Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
As someone completely unfamiliar with this game (and really, WoD in general) I have to say I'm quite enjoying this thread. And Rasputin being a Mary Sue makes me giggle. What exactly is his involvement with Gehenna, if anybody feels like dumping more lore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013

Tehan posted:

:wtc:

Holy poo poo. That's somehow worse than the guy who got turned into an ash tray. If it wasn't for the whole "7x damage reflection" thing Caine's got going on, could Rasputin conceivably go head to head with him?

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013

Feinne posted:

The Head of Vecna is still funnier, though.

Without going into elaborate detail it was a fake artifact someone came up with as an elaborate joke that got a significant percentage of the victims to decapitate themselves in an effort to replace their head with what turned out to be an entirely ordinary rotting head.

Please go into elaborate detail :allears:

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
I pulled out Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin for a few hours today and it got me thinking about this thread. Are there any canonical instances of regular-rear end people killing powerful vampires?

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
Welp, the LP finally convinced me to break down and get this on Steam and I must say, more games need abilities like Celerity! :ocelot::drac:

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013

TheMcD posted:

Celerity is one of those special powers that first comes off as "hm, I wonder what that is..." and ends up as "HOLY FUCKBALLS THIS IS THE BEST POWER EVER". Domination just can't compare.

Let's talk about lore for a second regarding Celerity. Can it be toggled on and off just like in the game or is it just stuck on all the time? The idea of living forever while everyone else is in slow motion seems more terrifying than anything else.

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
Welp, now I know why everybody hates those sewers. Is there a mod or something out there that makes that section more enjoyable, or at least less awful to go through? :smith:

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013

I'm playing an unarmed Brujah. It still blows :smithicide:

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
Plus Patch 9.0 for anybody interested!

http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/4647/61625

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
e: beaten

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013

GrimRevenant posted:

They’re hilarious if you’re Gangrel. :gibs:

Everything in the game is hilarious as a Gangrel! I mean, other than the bug where if you activate Protean 5 and get hit while you're transforming you freeze in place and can't do a drat thing. And Romero's graveyard quest. And a timed survival segment at the end of the game.

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
Serial killer. Not because it's the right thing to do, but because the next story mission is the worst part of the game and pumping XP into Fortitude before you do it can make it marginally less painful!

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
Finish him.

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
VV freaks out at you if you use guns to kill Chastity. I don't remember the exact wording, but the gist of it is that you were way too loud. Neat little addition I found out about on my Firearms Toreador run!

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
I'm playing the Final Nights mod and the Baali are overpowered as poo poo. No idea if their clan bonus stacks with Saulocept yet, haven't gotten that far! For those of you who haven't played it, the Baali get an innate +1 bonus to all XP gained in quantities of 3 or more. The tradeoff is that their humanity rating caps out at 6. It doesn't sound that bad, but losing humanity is much easier to do in FN and you're pretty much boned as far as raising it back up goes if it dips under 5. Unless you feel like putting your newfound XP to a good cause :getin:

fake edit: Can we talk a little bit about the Baali? I'm interested specifically in how they play into Gehenna. The apocalypse seems like the kind of thing they'd be down with

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013

OAquinas posted:

Yeah. "Eeeeeevil demonic vampires" works well in the church-dominant dark ages, but it loses a bit of punch in the Modern Nights. They shift in Revised to everyone being a blood-stealing member of the Damned, and its how you deal with it that defines you. So the Baali fell to the wayside--its harder to do personal horror stories when you have "well, that guy just diced up a baby and followed it up by kicking a puppy--how bad could I possibly be?"

The lore reason is that the inquisition hit them hard and where they lived. Their numbers were thinned to a bare minimum, and to the extent that they exist currently they're doing their damnedest (ha!) to stay in the background and work behind the scenes. So if you wanted to run into one you could--and they'd be very, very, bad news. But for most they'll never have to worry about a run-in with the infernal.

There's a quest in FN only available to Baali PCs that involves posing as a Tremere for your own personal safety. Apparently the Tremere are less hated than the Baali, which made me giggle a bit.

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
Gargoyles don't sound like the kind of thing anybody would want hanging around. Kill it.

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013

gatz posted:

Strauss told us that only blunt weapons will do the trick, so I'd be relying on our sledgehammer. Is that what you mean?

Or fists :haw:

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013

Tiggum posted:

I found the final boss fights harder, but that depends on which ending you choose.

Nope. Depending on whether a certain somebody survives up to that point, you can unlock a superweapon that turns those fights into baby poo poo. The sewers are infinitely worse.

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
And now the worst part of the game is behind us! There aren't any rewards for fighting everything, by the way. No items or bonus XP or even lore!

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
Yo, Wesp's 9.2 Patch is up. It's mostly just minor bug fixes, but apparently he restored some missing dialogues?

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
Side with Strauss. He still owes us for the gargoyle.

Deb - I like to believe she's just a jaded radio host who's heard it all and she is completely 100% non-supernatural.
The Voermans - The twins aren't really twins at all. Therese was an only child who was molested by her father and Jeanette was an imaginary friend she invented to cope. Therese shot her father, got thrown in an asylum, and at some point got embraced by a Malkavian. And then for some stupid reason she commissions a painting of herself, Jeanette, and Daddy Voerman and hangs it in her office at the club.
Sire - Dusted.
Friend - I imagined it was just Mitnick loving with you the entire game. Seems like something he'd do \:v:/

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013

TheMcD posted:

So, let's talk about one of the final bosses, shall we? This bitch is tough. Really loving tough. Right off the bat, I try the Dragon's Breath and the flamethrower. Results are negative, they don't deal a lot of damage. That's a problem, because the flamethrower is your "get the gently caress out of jail right now before you get murdered" card, and if it doesn't work when you need it, you're in trouble.

Look at this guy who isn't playing a Toreador with maxed Firearms, Perception, Presence, and Auspex :mmmhmm:

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
Wonderful LP, wonderful thread. I got the game on Steam a while ago thanks to this LP, in fact! On a related note, the long-delayed Antitribu mod drops next week.

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if you had to deal with sewer monsters in the mansion at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
I renounce this mod.

• Locked thread