Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Kill it

Blood mages in your pocket is always a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

I remember this one...

I thought it was poorly planned out, and badly voice acted.

but hey....a free sword and machine gun made me happy that I did it. And that's what really matters....

right?

maybe? :shepicide:

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

sooooooooo

You're playing ranged and you don't have the anaconda? :stare:

Or do you just not have enough money? :ohdear:

Either way, glad to see that:

A: This lp ain't dead...er...undead?...er...screw it.

B: Somebody else agrees with me that this is the point that ranged starts over taking melee.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

I'm just going to come out and say it.

I enjoyed the sewer level

What the hell is wrong with me.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

FlocksOfMice posted:

Isn't that Nosferatu supposed to die and turn into the skeleton with the keycard?

Wesp....all comes down to Wesp.

Don't remember which patch it was, but being able to save him was added a while back.

Not that it does much, but considering the other "fanfiction" sections added that might be a blessing in disguise.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Curious as to why you bought the katana.

Isn't the broadsword that you got from that oh so awesome (now with 20% less sarcasm) library level almost (if not equal) as good as the katana?

Granted, it's a katana, but that would have saved you some dough, you know?

mauman fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 14, 2014

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Cythereal posted:

IIRC, Ming-Xiao is also one of the conversations where a Malk can freak someone the gently caress out by knowing things they really aren't supposed to know.

And that is by far one of the best reasons to play a Malk in this game (which is quite an achievement considering Malks are already awesome).

Wiping that condescending look off her face, if only for a moment, was amazing.

Also, love the china town music.

mauman fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Nov 18, 2014

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

UrbicaMortis posted:

Man, now I really want a vampire mobster film.

John Landis film called Innocent Blood did that.

Though not in a Goodfellas sort of way.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

This is the ONE location where all the girls aren't bisexual. Any attempt to woo the ladies (as a lady) will be shut down and have negative consequences, purple text be damned.

Of course this was done for obvious reasons (being that the Giovanni REALLY look down on that kind of stuff).

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

double nine posted:

I wish there was more of that, honestly. Or at least make the # of male-to-male seduction opportunities the same # as the female-to-female opportunities. As it is, running around in female bisexual land is ... weird.

Eh....I'm not particularly a fan of "everybody is bi" in general. It cheapens characters in my opinion. This applies to the whole "all females are bi - except ones that belong to the creepy Italian family" thing too.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Tiggum posted:

"Everyone is bisexual" is pretty dumb, but it's somewhat reasonable as a way to make sure all the content is available regardless of the player character's sex, but it's unusually common for it to only apply one way, women are bisexual, men are straight, and that's obviously done mostly to appeal to teenage boys rather than for the sake of making the player character's sex irrelevant.

I disagree. I dislike Entitlement/Pandering in games. Like I said it (in my opinion) cheapens characters, and I approach games with the intent to see strong characters and story. And I don't find it even remotely reasonable.

Regardless, you're entitled to your opinion and I respect that. I just don't feel the same way period.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Tiggum posted:

You must face a lot of disappointment.

I try to remain positive.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

What did he do for a Tremere so that he/her would be willing to teach Thaumaturgy? :stare:

mauman fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Dec 28, 2014

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

I'm going to guess that you're going to show off all the endings, but allow us to vote for which one we decree as the "true" ending (which will most likely be shown first)?

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Fellow Neonates, we are Ventrue. It is our obligation to uphold the Masquerade, and the best chance goes with those that have the best resources. I speak of the Camarilla of course.

However....

The Prince has failed us all. He has proven to be a traitor and has brought shame to our Clan name. As such, I propose that we go to the one person of power in the Camarilla that we know, and while we may not fully trust, has given us no reason not to yet. Indeed, he has given us much in the ways of magic and information. Resources worth more than gold.

I say we go to D - Strauss

mauman fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Dec 31, 2014

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Essentially because Nines, while well meaning, is ultimately using you (just like everybody else, except the two mentioned by Rosa).

Nines really is the prince of the Anarchs (despite how he would HATE that comparison). He plays the political game just as much as all of the other players.

It really is that simple.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

team overhead smash posted:

Nines might get involved in Kindred politics, but there's a big difference in approach between him and the other and he doesn't use you.

