Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Yardbomb posted:

Please don't play willfully dense when this is right there.

So just so I'm clear, this is what you guys are referring to as "Paige becoming a Nazi?"

This thread right here where she tells someone to piss off? This is the big scoop?

Edit: Thread top: This doesn't look like Paige defending anyone to me. This looks like someone speaking plain. I'm pretty sure she doesn't think a bunch of people dying in a synagogue was a false flag. Cool your boots, good Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

"The guy you're defending is a straight up alt-right psycho"

"shut up you're just lying and trying to guilt me"

normal conversation

Are you honest to God trying to equate a rando twitter follower from someone who has tends of thousands of followers, walking up to them and saying "Hey you shouldn't do this" with a normal conversation?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

WampaLord posted:

She's hanging out with people who do think that and going on their podcast.

I'm looking at her post and it says she talked to him. I thought the guy everyone was concerned about was this Ralph Report guy, is it someone else?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Dias posted:

She is doing the podcast of that dude.

The Ralph Report guy? I thought she was going on the Dick Masterson show?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's not, you're an idiot and the exact same kind of fool who let poo poo like Charlottesville happen. Congrats, you're a mark.

You're an absolute melon.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Dias posted:

Dude, just take the L. You're probably not one of those assholes, but c'mon.

Sorry mate, someone directly equating me with a mass murdering white supremecist because I'm asking about a gaming Youtube and Twitch channel is pretty loving beyond the pale. It is beyond loving ludicrous. More than that, it devalues the loving term.

ZenMasterBullshit was being a supreme loving idiot, end of story.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Dias posted:

Oh, you're allowed to be personally offended, but at least consider that we weren't being paranoid SJWs and you kinda came here saying "really?"

I don't approve of the people that Paige occassionally retweets, but I'm also not going to stop being a fan of her because of that. If you seriously think that is equivalent to actual murder that is your call buddy, but to me it's bananas.

sexpig by night posted:

maybe if you didn't barge in all "UGH DO YOU IDIOTS EVEN KNOW WHAT WORDS MEAN" when we're talking about a guy who literally sent money labeled 'Abort Hebrew Babies' to charity after the worst anti-Jewish attack in America just so it'd get rejected and he could play victim...

You were describing Paige becoming a Nazi. For goodness sake, get a hold of yourselves.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Roth posted:

Really shows your priorities that you're way more concerned about remaining a fan of a youtube personality.

Allright that's about the fourth shot at my character so let's talk about me.

I grew up in a divided and sectarian country at the arse-end of a period of prolonged violence. I have spent literally the guts of my adult life in community outreach programs where I try to build bridges with the community of people who, when I was 12, broke my jaw and shattered my brothers femur in a market back-alley because our names were Irish; who's army landed military chinooks regularly unannounced in my dad's fields and conducted live fire drills, once giving him a concussion with a butt of rifle when he told them to leave. I've seen supremacy enacted at the state level; local and national governments, state police force and media, hospitals, universities, schools, all of it. I know what that looks like. Now I'm part of the next wave of people who actually try to extend hands over these divisions. I've lost friends because of it. I've lost a lover because of it. But it's worth it, and when I see people try and equivocate that to a Youtuber retweeting something she should have more sense to know about (as I myself learned here tonight), to attempt to paint someone as a Nazi for it, I have to take pause and ask questions. I've helped organize and marched in every Belfast Pride parade since the times there were only 200 people to stand in it. I marched and campaigned against the corruption in the Catholic Church in a community where that meant I wouldn't get served in certain bars. I spent my early twenties doing thankless, pro-bono outreach work all across these same areas. I'm the head of a local labour union because I believe in empowering workers, and you better believe that's affected my career. And I'm lucky enough to have a full-time career, which means I get a bit of spare time to throw around every now and then.

Watching these guys is an occasional pastime for me. Spending the last 30 minutes arguing with you folks is the most I've ever interacted with anything like a community for SuperBestFriend fans, so when posters make lazy jokes about me wanting to see a pretty girl play videogames, or that my priorities are out of skew I let it slide off me. I lose nothing by telling you guys and gals all of the above.

But maybe don't resort to lazy arguements and attacking others when you don't know their story. Maybe don't try to make cartoons out of people so you can have an easy arguement.

Now you cool cats can go and get the last word. I'd rather continue just not posting here anymore.

Nilbop fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Nov 4, 2018

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah the thing with woolie is that he struggles when he has no one to play off. He feels like a hype man who feeds off the other persons excitement and elevates it.

When he's on his own or hes regulated to staring at guides there's no real wind in his sails so to speak. Only exception being when he gets to talk about Kirby because that's one of his favorite things (even if he does get a few things wrong here and there)

He also comes off as the most stable of the trio so I don't think people stick to him when he has the other extreme personalities around. Matt over time because really thin skinned and tried to play into being a huge baby about everything (but usually came off as just ultra sensitive) and Pat is this loud bombastic attention grabbing presence because the dude has absolutely no filter and people cheer on his absurd behavior issues for comedy sake.

Meanwhile here's Woolie who's just a happy and sincere guy.

This is why my favourite LP is still Dark Souls 2. Woolie gets to be hyped and genuine and interested for the entire run, Pat gets to be the know-it-all explaining everything to him and keeping him going, their chemistry builds on itself and the LP just really goes places. There's one fight - I think it might be with the Bastille Watchers - where Woolie just breaks and chastises Pat for not giving him some leeway, and Pat responds with "I've been giving you SOOOO much leeway!" And then a few minutes later they're laughing about it.

I honestly hope him and Pat keep up the main channel as Castle Super Beast or whatever. I feel like it would be a waste otherwise and I think it'd be a good fit for them both.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

CJacobs posted:

God I hate goon hyperbole so much lol

I literally had somebody in this thread call me a Nazi like 2 weeks ago because I said it was ridiculous that everybody was calling Paige a Nazi.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

I really loving adored saltybet. That broken as gently caress jank is soooooo my poo poo

SaltyBet was cash money. I could easily watched a whole series of them putting money down.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Remember time morality/crimes?

And about 3 different arguements where he tells one of the other SBFPs "You don't know what you're talking about ^.^" to their face as they try not to smack him.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Pat's Christmas Yakuzies stream has just gone live. Peach is in attendance. Elmo is being a bitch and running about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I swear I heard sandbagging something elsewhere first but I use that a lot.
"Wha happon" and it being spelled different ways in online conversations happens a lot
"Aw he hates it! He loves it!" comes up a shocking amount
Rarely I'll end stuff subconsciously with "family... family family" if a a scene is trying to be serious and fails and uses that word.
"I can't believe that happ-oned" just matches the pikachu face that goes around
I used to say Yucking a lot when I'm trying to describe someone having a goofy dumb laugh and SBF brough that back

That's about it. Personal take is that Matt isn't all that funny a lot of the time- but he does have some really easily quotes to adopt gosh.

Yabbos and chest-beefers are also the funniest and silliest word for tits I've ever heard and I love him for bringing them to us.