Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

gatz posted:

Celerity with guns? Explain your playstyle to me a little more.

With celerity, your guns speed up with you. So you can fire a whole lot of bullets, very quickly, and keep away from enemies. Toreador also get auspex which is "press button for more gun damage."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

gatz posted:

If I was aware of that when I did a playthrough as a Torreador specializing in ranged weapons and auspex before starting the LP, I would have had it a lot easier.

Yeah, celerity is basically The Matrix source game that never was.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Tehan posted:

What I'm hearing here is that Ghostbusters is a plausible MtA campaign.

It's a great Technocracy campaign. The sinister mage cabal has been riling up New York and convincing the populace that ghosts are a real thing with small scale manifestations and natural hysteria, so the local amalgam turns their own tactics against them with "cutting edge ghost busting technology". It was the NWO guy who decided to make few bucks off the headache and stay in the black.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Slashers like Gimble are crazy and usually stronger than they have any right to be, but he's still just human and gets creamed pretty quickly in game.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

TheMcD posted:

That fight is the first boss fight in the main quest, right? Gimble was only part of a sidequest and is fairly easy, but the first boss you're required to go up against is one tough motherfucker. I think - it could have been the second one you fight, too.

I think he means the one in Knox's sidequest.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Sword Hunter Gil posted:

No. The mass enlightenment of the human spirit into what may or may not be collective supergodhood via the manipulation of money and the concept of money as an underpinning definition of reality and thus the Consensus is the Syndicate's theoretical endgame.

More practically most of them are huge jerks who want to get richer.

With very slight modification, this describes all the technocratic conventions.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

They want to explore all of Space and Dimensional plains and establish them as colonies much like we did when Europe found the Americas.

Also shoot Nephandi/Threat Null with lasers.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

anglachel posted:

Really enjoying this. Oh someone mentioned Nines not being someone you could trust per the Oracle. Well.....

When it's time to make your choice about how to finally side with, remember that Nine's is on a couch asking you for help while trying to get himself back together from a million points of aggravated he took from going toe to toe with a certain monster.

Mercurio fits this too.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

Which is hilarious considering that they're the goddamn Hermetic (Mark Rein-Hagen ripped this poo poo off directly from the Golden Dawn) blood mages who spend their time trying to climb the pyramid of Vampire Amway.

Wasn't it ripped off from Ars Magica?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

MaskedHuzzah posted:

Couldn't you use Dominate 1 & 2 - Trance & Brainwipe - to cover stealth sections instead of murder? I thought I remembered doing that during my Ventrue play-through.

If this were tabletop honestly the only thing the guards would remember is making eye contact with a well-dressed woman. Venture are scary.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

citybeatnik posted:

That last bit might be true, because the ghosts of the folks murdered by the Horizon are haunting the city. As in vengeful spirits of the dead coming back to avenge themselves on the nearest target.

If there's that many angry ghosts around, the local Geists are gonna be pissed.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I honestly don't get how people get lost in the sewers. They're labeled!

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Cometchaser posted:

What the hell is up with Samantha's proportions in this picture? It looks like someone enabled Goldeneye's DK mode. Her head is wider than her body.

When they say it's an early source build, they mean an early source build. Plus she's leaning forward.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

gatz posted:

We'll just have to find out. ;)

Help me understand this:

Should I dispute the claim? I don't really do this youtube stuff very much. Who in the world is XMediaDigitalAggregator?

So, X-media is a Russian youtube partner and pseudo umbrella group that is known for being trigger happy when trying to "protect" the LPers that produce for them. You are being hit by an automated system. You could try to dispute the claim and end run to someone at Google. Also, bug X-media and try to get them to reverse their claim, although who knows how that will work.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Glazius posted:

So nobody ever tells the thin-bloods anything? They're just left to screw up and nearly expose vampires and get killed for it?

