Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Silly Troika, Geodude goes in caves, Grimer goes in sewers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

citybeatnik posted:

The Garou thought that they had slaughtered them all during the War of Rage, but they actually retreated in to the Deep Umbra, protected by their thick fur. There they wait, growing their numbers and plotting their vengeance.

The First Change is caused by a werellama spitting in your face.

I have an image of a Bone Gnawer werellama riding around in his General Lee totem-car and it is too glorious for words.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Okay, gently caress the LP, this thread is now a collaborative effort to write a splatbook for werellamas.

It would not be the weirdest thing to come out for WoD.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
A vampire mobster flick would indeed be great, but only if it was a cross between Johnny Dangerously and Dracula: Dead and Loving It. And Gary Oldman would have to be in it somewhere.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
The lore posts are my favorite part of these threads. Cybernetic space wizards, hobo werewolves riding around in magical General Lee totems, luchador nosferatu, and robot angels targeting the minions of a surprisingly benevolent Lucifer -- man, WoD was pretty damned awesome. :allears:

Except for Changeling: The NO, gently caress YOU DAD!ening. That poo poo sounds awful regardless of the old or new generation.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Cythereal posted:

First session was some vampires kidnapping the President.

Why has Hollywood never used this premise? It's beautiful in its simplicity.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Cythereal posted:

My players seriously considered letting the president die. It's the World of Darkness, so in 2008 Sarah Palin was elected president. :v:

I literally shivered IRL. That's the most disgusting thing I've witnessed in a WoD game, and I've seen the Nazi blood rapist vampire picture.

So how well do Mages get along with Prometheans? I mean, Technocrats make robots, some Prometheans were robots, what's the overlap? I'm not asking because I want Megaman and Robocop to team up and shoot fairies and elves in their stupid whiny faces, honest.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Cythereal posted:

They don't. Prometheans are strictly a nWoD thing, and the mage chatter has been all oWoD.

D'oh. Sorry about that, but can you blame a guy for wanting to imagine magical scientists and Pinnochio-cyborgs teaming up to murder whiny fairy tale rejects?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Malkavians always do everything in the most awesome way, intentionally or no, so yes, I agree with this completely.

They'd attach wheels, a bedsheet, and a desk fan to it, and "sail" out of the mansion screaming about the land-boat sarcophalypse.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
He is full of answers and blood. Drain one, then the other.

Also, I'm struck by how well the faces are modeled in this game. LaCroix in particular loving nails the "attractive, smug bastard" aesthetic to a T.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

mauman posted:

What did he do for a Tremere so that he/her would be willing to teach Thaumaturgy? :stare:

"You teach me Blood Magic, I don't cave your skull in with a socket wrench and leave you to watch the sunrise."

And true to his word, he didn't. He caved the in Tremere's skull with a a tire iron instead.

Stroth posted:

Stopped lighting him on fire most likely.

"Ah, quitcher bitchin', you're just a lil' smokey, you'll be fine tomorrow night. So I'll ask you again: HOW DO I THROW BLOODY FIREBALLS? Kerosene ain't free, y'know. and I got a lot of things that need burnin'."

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

ShadowCatboy posted:

Goddamn I just binged through this thread in the last couple weeks. I really do miss VtM, and would looove to see more computer games made with it. Hell I was just going over some of the clanbooks and started thinking about running a game sometime (though I have zero experience in WW material). Though frankly I just want to be able to run a libertarian Nosferatu who charges the coterie to steal bitcoins through shreckNET and stealing wallets stored on USBs.

That being said, I can't believe I hadn't figured out one of the little mysteries in the game until now: the REAL reason why all the Kindred, Kuei-Jin, and even Grünfeld Bach in the city are feeling this disturbing sense of doom and gloom. Daddy's in town.

P.S. Can you please post the conversation where you shred Chunk's sense of self-worth?

My sister recently picked up a stealth-action vampire game called Dark that's full of references to Bloodlines, even mentioning a pair of "twins" that run a nightclub. It's basically just a terrible Bloodlines clone with a higher focus on dodgy stealth mechanics and abilities from V:tM with the serial numbers filed off.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
D -- Strauss There are worse allies to have than an immortal blood wizard who likes you. LaCroix is pants-on-head retarded to screw his most valuable lackey after everything that's happened, and no longer deserves the title of President of the Edward Fanclub.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
The Voerman sisters are actually Alistair Grout's alter-ego. She/he/they are Melissa's true sire, they've been messaging her via email, and they also make a little money on the side as Deb on the radio.

And then the camera pans back and the entire thing is Cain looking into a snowglobe.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Robindaybird posted:

Feel like letting you save Heather misses the entire point of the character: Ghouling isn't lovey-dovey happy relationships, it's a relationship between an addict and their dealer

Hey now, let's not generalize. Sometimes it's a relationship between a mad scientist and his horribly mutated test subject(s).

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
The Sheriff is a shaved sasquatch. He is also Grout.

Everyone is Grout. Grouts all the way down.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Angry Lobster posted:

Saulot is the greatest troll of all time.

You mean he's a loving Changeling as well? He loving deserved diablerization! :argh:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

TheMcD posted:

What's the insurance policy in case Nines hadn't interfered?

Grout takes off his Smiling Jack mask and announces that LaCroix shaved a weregorilla and forced him to carry around a replica buster sword. Malkav takes the opportunity to awaken from his eons-long torpor to manifest balloons in LA -- billions of them.

Inside those balloons? Rats.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Rockopolis posted:

Why bother with the sleeper agent stuff? :ocelot: Why not just lie?

Because the only thing vampires love more than blood and existential angst is circuitous, complex plans that operate on bizarre moon-logic.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
After reading that, all I can say is

REMEMBER THE ALAMUT!

Chief Sitting-Baali won in the end it seems

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Puns. They were puns.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Grout is the taxi driver.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
There needs to be a comic book about a vampire xenomorph. Like, a facehugger infects a Kindred or something, and Caine notices and he's all like, "gently caress yes, this will be hilarious."

And then LaCroix tries to diablerize it and runs away screaming because the acid hurt his mouth or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
This LP left you like a naked baby in the woods, how 'bout that? Someone shoulda' showed you the ropes, kiddo.

At least we'll always have Mel Gibson's Haunted Blowjob Mansion.

• Locked thread