Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
i got a pair of black milk leggings for half price off ebay, they're pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

dogsupremacy posted:

ya it look good on that guy but with light blonde hair + blue eyes it would look weird as heck

I want it to be marketed to men though with like some bears or race cars or some poo poo if im gonna buy it

nah my emo high school boyfriend was aryan as heck and he looked gorgeous with a bit of eyeliner

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
also if you insist on not shaving your pits wet a cotton ball with lavender oil and dab it all over your pits, this kills the bacteria that makes you stink when you sweat

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Cuckoo posted:

Shave. It's fast and easy, especially with a good razor.

yeah, get one of those razors men shave their faces with. womens disposable razors are total poo poo and more likely to give you nicks

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Noblesse Obliged posted:

wait a drat minute. how did this go from the ladies thread to the fix mean thread.

so...as a lady, whats the best way to sleep naked without oozing everywhere like the goblin from that stupid ernest Halloween movie where he gives here a kiss and goes ehewewwewewew

girl where are you oozing from

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
being bi is pretty rad because men are useless and i can just go off solids for a few years and still have mondo sex

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
i bought a rabbit but i have sex with men so rarely that i'm still too tight for it. worst 70 bux i ever spent

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
jessica lange forever

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
so i just finished all my work and it's nearly 5pm. i'm going to a gig tonight but the band won't be going onstage until 9:30. start drinking now y/n?

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Angela Christine posted:

Fake. The correct answer is "curvy goonette".

also 'vapid oval office' :bigtran:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Photosynaesthesias posted:

If you're ever in the southwest look up when the local Taco and/or Tequila Festival is because generally you pay like $8 and get free Tacos and Tequila all day long.

:catstare: that is amazing we never get anything like that in australia. you'd have to pay like $200 for the equivalent here

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Prettz posted:

using your toys to do anal on your guy friend...

what's your opinion, ladies? (assume he loves it)

sure, with a condom on it

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
I think mine is gillette, it's got three or four blades and I haven't skinned myself once using it, and I don't get shaving rash on my delicates!

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
WELL LA-DEE-DAH FANCY LADY

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
you bitches are so intolerant. i'm making a dress right now which is like a rad neutral cream and taupe and robin's egg blue geometic chiffon print with epaulets made entirely out of white feathers and it is fabulous

also i dye my tips lilac because i'm growing out some bleach. my natural hair colour is ash blonde and i look incredible with my ombre hair :colbert:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Corn Thongs posted:

It might be because we know we're outnumbered a little bit here

plus anyone who remembers the lf 'autonomous' women's thread pretty much knows that trying to keep blokes out of women's threads on sa is fighting a losing battle

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Gravitee posted:

I wish I could wear cute shoes. Unfortunately I have a falling down problem.

chelsea boots and flat brogues are often quite chic and cute. i also have a soft spot for extremely pointy-toed black leather patent flats, but i haven't found a pair i love/can afford yet

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
argh i love pink tips, i should do that before all my bleached hair is gone. i used to dye all my hair pink because i went through a seriously dykey phase when i came out (like, bright pink self-cut hair, a cross between a mullet, bowl cut and pixie cut), and when the colour faded to a pastel is was just lovely.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Corn Thongs posted:

I want to start sewing my own clothes. Is it hard to do

it depends, really. you need heaps of patience, especially if youve never really sewn before. i started when i was about 14 (i'm 25 now), and i've only just started to be able to design and draft my own patterns decently for the past two and a half years, and i still have a long way to go until i could confidently design, draft and make a legit flawless gown or coat or something. my embroidery, for example, it is terrible, and my beading is only marginally better.

if you have a baby around who belongs to you or a friend or a family member i really recommend cutting your teeth (HHUUUUURRRRRR) on baby clothes because they're pretty shapeless, small and easy, and you can practice different techniques and stitches on smaller amounts of yardage so it's far cheaper than making yourself an unwearable dress. simplicity patterns are the easiest for a beginner i think, vogue 'easy' patterns are more moderate i think.

my favourite modern sewing book is gertie's new book for better sewing. you get 13 patterns which range from an easy portrait blouse to a fully lined skirt suit and full-skirted coat-dress. the patterns are really retro, so if that's not your style that's cool, and there's no trouser pattern so that's annoying. but she has a shitload of advice in there about seam finishes, supplies which are good and what they're for, couture sewing tips, and tips on how to alter patterns

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Pick posted:

My hair goes from my natural warm blonde down to a very, very light frosty pink over the course of about a meter. My hair is great :cool:.

