Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

It exists on the 2005 With Teeth rehearsal audio (which is worth checking out if you've never heard it before, Sunspots is on there too) which came out a couple of years ago. Real shame Perfect Drug got taken out of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

Looks like UK 2014 dates are being announced on the Zane Lowe show tonight, starts at 7pm. Hopefully not arenas this time, unless it is the full Tension show.

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

I wonder if big-rear end production tour followed by co-headline amphitheatre with minimal production tour to regain the money spent is going to be a thing now. This is the second time he's done it.

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

Photex posted:

well if it worked the first time then I don't see why not.

Oh I'm not complaining.

Well, I am, because I'd like to see the full production show at least once without having to fly to the states. The production for the smaller club shows wasn't scaled up and looked awful in the European arenas last time around, which is why I'm skipping this time, especially considering it's not cheap. I think the UK gigs cost around the US costs for Tension, and the production just isn't worth it.

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

Percy Teatwillow posted:

Back cover for Add Violence. Trent keeps saying there are clues hidden in the artwork and "EST TERMINATE EVENT - 2022" is a pretty loving huge Year Zero reference.

Mentions Presence at the top too.

Maybe the TV show will finally come out, now Trent's an Oscar winner he can probably pull some more strings.

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

Sir Lemming posted:

Another new song, "This Isn't The Place"
https://youtu.be/_g8nAqDu3gI

Reminds me of one of the slower, more brooding Niggy Tardust tracks.

Another Year Zero reference with the Cedocore box at the bottom.

I like the song. Couldn't stand HM so I'm glad he's releasing stuff I like again.

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

polyester concept posted:

I've been wondering too - has Trent parted ways with Rob Sheridan? He was such an integral part of NIN's presence (heh) for such a long time but I don't think he's been involved at all since before Hesitation Marks.

His twitter bio says "formerly of htda/nin" so yeah, looks like it. He mentions the break in this interview: http://warp.la/editoriales/from-the-mag-rob-sheridan-art-is-resistance-2

I don't think they fell out, I think Rob just burnt out and wanted to do something else by the looks of it. He mentions the Tension tour being difficult so I'm guessing that's what caused it.

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

I liked North in Jubilee. It must have been a come down though coming from a massive arena tour with NIN to playing to an audience of literally 5 when I saw them.

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

The Big Word posted:

I was 16 when YZ hit and the thing that made me go "huh, maybe NIN is worth looking into" was seeing a bunch of posts on digg (!) about the ARG, and how part of the marketing was them "leaking" new songs on USB drives left in bathrooms at gigs.

At that point I'd heard stuff like The Hand That Feeds and Closer but hearing My Violent Heart for the first time in the run up to the album's release was a real holy gently caress moment for me.

When MVH came out it was back when most file hosters were horribly limited so I uploaded the mp3 to my personal website so people could access it.
For some reason, the link to the song on my site was the one that got submitted to Digg and it hit the top of the site. I had people for weeks e-mailing me and going through my files and trying to guess my password as my stupid personal website MUST have been part of the ARG.

Good times.

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

GuavaMoment posted:

Didn't Trent or someone literally come out and say please stop bothering the owner of https://www.myviolentheart.com as they had nothing to do with the ARG? Did they do the same for you? Link's dead now looks like but it used to be someone's personal webpage.

No, it wasn't as bad as that person got.

Trent did call me a loving idiot over on ETS though for saying I didn't like Chris Vrenna's drum sound :allears:

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

Rageaholic posted:

It's pretty loving good! I don't know if it's soundboard, but it sure sounds close.

They're listed as IEM Feeds on ninlive.com - not 100% sure if that's true (most monitor feeds sound horrible unless you really like one instrument) but they're definitely a direct feed from somewhere.

All three New Orleans gigs have the recordings and are under this tour on ninlive.com - https://ninlive.com/archives/2018.html

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

spookygonk posted:

Caught that tour in London and Gary Numan came out for Metal and then Cars. Place, naturally, went mental.

Did the crowd know who Jane's Addiction were down there? I was at the Manchester show and no-one cared about them, pissing them off to the point of ending early and just not finishing their setlist.

Could be because the sound was awful. Manchester Arena is usually a decent venue but NIN sounded off that night as well.

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I remember talking to Trent on echoing the sound forum. Lmao. He always had meltdowns in there. true poster

He called me a "loving idiot" because I said I preferred Josh Freese's drum sound over Chris Vrenna once. It was in some like, small thread there were only three regular posters in as well which makes it even funnier because he must have spent a good amount of time just reading random stuff. It's like how TDS took so long to record because he kept playing Doom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

Carpet posted:

I'm thinking at least two Bowie covers are due tonight in Brixton. Now I've got the bug for seeing this band multiple times I feel like I'm missing out not getting down there, but that's probably just as well with these travel complications.

That's why I didn't go to Manchester, but someone added Get Down, Make Love into We're In This Together on setlist.fm mid-show when I checked which gave me pretty big remorse until it got removed. I think the last time they played WITT outside of the AIR gig was last time they played the Apollo? That was the last time they played With Teeth as well with Trent sounding happy to drop that one.