Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Ugh I wanna come back but I'm also liking 14.

What do I do!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

frodnonnag posted:

Play both!

Yeah ok.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Some really cool ones, but also some dumb ones. It's kinda lovely a few are just copies of other JAs.

The justification for the RDM one is a bit silly since it's just elemental seal with a longer recast.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Does the chest weapon with all NMs complete work for Empys? When I left I had all the Almace items, but wasn't done the NMs. As useless as it is now it would be nice to get for completion sake if I do come back.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Yeah the Skirmish runs were a lot of fun. I got so much great gear for just a nights worth of work. MNK and PLD are now capped out on it :D

I'm always down for more, it's gonna be great for leveling alts. Maybe I'll even get my BLM up to par with it. Or I can gear RDM some.

Weapon wise I also need the Polearm as a stop gap till I get something real, so I'm down for those too! Katana would be swell too for the odd times I use NIN.

That login campaign is pretty well timed for those of us that returned! Maybe I should get my WHM mule going this weekend too so she can get an item.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

The command to move a window is
wincontrol move X Y

X and Y are the absolute coordinates. 0,0 is the top left of your main monitor. So if you have 3 and want to move to the left you will need to enter a negative value.

As for cool stuff, the dev branch of windower (4.1) has a plugin called ffxidb that has a pretty slick minimap!

I ended up moving that as well since it covers a lot in the default position. It sits well right beside the main nav though.

The command to move it is
ffxivdb map pos X Y

If we can enter Salvage solo then I am def working on a Ryunohige! I'm kinda torn now if I should finish this Aegis or not... Currency could be sold for more Alex!

keep it down up there! fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Nov 27, 2013

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

If any goons are looking to make money I am currently buying Bronzepeices en mass for Aegis. I need 6139 more! So I'll buy any you get.

Also If you have login points you wanna burn I'm also buying Beastly Shanks.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

CDC wins on lower tier stuff, but Req wins on end game. From what I've read anyways, haven't tested myself yet.

My in game name is Tanag for anyone unaware.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Amazon or Steam are both fine. I have the steam version and have had no issues. You will still use PlayOnline to play the game, and it doesn't have the Steam overlays.

Just grab it on whichever is cheaper.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Yeah that will be nice. I really want to get CDC but the cost right now just isn't justified for how little I fight fodder content on PLD.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Welcome back! I knew you couldn't stay away.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Also working on a Mythic so I am def down for some semi nightly Ein.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Salvage and Dyna are really good money right now.

If you follow the Salvage guide posted earlier you can get 90-230+ Alexandrite per run depending on luck. I sell mine nightly at 12k a pop, so you are looking at 1-3mil there.

Dynamis currency is on the rise. A month ago Bynes were 3k each and most other currency was 5-6k each. Now Bynes are 6-7k and the others are 8-9k. You can get 100-300 currency each run, depending on competition (which is less these days). So you are looking at another 600k-2.7mil depending on amount and what currency drops.

1.6-6mil a day easy. Only takes 3 hours.

As Frod says fishing is also great money. I bring in 1-2mil a day there, taking 1 day off a week to fish/craft bait.

Delve is also a great money maker. Airlixer+2 sell for 800k right now. Each run nets you about 600k worth of that, so you need to do 2+ to cash out.

Reforged AF items are also decent money. Look at the wikis and see what the crafting items needed to make them are. Some items are over 1mil. These won't be as easy to farm, but you can burn seals on some easy fights for a chance at the lesser drops.

So yeah money is really easy to make these days, no need to RMT.

keep it down up there! fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 24, 2014

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Reminder for all. Login points are done this week, so be sure to spend them!

Paladine_PSoT posted:

So I finally got into Dynamis Xarcabard, figured i'd farm 2 hours or until I got my thief hands.

Got all 5 TEs, went to a nice area that I figured I could pretty much continuously pull in where there didn't appear to be any mage spawns. First mob was a kindred ninja that went straight up Allahu akbar on me. It didn't even swing its weapons at me, it just 2 hour'd and killed me before my sneak fully wore.

:sigh:

Some tips to make it easier. Right before you go, get a RR scroll and use it then grab another. They last for an hour so you can have RR for free the entire run if you use the second an hour in.

You can also do the same with Protect and Shell scrolls from Adoulin. They only last 30min though so not quite as ideal. Can also just have a friend cast these on you before ya go.

This obviously doesn't help if you get blown up right away, but do your best to proc NIN with all 5 TE to lock its 2 hour. MNK as well since they have a nasty 2H. Both are JA procs so you can spam steps and flourishes as they come up.
For SMN since they can also pop you easily, kill the avatar first. It will have to resummon it to 2 hour and you can kill the actual SMN before it has a chance to resummon.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Use Exiled Alerts. All the kings talk in /say when they aggro.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

The only sensible thing is to use them on an afterglow.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Yeah ADL is really easy now. You can kill him with a few people and don't need any Perfect Defense or 2 hours.

