do I message for a shell?

edit: Oh my god I can teleport

Jewbacca, Mulebacca, Baddtaru, Jamiemadrox, Frodnon, Jadey, Silvereyes, Transgalka, Hachiiiiii(six i's, this guy is a douche for spelling his name like that), and I think that is it. Your best bet is to ask the forums for a linkpearl. Most of us go afk and play better more interesting games like hide the salami in Frodnon's butt or Mario Kart 8.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Pomp posted:

Oh, well, I'm logged in as Srava for the rest of the night while I try to figure out what people do for XP nowadays.

Field/Ground Manuals, Trust NPCs, Abyssea, Reives, getting dumb gay Baddtaru to pimp out Jamie to give you that sweet 17k exp an hour. That is what I do to level.

Gruknor fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jun 19, 2014

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

Update completely broke gambot :(

Whenever I would target mobs, they would eventually blink out of existence and I would lose target. Then they would reappear. It was really annoying.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

I think that's tied to JA0Wait within cupper. I had that issue after an update months ago (that changed a lot of code structure; guess this one also did) and I stopped using it ever since.

Upon further review, everything that uses fface is broken as hell right now.

Kind of funny that the new best Monk weaponskills are now Raging Fists (if attack is capped) or Howling Fist (if attack is not capped). Also with the new fTP values, basically you'd have to be dumb to choose anything besides the TP Bonus earring for clearing WotG. If you're a lazy rear end like I am, I'd suggest doing Wings of the Goddess now.

So you are no currently using cupper? Are you using any other speed increasing cheat? I am just curious because I am always looking for something better.

I am in the same boat as you. I plan on doing WOTG missions with Jewbacca and Mulebacca, anyone who wants to join me is more than welcome.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Pomp posted:

I've been using search to check Gusgen Mines and Crawlers Nest for bookburn alliances every few hours, but nobody seems to actually do those anymore.

The only way you will find a book burn is if you start one yourself. Still, your best bet is go solo with trust npcs and do a solo book burning. Make sure to get Kupipi, she is a great healer for when you are first starting out. Make sure to melee the mob. Trusts do not heal you or help attack the mob unless you are actually in combat with the mob, not just slinging nukes from a far.

You also want to make sure that you are using Record of Eminence quests. Some of them are one time only, but the ones you can repeat are sometimes mob and zone specific. Spoils quests are often repeatable. Some of the kill quests, or deal damage quests are repeatable as well. Basically when I am trying to say is do a few repeatable RoE(Record of Eminence) quests and try to find a book in the same zone. Trusts to help you out, you should be able to level easily. The blue chests that drop have temp items that can help you out in a pinch. The brown chests can have armor or some other stuff that you can use or sell. Chests are really helpful. Good luck, and make sure to use ffxiah, bg-wiki, and ffxiclopedia.

Gruknor fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jun 19, 2014

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

King for a day posted:

I'm thinking about picking up this game if it gets a decent sale on the Steam summer sale. I'm also trying to get my old POL account linked to my SE account but so far SE support hasn't figured out why I can't yet. But it got me thinking: should I just started over?

I'm just worried about doing all of the subjob/LB/unlock job quests again because those were a pain.

Also is there any way for a fresh character to make gil?

I just want to die horrible deaths destroy everything with my BST again dang it

You can start over completely, or when you get your old account reactivated you can have it on another account. It is a good idea to have a backup account if you are into that kind of thing.

Fresh characters can sell crystals on the AH for gil, selling stacks of beehive chips or wax sell at a decent rate.

BST are still great, they can solo/duo most of the content except a few of the higher end stuff. If you get creative, you can probably even do end game stuff. A few months ago me and 17 other bst/pup/smn fought a T5 nm. We won and it was fun.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

G Prestige posted:

You could try clipper. I personally haven't used Cupper before, but everyone talks about it over clipper, so maybe I'll give it a shot.

Either way, Clipper provides the speed boost, with Maintenance mode so you can run through everything without people seeing you move an inch - you just basically "teleport". GM flag/JAWait0/exclusions etc.

They can still see you when you go through walls or make yourself levitate. You really need to be careful with cupper's/clipper's maintenance mode. I sneak/invis myself just to be on the safe side. Players can still target you, but it is harder to see if you are doing anything that you should not be doing.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Tried soloing Raz'nar skirmish tonight and found it to not really be feasible. On a solo job, you will likely time out and on a DD job you're probably going to end up dying due to the trusts being even more retarded than the average pubbie.

My gear is far from perfect, but I assume if someone had awesome gear they wouldn't bother soloing it anyway.

Did you try it on easy? Did you use cupper to run fast and through walls?

Some of the nms in that zone are a huge pain in the rear end with their aoe. Pet jobs will probably have a hard time, but might also have the best shot, if their pet can take hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

I tried 1/1/1 on DNC and MNK, cupping pretty hard. On DNC I was doing ok while I was turtling, but it was taking too long so I tried to speed it up by busting out some SCs. I ended up getting para'd and dying. On MNK my NPCs ate a few AoEs and sat there curing themselves while I died lmbo

I wouldn't mind trying it on BST with the new HQ pets, but I have a feeling you would still time out. It could be possible with great gear and some luck, but if you're just after KIs it's a much better use of your time to just grab a few pubbies and burn 1/1/1 simalcrums.

Even with really bad pubbies, you could at least do a 2/2/2. Now Yorica, Rala, and Cirdas; those I could see being solable with good gear and using trust npcs. I can duo all of the skirms that are not ra'kaznar. I can almost solo all of them except yorica. I bet I could solo yorica if I had better gear for my blm and sch to level 49. The Ra'kaznar skirm is a huge pain, and actually benefits from having multiple people going in and destroying all the mobs to get the correct amount of points for objective 1 and 2. If all six people use cupper and have okay to decent gear, it is easily doable.