Nobody ever tells anybody anything.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I get how much he puts into this game, like, whole entire sets of first person wavy-hand animations for disciplines, but some of it really disrupts the flow (like aforementioned hand animations stopping me from spamming blood magic.) It wouldn't be a problem if I didn't like half of the stuff in the plus patch and dislike the other half.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The Technocracy may need to model their magic as Enlightened Science (and they do, all their stuff works on some kind of scientific principle, however much they cheat) but there's nothing stopping a techno that's been thrown out an airlock from using some of the experimental telekinetic techniques that the neurology team have been working on. It's just something that's not done often. In fact, a Technocrat probably has a number of ill-defined low profile devices that can be hand-waved into all sorts of "non-locality effector field" bullshit implanted in his body. They'd just trigger paradox if a normal, un-Enlightened citizen saw them, unlike his super-gun or scanner drones.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Wanderer posted:

There are colonies and chantries all over the solar system that are populated largely by mages, their families, and their allies, most of whom are Sons of Ether or Void Engineers. Unfortunately, once you go live in space, you're trading the dangers of Paradox and human society for occasional raids by the Nephandi, Marauders and various Deep Umbral critters, which means you're now playing a bizarre hybrid of SPACE: 1999 and Call of Cthulhu.

There's also the Copernicus Research Station, or the COP, which is a functioning Dyson Sphere in the Deep Umbra. The Technocracy would like people to believe they built it. They found it, and have no idea who or what caused it to exist.

The COP is a popular place for Progenitor experiments, since there's no Paradox and very little gravity. You get all sorts of cool evolutionary adaptations that way.

Post Anima Storm, a lot of those far-away sanctuaries were destroyed or cut off from the rest of humanity. That's why the leadership of the Technocracy are gone, and it's why the Void Engineers have grounded everyone else and are incredibly overworked fighting Threat Null.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Arcade Rabbit posted:

So what's so bad about the Changeling Protagonists?

They engage in horrible psychological torture of innocent people on a regular basis, just to start.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

It's worth mentioning that without their rear end in a top hat bosses around, the earthbound Technocracy are on the whole much cooler dudes now.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The book could have been written at a later date; historians use place names contemporary to themselves all the time.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

GuyUpNorth posted:

Mad Scientist: the Game.

Genius is "I wanted to be a good-guy technomancer in NWoD": the game.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

In NWoD the business world is mostly supernatural free, if only because the humans keep assassinating them all.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

There should be a Rosa Roundup at some point, just to show how many of her predictions have come true.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

You wouldn't have to get below the blast, just far enough away from it. Enough Celerity and you could pick out a nearby rooftop to aim for.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

You really have to admire all the work Jack put into this stuff. People wouldn't normally freak out about an old sarcophagus being turned up, but it ends up surrounded by a bunch of guys who look like they were killed by a vampire, because they were, and looking like it was opened from the inside, because that's where Jack was. Then he filled it full of C4 and swam ashore. Maybe took a boat, he's a pirate. Then he just waits for the lucky winner to blow himself to pieces, which they're going to do because they can all sense Caine and think it's a 3rd gen.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Kulkasha posted:

So is there a specific term/race for vampires that only feed on other vampires, aside from the andedeluvians? I'm thinking something like the hinge-jaws from Blade 2.

It's not really in the mechanics for OWoD, just a thing that is in the setting. It's a consequence of a high power stat in NWoD, but they don't look any different.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Jack's smart enough to create a fake antedeluvian and set the city at its own throat, he could write some chess-themed emails.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The Malk PC is almost always lucid. It's not their fault that no-one else can hear all the people yelling advice at them.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

That thing took me all of a minute to put in matrix form and then rref. Anyone who tells you to apply the long form of Cramer's is a loving moron. Which I would expect out of the forums that produced this highly polished turd.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

God, this mod is just "You know the worst part of Bloodlines? Well here's a whole game of it!"

I mean, unless you're playing with celerity. Then it's the Matrix game that never happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

And with a mighty effort, TheMcD levels off the top of the mountain and leaves the boulder behind.

I am -- but should not be -- truly amazed and astonished by this turd. God, imagine how much high-fiving there must have been before the inevitable drama implosion.

• Locked thread