Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

WHATEVS SISTER posted:

We've still got a ragtag group of old goons on Cerberus if anyone wants a group.

Ever the jokester :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Hey, did you guys hear the latest news about FFXIV? Hackers/gilsellers apparently discovered that they can send querys to the market(auction house) pretending to be you, if they can just get your ID. Which it is assumed they are currently getting by targeting you and selecting trade (they get the ID regardless of you clicking accept or not I guess). And then they just ask the game to buy single bone chips for millions of gil, on your behalf.

Cue emergency maintenance that has been going for 2 hours now, and considering what a huge security hole this is, I have no idea when the game will be back up. :v:

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

As the OP says, what goons play are on Quetzalcoatl.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

So I thought the update would be on Tuesday, but it's today. Technically it's 2am on Tuesday in Japan I guess. Derp.

I just had time to get online, see that Dynamis - Tavnazia was free, and enter it. And then I got the NOW SHUTTING DOWN. (No, I didn't notice the MOTD on login.)

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

With THF you'll probably want to do dynamis as well. Either to rack up currency for a relic, or for even more gil!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

keldegar posted:

I have an account with up to WotG. However, I've lost my install discs. What are my options for signing back up? Could anyone help me out with an installer?

Buy complete edition, download everything.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Thanks to Jamie for fixing a loan for the last bit so I could get the drat thing done!

Now for the WS trials and the Umbral marrow and the Plutons to finally 119 it!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Oh my god. Oh my loving god! How did I not see this until now?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh9ECFIvbA0

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

So I suddenly got DC'ed, now I can't even log back on. And playonline.com is gone. Did Japan just get vaporized or something?

Edit: Aaaand it's all good. No message about wtf happened though. Odd.

Valle fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Apr 3, 2014

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Holy crap. Congratulations!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

There was a TH belt in the dats last patch or something? Haven't really played since about the time that patch came out though so...don't know if it's actually available and from what.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Paladine_PSoT posted:

These procs can be either gear or currency (though currency has a much higher drop percent.) This means with a red proc it's entirely possible to get 4 pieces of relic gear (though that would be exceedingly rare).

You sure about that? I could swear the gear and currency drop slots are separate.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Not unless that was a proc without all time extenders.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

The important question is: How much exp are you getting per mob? :v:

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Yeah, most people just use Trust. Less hassle when you can have your own party in an instant!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

You need to clear out your inventory. Drop some of that poo poo! :downs:

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Copycat Zero posted:

Wait, I thought Dynamis was instanced? Or is it only certain Dynamis zones that are and others can have other people in them?

Used to be instanced. Complete mission 5-2 for your nation (be rank 6 basically), zone into Xarcabard, examine trail markings at a city for the Vial of Shrouded Sand key item. Then head off to one of the beastmen strongholds, Davoi/Bedeaux/Castle Oztroja, and talk to the Goblin right inside. Buy Prismatic Hourglass KI for 50k gil, and you can enter a dynamis zone once per day!

Valle fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Aug 12, 2014

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

Throwing the towel in on FFXI was long overdue.

We all know that deep down, you miss it. :downs:

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Stop calling Jadey a nobody! :(

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

I plan to resub for the finale. Might as well see the story through.

Same. Possibly before that even!

brokenknee posted:

does anybody actually still play this poo poo on a PS2? For that matter, does anybody still even have a working PS2?

Never played it on the PS2. As for having a working one, yes! Modchipped and everything.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah 12 isn't bad or anything, I've just gotten bored and quit whenever I try playing through, though. They did a FF10 HD remake, I'd rather have FF12 HD with the international zodiac stuff in it so I could beat that game. I liked FF10 okay back in the day but I dunno if I'd enjoy it now and have the need to play through it again. Never did beat X-2 either but eeeehhh.