The real limiter is farming his pops. Odious items can be a pain if you are unlucky, even with a THF, and getting a Bijou can be especially annoying since the NMs are lottery and everyone has wide scan so they get claimed fast if its crowded.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Just so everyone knows, if you reforge any peice of relic you get the augment without doing the exp trials.

I upgraded Valor feet from just plain +2 and got the Enhanced Guardian augment.

Best part of this update is people paying 1-2mil for Griffon hides in the first few hours. They are already down to 80k with 70 on the AH.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

desudrive posted:

How are my favorite classes doing? PLD, BLU, SMN, RDM? Also I'm wondering how RUN and GEO are. Thanks!

PLD is still doing well. You need one for all the hard AA fights and the SKCNMs to hold mobs. The downside is you absolutely need Ochain and Aegis or no one is really going to take you anywhere. Ochain at the very least and you can cap MDT very easily, but you'd be much better off having both.

BLU I dont see used much. It was nice in Delve for abusing Requiescat, but that's not really the big event it was. I'm sure it's more than okay on normal fights, but I can't see anyone taking BLU to VD.

SMN is in a great spot now. We take 1 to every DM. With the new items their bloodpacks do bonkers damage and they still have great buffs.

RDM is a shadow of its former glory. It is still useful as a refresh and haste whore, but really its main benefit is Dia 2 and Phalanx.
We take them to events so it does have a use, they just aren't the gods they used to be. :( Makes me sad since I was originally a RDM main.

RUN is getting a bit better bit still meh. SE designed it as a tank and it just does not fit that role at all. Recent patches helped it a lot in the damage department so it might see support DD becomes its main roll over time. Not a huge incentive to play one now.

GEO is awesome. We again take 1 to every DM or Delve. It's buffs and debuffs are just too good to pass up. If you don't mind looking like a giant mushroom it's a good job to play.

LiquidFriend posted:

Hi guys.

8 days later and I'm still in this stupid room waiting for Gulool Ja Ja. :(

Medusa took me 28 days. See if you can beat my record!

keep it down up there! fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Feb 27, 2014

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Man I'm getting tired of everything new requiring exp to do. =/

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Valle posted:

Thanks to Jamie for fixing a loan for the last bit so I could get the drat thing done!

Now for the WS trials and the Umbral marrow and the Plutons to finally 119 it!

Grats Spharai buddy!

Let me know if you need a trial buddy. I just started Trial 1827: Amorphs x300

Can message Tanag in game. If your playtimes work out maybe we can power em all out together.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

arkma posted:

I need to ask a favor: Valseur's Ring is up on the auction house and I am dying to get that item. I won't be on for a while, so if anybody could grab that off the AH, I'll pay you back with interest. Thanks!

You buy the valseur's ring for 400,000 gil.

Shoot Tanag a tell in game tonight and I'll get it to ya.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

Is there any point in leveling rng without a REM weapon? I'm thinking of re-subbing to this awful games and it would be nice to at least be able to try some of the higher level poo poo.

It's def useable without REM but has major hate issues. You can get by if you are smart, but if you're like most DD and obsessed with your own numbers rather than winning you'll wipe the alliance and blame the tank and never get invited again.

Edit: Hell even relic RNGs do that =/

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Dr. Doji Suave posted:

Edit: Also is it because I am using the AHs out of Bastok or do items (spells, weapons and armor) sell at a glacial rate now? Crystals seem slower to sell than I remember as well.

All the AH's have been merged, spells are just less common now since less people. A lot of the content that drops spells people dont use.

Crafting is poo poo so crystals slowed down. SE has really neglected crafting the past few years :( A few still have their place due to consumables, but overall there is less incentive to craft.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Gruknor posted:

no proc, no drop

Procs are not required for currency drops. They just guarantee drops.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

The misinformation going on in this thread is wild.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Paladine_PSoT posted:

This implies you know the truth. Out with it!

It's all on the wiki page you posted the image from. You are basically right in your post except for AF.

No proc its possible to get 2 currency, though rare
TE add drop slots with the 5th guaranteeing a single drop on proc
TH does affect drops
Procs do not affect AF drops. They are their own thing. Potentially they share the base currency drop slots, not the proc slots, but I don't think so. Been a while since I did Dyna to confirm that one. I think I've seen 4 currency an AF before though.

Atonement damage being raised is pretty sick. Done your trials yet Jamie?

keep it down up there! fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 12, 2014

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

I can't believe it lasted this long.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

I guess now I can focus on getting a Shawl

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

I've been debating resubbing for the same reason. I generally don't have time to play in the summers, but the odd night when no one is around it would be fun to work on another relic or something.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Gruknor posted:

Resubbing is always a good idea. The goon ls has very few people in it that are not afk, but it is better than nothing. Dynamis currency prices are at an all time low, so now is the time to buy. Prices are going to continue to lower because the player economy is recovering from the lowering of Hakuryu. It used to be 10,000gil per fish to an npc. Now it is around 3,000 per fish.