do the animals try to eat your hair if it's in a ponytail :3:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Pick posted:

i once let like ten adult manduca chill on my head like all day

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
OH ALSO when you start sewing stick to cotton. when i was 15 i tried to make myself a SEXYTIGHT formal (prom i guess?) dress for myself out of black satin and chiffon and it was the biggest disaster of my life

e: lol it was all synthetic as well, thank christ my mum took pity on me the week before the formal and took me to buy a sweet tutu dress from one of those cheapo teen dress shops

Fruity Gordo fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Nov 14, 2013

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
yes but how do you feel about cats crasscrab this is important

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
ok cool you can stay if you're a bit more subtle with your weird flirting

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
this was a post, but it is no more

Fruity Gordo fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 14, 2013

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
anime is poop, ten billion points from slytherin

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Rilae posted:

Thanks for the answers. I had missed all that, so I was wondering. I also missed the other thread you mentioned, so I snipped out my post, thanks for the heads up.

no wangers sisterfriend!

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Chiba City Blues posted:

I found that even though my skin is super sensitive to everything (I have an allergic reaction to the rivets on my cheap dorm chair and can't use even hypoallergenic or aluminum free solid deodorant), I've never had razorburn. i think i'm lucky :)

drat. have you ever tried a deodorant crystal? they sell them in health food shops, they're pretty cool. i have no idea what they are but they're natural and odourless and they don't stop perspiration but they stop smells, they're so weird. my usual advice for people who don't want to use aluminium deodorants is to dab your pits with lavender oil but i don't know how well undiluted lavender oil would go down on sensitive skin

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

i dont get why ladies fuss over their hair so much. as a man i just shave my hair off once a year and then let it grow back naturally. it looks amazing 100% of the time and i always get complements. ya'll should try it

you cant make mad big teased shapes with a buzzcut, NO THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Prettz posted:

don't dye your hair, retard

whoa wow look at all these poo poo wrong posts itt. i am shocked they all come from manposters :smugbert:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

don't worry, your red title took care of it
oooooooooooooooooooh GURL

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
EXCUSE ME LADIES, ME AND MAH DILZNIK HAVE THINGS TO SAY ABUT UR HURZ

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
has anyone tried the manic panic bleach stuff? i kinda wanna keep my purple tips as my hair grows out, it's about at my mid back now and i want to go to a couple of inches above my waist, and i only have about three inches of bleached hair left. that seems like the mildest bleach but i've been abusing my hair for so long that maybe i should just let it be :(

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
when people do things like bleach their anus i have to wonder what their pre-sex rituals are to make the experience as sterile as possible, like a douche and an enema beforehand, tweezing of any stray hairs, etc

ain't nobody got time for that poo poo

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

I wish I could sew my own suit, or even a sport coat, but that's basically a lifetime comitment to learning the craft. Much respect and jealousy to any woman who crafts her own clothes.

men's clothes are harder than women's, especially a suit (so. much. tailoring. :psyduck:), but if you're into it it's kind of a pleasure to make time for it and learn. i've been sewing for a decade, drafting for two years, and it'll take probably another decade for me to master couture techniques and be able to do good menswear and immaculate coats, but that's only like twenty years of hobbyism, so not a whole lifetime. a shitload of fashion designers couldn't make their own clothes; lagerfeld can't, valentino couldn't. coco chanel could, because she was fabulous as all women are. fashion design is the creative end and being a seamstress is far more technical. if you're into puzzles, making your own clothes is a lot like solving one. there's a lot of geometry and being able to follow visual clues in pattern-matching and stuff involved. i like it because concentrating on tasks i've done a million times before really calms me down and lets me veg out. and then you get this crazy thing that is just for you that no one's ever done before and you can take care of it and keep it forever. feels good man

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Miltank posted:

Yeah the woman is about to come into a lot of money. Not that it even matters anymore, god that is such a lovely thing to have happen.

yeah, it's loving horrible. i'm sure that the surgeon, attending nurses, techs and other doctors involved feel like absolute poo poo too, but that's not going to undo what happened. i feel so bad for her and all the other women this has likely happened to, jesus christ :(

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
buy her a fur coat then immediately splash red paint on her and call her a murderer

neg her, is what i mean

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
oooh actually go to a garden center and buy her an african violet plant. they survive really well inside near a window and if you take care of it you'll have lovely purple flowers all year round

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
i'm super duper loving lazy when it comes to make-up, so i really like maybelline superstay, the kind with the colour on one end and balm on the other. i put it on in the morning and i maybe have to touch up the colour 6 hours later, it's awesome. you just put some of the balm on top if your lips feel a bit dry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Crow Jane posted:

How does one do this? I have a pair of Cole Haan riding boots that look amazing, but feel like medieval torture devices.

two pairs of socks and a hairdryer. for serious, i've done it with heeled boots and docs

• Locked thread