Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

habeasdorkus posted:

You are correct! I was also misspelling Stalybridge. I'm just glad that these days I know how to pronounce Wigan. I always used to call it Why-gan.

Living next to Wigan, it always makes me chuckle when people do this :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

(Reluctantly) Ok, you can have 2 scouts, but only if this is the end of your wild spending this season! B

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

B, for all of them!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

Championship:

Bolton had ten points deducted for going bankrupt. Sorry Bolton fan who reads this! Leeds is finally back in the Premier League, though.

:gonk: That sounds scarily loving accurate given recent news...

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

sebzilla posted:

One of the three English football teams with a swear word in their name, along with Arsenal and loving Chelsea.

I believe the joke in fact goes Scunthorpe, Arsenal and Manchester loving United :colbert:

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

AJ_Impy posted:

Not since Moyes took over.

Still is in this part of the world :colbert:

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

BBBC, and take a Three year contract, with a 10% pay rise. No doubt you'll come back to us demanding even more money in a year or so...

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

I know they're still solidly mid-table in the Championship (which I'd settle for in RL!), but how are Bolton doing after their bankruptcy last season? I'm picturing a squad of 18 year olds and has-beens, there's no way they'll have many high-earners left, right?

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

Bolton's wages actually aren't that bad, they still have a dozen or so players earning over 500k a year, but only one guy earning over a million.

Oh, who's that? At a guess it'd be Holden or Lee (equivalents, while we're on fake names I guess.)

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Sky Shadowing posted:

Seven. Seven players.

Welcome, everyone, to the Championship, and the soul-crushing beatdowns it can provide at times.

Try living it irl... :smith:

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

(Unlucky) 13 Players

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

dadgummit posted:

On the other end of the spectrum, it has been endlessly entertaining to take the piss out of my brothers and friends who are Wolves fans because haha your team is in loving League One

This.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

Says the Bolton fan.

They should have signed Tebow!

As a Bolton fan and a Jets fan, your words wound me sir!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Ferrosol posted:

:thejoke: I don't mind it being called poo poo I just want it called poo poo for the right reasons :britain:

Cheating in a league cup final?

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

VOTE 1: Wage/Transfer Budget

B) (Assertively) Whilst we understand the need not to embarrass ourselves, the likelihood is we won't be staying in this league for long. Continue to buy and develop youth, and we will progress to a premier league level naturally. (Budget set at £18,200,000 a year, or £350,000 a per week)

VOTE 2: Feeder Club

C) (Calmly) Our best prospect of future success is developing our outstanding youth prospects. (Look for a domestic feeder club where we can send young players without a spot in the first team for further development)

VOTE 3: Training Facilities

B) (Calmly) This seems like a wise use of our improved finances from this promotion, and an investment for the future. (Improvements made, price currently unknown but likely around £1m)

VOTE 4: Scouting Range

A) (Aggressively) You have found fantastic players and prospects already via our current policy, and I see no need to spend extraneous money on sending scouts to places which don't understand how to make a decent cup of tea. (Scouting Range remains the same)

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

I'll take a board spot now we can't beat up my actual favourite club!

Edit: Damnit!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Do Bolton still have "Stu-S-A" Stuart Holden?

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

He appears to have retired. No one matching his age, nationality, and position show up in the database, and Bolton has a midfielder who's since retired on their team when the simulation began.

Games imitating life and all that... Probably forced to retire through injury.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

cbx posted:

Don't worry. He's on my Counter-Strike team again.

Wish him well etc. Poor bloke...

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

23 and 9!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

AJ_Impy posted:

Oh, for gently caress's sake. Every bloody season! Ersatz Levy out! Er, I mean yay Wrexham.

Welcome to last season for me...

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Ferrosol posted:

I have a spare one as well if anyone wants it.

Same

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

loving semi-final disappointment AGAIN! *Grumble*

Oh, and 2, or whatever...

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

I'm convinced! B A B A

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

B

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

But then again, for teams like Bolton and, this season, Hull, the Europa League is pretty much a once in a lifetime chance to play in Europe. Hell, Bolton managed a 2-2 draw with Bayern in Munich a few years ago that is one of the high points of the club's history to this day!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

FailAtMagic posted:

TIL sport leagues in the USA are dumb and overly complicated as hell

This is what happens without promotion/relegation...

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Derek Agony posted:

I meant the real-world equivalent to Patrick Pattison, I can't think of a British manager who'd go to City and do well, maybe it's Big Sam?

An FM-overrated Tim Sherwood maybe?

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

I'm waiting on a chance to become a national team manager as well as the Wrexham boss, my deepest desire is to take over the USA and win a World Cup with them as I doubt I'll see the real life USMNT win one in the next few decades. In real life we've got a good national side that has a solid shot at making the knockout round in most World Cups, but it's clearly a step and a half below the best national sides like Germany and Brazil and still a step behind the merely excellent nations like England and Chile.

USFootballfans.txt

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

JT Jag posted:

Yeah, give a random tiny team a sugar daddy.

Like Tackleford Bolton. :getin:

I agree.

Oh, and £75mil, ABA.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

1st/2nd/3rd
Group A: Barcelona/Napoli/Basel
Group B: Schalke/Wrexham/Marseille
Group C: Bayern/Milan/Rijeka
Group D: Arsenal/Benfica/RB Salzburg
Group E: Real Madrid/PSV/Anji
Group F: Man Utd/Dortmund/Anderlecht
Group G: Juventus/Porto/Lyon
Group H: PSG/Man City/Granada

169 goals.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Zip! posted:

A minor request and feel free to disregard it if you or others don't agree but in future could you spoiler tag stuff like this?

I know it sounds stupid but I like the tension of not knowing how we're going to do ahead of time and seeing that we're fine kind of takes the wind and excitement out of things.

Are you also one of those people who avoids knowing the scores before MOTD? I know I am, when we're away (too hard to avoid scores at a football ground with the tellys everywhere).

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

I'm a season ticket holder, watch 24+ live matches a season and honestly refereeing as it is now is a huge part of the game and why it's so compelling. I can't explain it, but I would vehemently oppose adding extra refs on the pitch or stopping the clock gridiron style.

That said, I would be behind video assistance for refs in certain situations and goal line tech is awesome! Changes like that, that don't stop the flow of the game, are infinitely more welcome than flooding the pitch with errorless refbots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

Meanwhile Bolton Wanderers are back in the Premier League, while Tackleford had a strong consolidation year and should be in contention for promotion.

Finally :D !

• Locked thread