Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I wear 'em without underwear because I'm dating a leg fetishist who is always willing to buy me more pairs. Plus, no panty lines, and it's nice to feel the breeze on your nethers.

This is the most personal thing I've ever posted on SA, oh god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I bought a pair of high-heeled booties today that I kind of love, but they look really dumb with my skinny jeans. Boot-cuts would cover up the cool buckles, though, so I'm just going to wear tights and leggings all winter and die of hypothermia.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Prettz posted:

why would you worry about that, that's the hottest thing, seriously

The thing is, girls dress up for other girls more than for guys. And girls are critical beyotches who don't appreciate sloppiness.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Pick posted:

I once saw another woman try to pair up two lime green things that weren't quite the same shade of lime green and I almost tackled that fool

That's kind of butch, dude. The key is to whisper to your friend while side-eying the offender.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Prettz posted:

i know that this is absolutely true. if it weren't, high heels would not exist. all guys either don't give a poo poo about them or they're like me and think they're downright unattractive.

Heels are actually a lot more comfortable for me than flats, no lie.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Pick posted:

Actually, the best one is if you're walking by talking on the phone to suddenly stop talking, drop your arm like a foot, sneer, and then resume your conversation with a shake of the head

I just keep to myself, but imagine what the folks on What Not to Wear would have to say about it.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

sebmojo posted:

does that make you really paranoid?

No, because I have good taste.

Prettz posted:

congrats on your deformed mutant feet!

Thanks! Heels also give the ol' rear end a nice boost.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

whoflungpoop posted:

^^^^^ sweet :j::hf::j:

I can't imagine that on a hot day :gonk:

Who wears nylons on a hot day?

edit: Bobby pins are also good for subtly adjusting a shirt that's a little too low-cut, always carry one or two with you.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Prettz posted:

i'm just wishing girls would wake up and start crushing the fashion industry themselves. a few times when i was at home, my mom (who has been a tv addict since before i was born) was watching some horrific model/fashion show and i almost immediately noticed that all the judges were either ultra-femmy gay guys who had absolutely no idea what was and was not attractive or sinister-looking old women who were obviously bitter and taking it all out on all young women. it's both sad and pathetic, but women seem to be really eager to buy into it, and that is also pathetic.

Maybe because clothes are fun? Gild that lily.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Prettz posted:

Fuckin' women, man...

Do you just wear a potato sack to work?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Pick posted:

Fashion is just art you wear. Don't hate art.

I see it more as architecture. I like to build outfits.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

jidohanbaiki posted:

I miss the PYF naked man thread. Most of it was very gay, but I didn't care.

I'm straight, but I'd much rather look at pictures of naked ladies than pictures of naked dudes. Naked dudes are awesome in person, though, at least most of the time.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Noblesse Obliged posted:

wait a drat minute. how did this go from the ladies thread to the fix mean thread.

so...as a lady, whats the best way to sleep naked without oozing everywhere like the goblin from that stupid ernest Halloween movie where he gives here a kiss and goes ehewewwewewew

Just sleep naked and make sure to wash your sheets on a regular basis?

I sleep in a ridiculous vintage Betty Draper nightgown, because I like to laugh at myself in the mirror.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

jidohanbaiki posted:

And I like to compare the pain of cramps to sliding a cheese grater against your uterus.

I always picture an inflated balloon being slooowly rotated inside of me.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Espy posted:

Also realtalk if you want to scare men away just start talking about woman pain
My boyfriend just asks if there's anything he can do to help. It's sweet, but I kinda just want to be left alone.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

realtalk do chicks have good friends? Do chicks experience bromance?

Yeah, absolutely. I don't even live in the same time zone as my BFF, and we're still sync'd up menstrually.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

A guy once gave me a hickey on my clit. It hurt, but I had to give him points for enthusiasm.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Espy posted:

I had to buy a new suit recently and my parents surprised me with a Calvin Klein grey number that I can wear with either a matching dress or with a blouse and pants. Makes me feel pretty powerful and it owns, especially when I got the pants on.

Calvin Klein is practically the only brand that's cut long enough for me without having to go into tall sizes. I love the man.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Pick posted:

hottest woman on TV is still Lucy Liu

She's not on TV anymore, but I live in the same neighborhood as the actress who played Kima on The Wire, and see her all the time. I would probably let her do unspeakable things to me, but whenever we've actually talked I've just played it cool :smith:

She told me I was pretty though, and it made my year.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Slightly buzzed on a nice Monastrell.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Ugh, why are boys still reading this thread? I thought we'd consecrated it with nice guy tears and the blood of our wombs.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Stray nipple hairs?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I like the occasional margarita, but only if I'm eating Mexican food.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I have short, curly henna'd hair that looks like a flapper bob when I brush it and a prize-winning Jewfro if I don't. Argan oil changed my life.