He's open about his intentions and gets people to follow him out of choice rather than through threats or trickery. He leads the anarchs because the anarchs look to him to lead, not because he's old enough that it's his turn or because he was given an eight foot tall completely obedient Sheriff to kill anyone that disobeys him.

That's one way to look at it I guess.

I disagree, but whatever :)

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

DeusExMachinima posted:

WESP allows us to save Heather from the Sabbat by joining Andrei beforehand? McD, please let us see this branch, unless that's the only way to join. It'll be gold either way. But I've been getting the impression you can join after the hotel assault too. Are there one or two chances to join the Sabbat?

Actually, WESP allows you to save Heather period. If you don't join the Sabbat, you can just tell her to remain indoors and not leave at some point. You don't get the body armor, but you do get to keep your ghoul.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

GuyUpNorth posted:

While :spergin: on ghouls, do they inherit any traits from their domitor? Knox mentions something about rash, Malkavian Heather goes somewhat crazy and Romero is seemingly good shot (as presumably Isaac's ghoul). Is that aspect of VtM proper, and how intense is it?

Malk Heather is actually rather adorable in a crazy wacko sort of way.

"I went fishing for you master"

"hmmmmmm, fish"

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Please tell me you're going to show off the "special" cabby dialogue?

Intentionally being vague here.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

I'm amazed nobody took a jackhammer to the drat coffin yet.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Actually, I was thinking of the Society of Leopold really. And replace Jackhammer with "A really really really big bomb".

For everybody else, yeah I kinda figured.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Omobono posted:

They never had the Sarcophagus if I recall correctly, they had the professor. And a really, really big bomb is not that useful for getting information out of an human, especially if said human doesn't know the info you want.

Lacroix would totally try prying open the sarcophagus by force, the dumb princeling isn't exactly subtle, but only if he was desperate. At the moment, he still believes he can resolve the stalemate in his favour and recover the key.

Oh yeah....derp :downs:

My new job is turning my brain into mush

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

TheMcD posted:

Because :effort:. They simply seem to not give a poo poo. They had the MMO idea, and that's all they wanted the IP for. It didn't work, so welp.

It did however make them decide to go after and shut down a (in progress) free game based on Vampire.

Cuz screw you fans :downs:

And I used to think that CCP (monocle aside) was a pretty decent company :(

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Considering we have seen everything of the cabbie which we are going to see, I don't expect so.

We haven't seen the special chat yet. I would err on the side of caution.

TheMcD posted:

Yeah, that'll come in the post-postgame, when the question of "who is the cabbie" is discussed. It's probably best to bring it up there.

Yup

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Oh good God, that was totally unnecessary.

And wrong. SO wrong.

mauman fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 13, 2015

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

TheRagamuffin posted:

I'm actually a little sad I voted for the gently caress everything ending now. The Camarilla/Raiders of the Lost Ark ending is pretty rad, and I'd never seen it before.

Yeah, Strauss gives the coolest endings.....and havens.....and he's just cool.

I always liked him.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Ephemeron posted:

I am not certain that Strauss knows how to send an email.

If I recall correctly, one of the computers in the game strongly hints that he plays the WoD's equivalent to World of Warcraft.

Fittingly enough he plays an undead warlock.

I bet he knows how send an email.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

There are MANY things wrong with that last show of content, but surprisingly enough, Fat Larry's placement ain't one of them.

That was Fat Larry's original placement, WESP moved him closer to Confession.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

McD, as far as I'm concerned, you're doing God's Caine's work.

Carry on you mad man.

I can't believe I almost downloaded this monstrosity at one point.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Good to see this lp back in action.

I can't help but feel that this mod would be a hell of a lot more tolerable (despite it's other, many, many warts) if they toned the difficulty down just a notch. Some of the stuff actually looks ok, if poorly thought out.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Poil posted:

It hurts just to read about it. :psyduck:

:sympathy:

I have to wonder why they went with Misti being a Tran.

I'm not saying neigh or yay on that subject (not a can of worms I want to open).

I'm just wondering what the thought process was that led up to it.

Outside of that small note - holy hell did the hunters get an armory upgrade!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Your suffering gives me joy.

Carry on.

• Locked thread