While we're on the subject of sequels, FF4 the After Years on Wii was lovely as gently caress and I never played the 13 sequels at that requires me playing through FF13, Jesus God

You're crazy. FF10 is tons better than FF12! The sphere grid is far superior to that whatever they called it in FF12. And as for battle...FF12 seemed like a good idea, with the programmable responses, but once you've made a good set of commands it's suddenly pretty loving stupid. I mean, there's no battle, I just ran over to some mobs, then picked up a book and read a page. Then battle would be over and I'd run over to the next mob. And read another page. And that was the rest of the game, more or less. SNOOOZE.

X-2's clothes system was actually kinda good, if you could look past the fact that it feels like you're playing dress-up-barbie or something.

Aaaanyway, resubbing as we speak.

Edit: sure wish I could utilize my 100mbit line to actually download the last year's updates at something resembling a speedy rate. SE will never change.

Valle fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 20, 2015

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

On Asura as Tyranderp. Pearl me if anyone is on in the next couple of hours!

Edit: I have 2902 traverser stones :v:

Valle fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 20, 2015

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

I know they'll never do it due to the massive amounts of code rewrites necessary, but I'd kill for inventory data to load faster. Maybe it's due to me playing off wireless, but inventory takes 4-5 seconds to load after zoning. A nitpicky problem, I admit, but it'd still be nice to see the game optimized.

Only 4-5? More like 10-15 here. Playing from Norway, on a 100mbit line.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Vil posted:

I was curious about the same thing and figured what the hell, it's only :10bux: if it doesn't work out.

The version from SE's store only gives a code for the ultimate seekers edition itself. It does not also give codes for the shirt and beret.

The version from Steam (which, admittedly, costs way more) gives codes for all three.

In related news, I have an extra code for the ultimate seekers edition.

This is pretty odd, because I looked it up on the SE EU store, and:

Squeenix posted:

The Seekers Edition also comes with a code for the exclusive Chocobo Shirt and the Destrier Beret ingame items!

I guess SENA are asshats? (Buy the EU version!)

Edit: In related news, I now have an extra Ultimate Collection code, as well as a chocobo beret code! Doubt I can be arsed to twobox.

Valle fucked around with this message at 11:08 on May 2, 2015

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

So what you're saying is that SE support has actually gotten worse over the years?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

You're all talking about difficult/easier runs to cities. Come on guys. Destrier Beret. It has auto-reraise. The only way you can fail to reach anywhere is if you accidentally hit "no" when it asks if you want to get back up!

Edit: Welp, the EU store still has the ultimate edition for :10bux:, codes for beret and shirt are in there.
VVVVVVVVVVV

Valle fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 7, 2015

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Oh right, I saw something about warp when I talked to the unity dude but I forgot to even test it out. So many warps these days...and just like currencies, they are kept separate!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

I've been running around on MNK soloing zone bosses in Abyssea and poo poo. Kinda depends on the boss, but several of them are quite soloable with 99 and ilevel gear. Farming dynamis currency/alexandrite is a bit tedious still, but come on guys. This is FFXI. There has to the be SOME tediousness, right? :v:

As for 2 weeks of casual to reach 99, maaaybe. Depends on just how casual we're talking. But it's pretty drat quick. And the EXP rings just got a ridiculous boost as well.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

First of all you should post your in-game name, so we can pearl you and make communication a tad easier. I'm on now as Tyranderp (/tell tyranderp whatever) and will likely be for quite a while.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Christ. I expect each key item to be for each content update though, so that bit is still slated for...november? Wonder what'll happen to currency and alex prices in between though.

Edit: Wat. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Onca_Suit

Valle fucked around with this message at 09:42 on May 14, 2015

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

I'll be at a friend's place playing board games on Friday. I'm down for whatever on Saturday and Sunday though!

Squeenix posted:

The levels at which warriors receive improved Physical Attack Bonus job traits have been changed from Lv.30/91 to Lv.30/65/91.
The levels at which warriors receive improved Physical Defense Bonus job traits have been changed from Lv.10/86 to Lv.10/45/86.
The levels at which warriors receive improved Double Attack job traits have been changed from Lv.25/76 to Lv.25/50/75/85/99.
The level-based effect bonus for the job ability Berserk has been raised from 1% to 2%.
The level-based effect bonus for the job ability Defender has been raised from 1% to 2%.