I liked having long hair, but I never knew what to do with it. It's much easier this way, and I haven't had to unclog the shower drain since I got it cut.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Pick posted:

I thought Argan oil would be dumb poo poo like all the other dumb poo poo I'm supposed to use to "nourish" my hair, but son of a gun it's not bad.

The key is to put it on right after you've towel-dried your hair. It's supposed to be great for your skin as well, but I haven't tried that

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Shithouse Dave posted:

I've been growing mine out for 2 years and I've only just started wearing it loose instead of in ponytails and buns all the time and holy poo poo my hairs are loving everywhere. I shed more than my cat :(

When I had long hair, I shed so much that I ultimately broke my vacuum. I have a LOT of hair.

Al Borland posted:

Does having your nail break really hurt? It never made sense to me seeing as it doesn't have any nerves.

Depends on where the break is. If it's below the quick, it hurts like a bitch. It's more a pain in the rear end, because if you break a nail you have to file all the others down to match.

Speaking of nails, does anyone else have trouble keeping polish on for more than a day? I keep my nails pretty short and always use base- and topcoats, but I always, always get chips really fast.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Women's Rights? posted:

What kind of top coat and base coat are you using? If you want cheapo drugstore stuff, Revlon multicare base coat holds on pretty well. For slightly better quality, China Glaze sticky adhesion base coat does a good job. For top coat I'm a Seche Vite fan, but some people have shrinkage issues with it.

Also are you wrapping the tips with the polish and top coat? That'll stop like a poo poo ton of chips from occurring.

Come to the nail polish thread in YLLS, all the ladies are nice and before you know it you'll be topping 300 bottles and wondering what happened to your life...

Essie for both, and I do wrap the tips. I've heard that body chemistry plays a part in how polish adheres... though like others in this thread, pedicures last forever on me, so maybe I'm just banging my hands around more than I think I am.

I do lurk the polish thread, but that thread moves fast. Everyone does seem super nice, though!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I play the balalaika(badly). Which I guess is hot if you have a thing for Russian peasants.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

OMGVBFLOL posted:

i wouldn't mind having a laser studio write the words "party" and "naked" in the hair on my left and right buttcheeks, but I have a feeling thats not the sort of thing you mean

If you have enough body hair that you could conceivably write words with it, I don't think you're ever truly naked.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Shoes, bags and jewelry are my biggest weaknesses. I live right around the corner from possibly God's own Good Will, and it's kind of a problem, but I just can't resist. Just yesterday I got a pair of b.o.c booties and a Perlina handbag (the leather is so wonderfully soft) for a total of 12 bucks.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Prettz posted:

literally no one on earth except other girls realize you even have these things. in other words, no one cares. so why do you do it?

Because we care about them? You look good, you feel good

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Speaking of shoes, have any of you had any luck with stretching leather at home? I have a pair of riding boots that are super lovely, but the shaft is just a liiittle bit tight. Does the hairdryer method actually work, or am I better off going to a professional?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

How do we feel about shorts over tights?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Corn Thongs posted:

i've seen it cute, but i can't pull it off. I feel like a child.

Yeah, I kinda felt the same way. Especially when I did it with boots, I felt like I was wearing a really lame superhero costume.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

A Spider Covets posted:

ugh i know it's just ridiculous. we should quit

I don't know about you, but it's kinda making me want to prove my worth to him.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I'm in Baltimore, it can jump from 15F to 60F from one day to the next in the winter. The summers are constant sweltering death, though.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

Baltimore has some nice parts but is mostly a pit

Eh, The Wire was great but it wasn't a documentary. It's not a bad place to live, and it's pretty cheap. I rent a duplex in a gorgeous old building in a good neighborhood for 800/mo.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

i don't care for baltimore because of the times i visited, not because of the wire

no offense meant. It might be the kind of city that just has to grow on you

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Last night the boyfriend and I hung out with some friends for a bit, and I heard one of the absolute worst things ever. A friend of their's had gone into the hospital to have an ovarian cyst removed. It was pretty big, so they had decided to just remove the while ovary. Couple nights later, the girl's home and wakes up screaming in the middle of the night. She went to the hospital, got a scan, and it turns out that THE DOCTORS HAD REMOVED THE WRONG OVARY. They removed the other one, and now she's 26, infertile, and will probably have health problems for the rest of her life. Good lord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Suzuki Method posted:

holy poo poo can't you lawsuit for that?!?!??!?
From what they said, she's in the process of doing so. Money hardly makes up for it, though

• Locked thread