Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

IUG posted:

It's me, the person who wants more HTDA.

I wouldn't complain.

Since Tapeworm is never gonna see the light of day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

obeyasia posted:

I goofed it up the first time. These are enamel metal (nickel i think) pins. I just wanted one for me, but you can't order a single pin so I got 50? It's about 1" in size.

I think if I do $10 + shipping I can make my money back. Shipping is $3.50 CONUS because i sent my friend one today.

I'd be down for one.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Sir Lemming posted:

TIL that none of the Ghosts albums are on streaming.

A minor setback. Gonna listen to the hell out of these when the site is back up...

Supposed to be up tonight.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

axelblaze posted:

He's up to five kids? Holy hell, did he become Catholic?

Mariqueen IS Filipino, so... maybe?

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

obeyasia posted:

I am annoyed with Richard Patrick because he keeps perpetuating that "Piggy" is about him; a story literally no one else has corroborated.
'Weird flex, bro.'

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Pretty good posted:

"Oliver North did nothing wrong" - Trent 'I <3 Oil' Reznor

Year Zero ARG took a real weird turn...

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

I would bet that Fincher and the Mouse having deadlines prevent Fragile-style multi-year fuckin' around sessions.

...and I have a pet theory that Trent probably takes every opportunity to go into the studio to get away from the kids.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

It seems like it would be, but in some interviews with him and Atticus, I seem to recall that they were in separate studio rooms that were next to each other, so they were still able to (sorta) work the way they were used to. Though that would be an amazing power move if that was still Casa Reznor and Atticus had to deal with it.

I thought there was an interview about the Watchmen soundtrack that Trent said he was happiest in the studio that lead me to believe that he was trying to escape the brood, but I haven't been able to find it again in my idle searches, but it has also shown aside from how much material he has cranked out, he has done a shitload of interviews in addition.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Depending on what album cycle that was, the fruit house was likely 2-3 residences ago. There was a house of his on the market in 2015 and a couple years back there was some kind of lawsuit involving the house he was renting that would have been after he got married and had at least a couple kids. I can only imagine how big of a house he would need for five kids, at least one professional-level studio, and storage for enough gear to not be frustrating.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Gotta get dat Tony!

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

It is just a quick bop up from LA to make a guest appearance in HEALTH's set.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Special Exotic Birds/Option 30 set.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

What's ol' Alessandro been up to?:

https://www.engadget.com/alessandro-cortini-scuro-chiaro-make-noise-strega-synthesizer-130053995.html

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

From what I have heard about it, I can't wait to hear about Trent playing with one for an entire week and making one loop or something but IT IS SO GOOD.

Did he get an Apprehension Engine but then didn't even know where to begin with it and it was just sitting in like a hallway or something? Maybe when Charlie Clouser said something along those lines when he was asked what he thought about it?...

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Not as a dig on Rob, but of all the members, he would be by far the easiest of members to replace.

Hell, maybe he would come back for for a new HTDA session as I can't imagine the cycle on that would be as long as a NIN project.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

I'm pretty sure he didn't play anything, just did visuals/graphic design/etc. That being said, it isn't impossible that he could have been controlling light cues from stage and miming playing a synth or something. I think in the episode of Tomorrow We Die! he did, they talk about how he was a weird guest in that he doesn't actually play any instruments, but knows the touring life well (and was a childhood friend of one of the hosts).

It wasn't uncommon for Trent to throw people up on stage to fill things out. It is even a bit of an art director tradition! 'Talpas also appeared briefly in an early live NIN performance lineup. According to Trent Reznor, they "needed an extra body" on stage. Even though he didn't know how to play the keyboard, they had him mime playing it. '

e: That is pretty much exactly what he was doing. 'The live setup includes highly immersive visual effects to work with the music, manipulated live by Rob Sheridan from the stage.'

Robert Facepalmer fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 15, 2021

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

...awwww yeah, Strobelight Vol. 2!

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

A Nine Inch Nailz (e.g. Gorillaz-esque) collab album would be awesome but does Trent like enough people to make something like that these days?

And if he wants to collaborate, why not collaborate with his wife and give us HTDA2

I feel like he has kinda mellowed out over the years, so having a bunch of people doesn't seem as unreasonable as back when he told Robert Patrick he'd be better off delivering pizzas. Doubt he would work with Uncle Al again, but who knows?

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

At this point, Tapeworm might actually be reasonable now. All the label fuckery that was supposedly one of the reasons why it never came to fruition doesn't matter now that everything is owned by like three conglomerates.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Again, now that Trent is older and seems more mellow, I feel that a project like Tapeworm is more likely to happen in that maaaaaybe he can let things go a little and stuff that isn't quite as perfect as he wants them to be can be released.

Depending on what roster you are looking at, it likely doesn't scratch the surface of the people that were rumored to be working on it. Pretty much every mid-90s alt rock person was said to be contributing to it at one time or another.

Anselmo is probably the one of the least surprising contributors as he did vocals for Trendkill at Nothing, and for as many side projects as he as done, laying some tracks to burn tape probably wasn't much of an ask. As to what the lyrical content could have been, the mind boggles...

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

I guess Trent can put up with Uncle Al these days. At least for a weekend.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

hatelull posted:

NIN are awesome. I love their cover of Johnny Cash's HURT
Yup, Trent is postin' again.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Arizona

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

I remember not liking it. It felt like someone who had been assigned a project of writing about 'Pretty Hate Machine' and did a deep dive into the Readers Guide to Periodic Literature.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Island Nation posted:

Kojima really wants a Oscar, doesn't he?

This is how they get the Tony.

'Metal Gear! A weapon to surpass Metal Gear! Meeeeeeeh! Taaaaaaaaaal! Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaar!'

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Some of his kids are old enough to be into skating.

:smilie that gets old and crumbles into dust: (why the gently caress can't I find that one?)

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Carpet posted:

Yeah the collaboration with Welcome Skateboards is some skateboards and clothing.

Gotta listen to your big time
hard line
bad luck
kick flip

Balthazar needs braces...

I wonder what the edition sizes on those were because most everything was sold the gently caress out by the time I saw the store page. I think there were like two deck styles left but all the clothing was out.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

No stage show? Gonna be hard to get that EGOT at this point, unless the are cool with a EGOCMA

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

'i hurt myself... TOOOOO-DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!(big finish, close curtains)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

I am wondering what the synth version of the Hello Kitty Strat is that they were too embarrassed to be seen using.

I'm not as familiar with that kind of gear, so the only thing I can think of is some clapped out Casio like you would have got for Christmas in 1988 from Radio Shack.