Yeah I'll probably be back soon. Looks like Impact folded since I left (Guess they needed me that bad! haha) so Id def be on the goon shell more than I was the past year.

I made 3 relics off Haks, its sad to see it go. Though I'm not surprised. Insane SE let it last this long. Currrency doesn't seem as long as it was when I did Aegis, but it dropping in price is nice. I probably spent double making Spharai than Aegis cost me just cause of the boost from last year.

A mythic is tempting too. I got the assaults done, just need to drag some people for Ein and NI.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

It shows hidden NPCs basically. For assaults it let's you see the rune of release before you beat the zone. You can't win the zone just by clicking it but it let's you trade the mythic books and get credit.
Assaults are some of the most unique events in the game though, outside a few lame ones. I dunno why you'd wanna just cheese them.

It used to also work for vnms. You could just see them walking around like normal mobs and go rest on them perfectly. This is what I used to use it for but sadly se fixed that.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Thats over 2 years of never missing assault tags just for the assault portion. Doesn't even count the NI portion. That's some dedication right there.
450,000 Alexander too.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Condiv posted:

I was taking a break from this for awhile but decided to go try farming Azdaja horns yesterday to see how it'd go solo and it was.. not that great. I spent about 30 mins capping Amber light before I finally got a gold chest with the KI I needed to pop Azdaja. Fighting him wasn't really that bad on thf but I only got one horn from him and then spent the remaining amount of time I had trying to get another KI before I gave up for the day. Maybe people over exaggerated how easy this step was or they never tried soloing it but even though I'm getting so close to finishing Ochain this still is kinda killing my motivation. Anyone have some tips that could possibly make this a bit easier if I try to solo again?

I would try and get some help. Gaspode(THF) and I(NIN) trio'd this with a dual box healer and I did all my horns in 2 days. Killing the NM for the KI is WAY faster than farming it through chests. We had it down to a perfect kill Deelgeed, Pop Azdaja, and be ready for the next Deelgeed pop. 10 minute cycles, and it worked really well.
We didn't even both with lights and just took a few minute breather every 2 hours so we didn't burn out, retimed and went back at it.

Solo that might not be possible because of petrify, but if you can get a healer you'll be golden.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Souls were definitely awful. I ended up buying around half of mine because it was so bad. Seems a bit better now without the competition, but in Abyssea days it was extra stupid.

Abyssite NMs are one of the worst systems SE has ever come up with.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

You should be good to tank most things now. There are very few fights you NEED Aegis on. It's more so a quality of life item.

Delve 2 its a huge benefit on some NMs so you might need it there. Otherwise you are good. You can still get 50% MDT without Aegis so you're more than half way there.

Id wager the hardest non Delve 2 thing would be AA HM. His Mijin might be rough to survive on VD without it, but even then I think you'll be fine with capped MDT. It doesn't take me very low even with Aegis.

Try out some cleaving. It's pretty fun getting 1000TP in 2 seconds. :D

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Gruknor posted:

The mithra might be doable if we get three rngs. The charm and pet will be a pain, but shadowbind and lullaby from a brd should take care of that.

Just pop Fealty at 50% and charm isn't an issue.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

taels posted:

Going to resub (cancelled a month ago since I hadn't logged in since like September) due to the email. Did they ever redo sky gods for level 99 like they talked about when considering adding the 99Aa/DM?

No updates to sky gods yet. Though that would be kinda cool. 99 versions of abjuration gear would really help out the crafting community as well.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Holyshoot posted:

aren't some of the seals used for augments?

Yes. God seals and abjurations can be turned into tatters to augment the original items with Synergy. Sadly most items are out dated now, and just have niche roles at best.

I just think a sky revamp would be cool. The fights used to be really fun and with new mechanics could be great. Revamped gear for 99 would be nice. They could even try and maintain the original goal for each peice if they wanted. (Zenith nuke mitts, enfeebling crimson maks, etc)
It would also be nostalgic to see those gear models in use again, just like with the AF/AF2 now.

Sky is also just a really cool and beautiful zone. I wish I had more reasons to be there.

The biggest problem would be congestion. The gods would need a new pop system as competing for Faust and other pops would be a nightmare in modern FFXI. Not sure what the best route would be since the zone isn't designed for BCNMs/instances.

keep it down up there! fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Ouryu is definitely a fun fight. You guys should give it a go.

I've never gone with PLD though. 3 DD with support does the job fine. Just make sure you bring at least a MNK or THF to AOE Ouryu down once we he flies. THF does it a lot faster.

If ya ever need a filler spot for any of those fights shoot me a tell. I keep my merit KIs capped for LS events so I should always be able to go.
Id be down for Skirmish as well, but not if you're gonna cupper it. Just not my thing.

keep it down up there! fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 18, 2014