This seems like quite the buff.

Edit: FFXI updates UGH! 1hr in and I'm 10% completed. :downs:

Valle fucked around with this message at 10:13 on May 14, 2015

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Update complete! Only took...7hrs?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Stop being unmotivated. Come join the goons. A little effort never hurt anyone!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Boten Anna posted:

Oh so another thing about that Rhapsodies quest, you get a key item that's some kind of Gilgamesh letter fairly early on. This lets you bypass getting the items for the subjob quest, you can just go pick up your subjob from the quest giver. Would have been nice to know this before I went out and got them :v: Some nice JP player even just up and insisted on helping me get the magicked skull even though it's totally soloable. Oh well that one limit break quest will be easier later on I guess.

The quest also teleports you to Norg, so that's yet another obnoxious unlock that's not a problem anymore.

The only really annoying thing so far is I was able to do missions solo until I hit I think it's 2-1 where you have to sneak past a bunch of stuff that aggros to level 99s and I couldn't afford oil/powder yet, but I found something that sells for good new player money so I can go back and do that next time I play

Speaking of: oh my loving god they finally added a price history when you sell an item it only took them a loving decade holy poo poo I'm going to cry

Getting the new KI's will unlock sales from a moogle. The one in port bastok is just outside the mog house, east of the other moogles. He sells oils/powders for 500gil each. Not sure if the first KI is enough or what, but yeah.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Paladine_PSoT posted:

You can do yorcia alluvion as the book bitch with no ilvl gear and it's a fantastic way to get geared to 119 and swear at augments until you get the right ones.

how to book bitch: Sit at the book, wait for other people to kill things. you'll get a message about x number of pussiance being awarded.

Summon monsters: In the first level or two don't worry about worms, just summon 5 crabs and then colibris. Keep an eye on the marshland health, when it gets down to close to zero and you still have monsters out there attacking (you can see monster count between your side and their side in the top left) run to the marshland (follow the monsters you summon) and hit it. the last hit point can only be taken by a player. Once it's dead, wait for the conveyor to pop then tag it. That starts the next level.

In the higher levles, start with summoning 3-5 entozoons. They don't advance on the enemy but they stay at your base and protect your stronghold. Summon all crabs and the shinjin, then level the book to 2. Once it's leveled to 2, you can summon scorpions. that's really all you need, the rest of the units are crap.

If your stronghold hp drops below 40%, hit the fenstrel key in your inv and announce it to the pt.

In short, Yorcia alluvion is a MOBA where 5 players run around jungling but instead of exp they get points that can be used to spawn creeps. The 6th dude stays at book (at starting point/base) where you can spend book to spawn creeps. When enemy base is almost gone, a player has to finish it.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Unity chat just flooded with people going all "FINALLY UGH COULDN'T LOG ON FOR 3HRS" and poo poo. Apparently a lot of people have had problem since maintenance...I sat down at PC 10min after maint was scheduled to end and logged right in. Dunno wtf happened. According to chat it seemed to affect a lot of NA players and some EU.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

There is now a Peridot in your delivery box. Have fun!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Paladine_PSoT posted:

until the open chests objective comes up. Does that work for keyers in aby?

That objective works with blue chests as well btw.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Well that's easy. Take advantage of the current full FFXI with all expansions and 30 days for 9.99$ deal, and come play with goons. There's a double exp event going out the month, and the Adventurer Appreciation campaing going for the same time gives you a free exp ring with +150% bonus exp, 30k max (so for the next 20k regular exp you'll get 30k bonus). Unlimited charges, usable every 2hrs. Oh, and trusts. Those are probably not on the private server, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

lemonslol posted:

Seriously? Meaning I could get from 1-18 and subjob quest in <30 minutes?

Pretty much. The new Rhapsodies of Vana'diel has a KI you get from one of the first missions that lets you get subjob from the subjob quest person without bothering to get the drat items.