Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
I loved your Redemption LP, so I'll be following this one closely! I say we go with a female Gangrel called Belle because I'm in a bit of a Disney mood at the moment.

If you manage to beat the curse of this game, it'd be great if you could follow up with a Malk run to show off just how much detail they put into the silly dialogue. You know you're looking at dedication when they write what's almost an entire separate game just for one clan. If only they'd had the time to put that much work into the second half of the game...

quote:

I will not be accepting votes for playing as a nosferatu.
What really annoyed me about the Nos in this game is that they don't even try to hide their disfigurement. A Nosferatu going unnoticed on the streets thanks to an all-concealing coat and hat is one thing; a Nos casually strolling around in a leather gimp outfit is just plain silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

insanityv2 posted:

Yeah. 3 dots of obfuscation gave you Mask of a Thousand Faces.

Would have been cool to have in the game but basically impossible to implement. There's already so, so much dialogue in this game especially with the 7 playable clans.

Still, they could have handled it better than have everyone just ignore your face. Maybe let you learn it as a plot-point partway through the game, which would then unlock the side-missions which needed you to speak with mortals?

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Didn't Hannah have a diary in her safe? I might be misremembering, but I'm sure there's something to read about how she and Paul got together.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

gatz posted:

Of course there is no guarantee she would have been any more helpful than my current crop of test subjects - Mewling wretches! Few could be called 'enthusiastic' - Given the nature of the tests, I cannot expect the same fervor from all, but a modicum of cooperation would be appreciated - Animals. The one called 'John' went so far as to gnaw off his arm and escape into the floorboards like some feral rodent. I still hear him scurrying about at night, he must be making an atrocious mess in there.

I always thought that John should have been Stanley Gimble, but there's no real indication that this is so. I guess self-arm-removal is just fashionable in the World of Darkness.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

TheMcD posted:

Deb - Kindred or Kine?

Now there's an interesting theory. She could well be a Kindred - running interference on all the crazies who want to expose vampires is a valuable job, and a secure (albeit minor) position of status for a young Kindred who isn't ready to try making a serious power play. In general you can pretty much guarantee that someone is behind all the local media, ready to quash masquerade breaches before they happen.

Getting into outright speculation, I'm gonna guess that she's a Nos: Later on we'll meet Imalia, who has never gotten over the fact that she isn't beautiful anymore. Deb might have been turned into a monstrosity, but her voice is as alluring as ever - so radio might be a tempting job, no?

steinrokkan posted:

I'll say human just because I find the idea of "hey look, literally every other person is a loving vampire, isn't it exciting" very off-putting.

This is the World of Darkness, literally every other person really is a loving vampire. Or a ghoul. Or a mage. Or a werewolf. Or a... you get the idea.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Kill him! We almost broke a fingernail when he threw the car at us!

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Strauss is a more valuable ally than Isaac. Kill it.

gatz posted:

The second is initiating a new one:

This library quest is arguably WESP's biggest addition to the game. Arranged from left-over assets, this quest takes us to an entirely new area in Downtown. I bet you can't guess where.

New content is always interesting... but given that this seems to be WESP's idea of how an erudite scholar would write, I can't say I have high hopes for how it'll turn out.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

wiegieman posted:

The Technocracy may need to model their magic as Enlightened Science (and they do, all their stuff works on some kind of scientific principle, however much they cheat) but there's nothing stopping a techno that's been thrown out an airlock from using some of the experimental telekinetic techniques that the neurology team have been working on. It's just something that's not done often. In fact, a Technocrat probably has a number of ill-defined low profile devices that can be hand-waved into all sorts of "non-locality effector field" bullshit implanted in his body. They'd just trigger paradox if a normal, un-Enlightened citizen saw them, unlike his super-gun or scanner drones.

Every Technocrat in a tight spot turns into MacGyver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

DeusExMachinima posted:

Just had a thought, what if Bach wasn't lying about what he saw in Grout's mansion? He wouldn't have any reason to lie in his own private journal. If neither he or Melissa did the staking, who did? Or did Grout fake his death? Those chess emails are suitably Malkavian. :tinfoil:

Of course Grout faked his death... but that's only the beginning. A vampire of Grout's power can't stay hidden for long, unless he has a perfect hiding place. A cover identity. A new person to become. Grout used his Malkavian affinity for misdirection to create the perfect smokescreen... a cover so deep that even he wouldn't know it was false, and ideally situated to spy on his enemies and orchestrate a new rise to power.

Grout is Melissa.

• Locked thread