Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Lawlicaust posted:

We need more ps4 warframe goons. I keep running into the same two or three pubs on the outer planets and they are absolutely awful. Like maybe 10% of the groups damage bad.

I just sent crowbear a PM requesting clan admission. This game is fun as hell, I loved mass effect's multiplayer and this is like a way more in depth version of that. I still probably suck as much as your average pubbie, though! Also I'm a huge loser who threw real money at this game just so I could unlock teleporting space ninja man right off the bat. Still, the microtransactions in this are already a billion times better than mass effects' "well this could be the sweet new character you want, or hey it could be the twentieth loving upgrade for a weapon you never use. Good luck!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I just got through earth and am trying to farm up some morphics for a latron, would repeatedly smacking vor in his fat face be the easiest way at this point?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Thanks again for the farming help crowbear, also for letting me tag along on those harder missions. One of these days I'll learn not to die in a horrible laser/ lightning related incident.

...probably gonna be a while though.

Also trying to get my mic working, ps4 has keyboard support but you still have to go through the option and social menu to type as far as I can tell, which is a pain in the rear end.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Looking for a reinvite to the ps4 clan if there's room, I was inactive for a long while due to lag/nat issues but have a (slightly) better connection now and have been playing again. PSN ID same as my name here.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I have a maxed flow on my volt, which says it increase max energy by 150%. When I equip it, my max energy goes from 150 to 300, which is only a 100% bump. I'm assuming there's something in the way the boost is calculated that I'm missing?

I love how byzantine this game can still be despite the many many improvements over the years

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Something I think would be cool re:custom warframes (in a pipe dream kind of way) would be allowing us to switch heads around between warframes, the head taking with it the first ability (or passive) of its native warframe. It would allow for a whole new level of variety in both builds and appearances without requiring too much in the way of new asset creation, just a bunch of balancing.

They could add some goofy quest about getting beheaded or something too (which seems to happen to my mesa sometimes during missions anyways)

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Zereth posted:

is Inaros any good? I remembered to go visit Baro while he's here and i had enough to buy the blueprint for the quest for Inaros after liquidating my spare Prime blueprints.

I mean, I bought it already, I just don't have many warframe slots here.

I don't have him, but I remember people in this very thread saying he was one of the best frames in game when he first came out. Not sure if that still holds true.

also re: explosive weapons, hikous with concealed explosives are fun

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

is the ps4 clan still active? I've been an on again/off again member over the years but have been playing this a lot lately and would like to get back in if possible. its seriously impressive (and confusing) the amount of new mechanics since last I played a few years ago

anyways, psn is Anthrovore. and how do you play as Clem

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

hazardousmouse posted:

There's only one or two goons online at a Time, typically. That said, all the research available is done so if you're ok with deathly silent fallen clans, then we can bring you aboard

that sounds like my jam, I mostly play solo anyways. Thanks!

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

i got my first riven in game...and the first challenge requires me to have my archwing launcher, ofc

so even if it's dead I'd like an invite to the ps4 clan if possible, as opposed to joining some random pubbies... PSN is Anthrovore

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

hazardousmouse posted:

I invited you last night, definitely the corpus

oh poo poo my bad, i thought the clan was called LLJK or something else. Thanks!

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

is there a way to cheese the protea fight? this xoris mechanic is driving me nuts. throwing the glaive feels so weird on controller

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

i have a riven that wants me to get 36 mercy kills in a row without an alarm....i can barely even do two in a row thanks to the fact that it's a different button than melee and by the time the prompt has popped up i've usually already killed the enemy with another melee attack. do stealth crits count?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Thanks for the help guys! I have an Ivara so I may just go the sleep arrow route. I also have a melee crit focused Banshee i really like but i don't think silence allows finishers does it?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

i dont suppose any ps4 goons have a spare tipedo prime handle laying around? i have a feeling its gonna be a long time before i run across one

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Pipski posted:

I do, and you're welcome to have it. I'll be on in a few hours from now, after work.

you are awesome! I'll probably be hopping in and out of the game this afternoon, PSN is anthrovore.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

i think i lucked out and got a sahasa kubrow on my first attempt, the energy orbs that it finds with Dig makes me not even really want to use anything else

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

*standing on top of a box, gassing wave after wave of enscripted clones with zakti prime*
operator: we fought with honor

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

huge shoutout to Pipski, who not only gave me the tipedo prime handle i needed to satisfy the humorless wierdos of hexis but also a bunch of other stuff besides, including a full set of mirage prime blueprints completely unbidden, no doubt inspired by my pitiful appearance in a scrub mirage.

i had just been lamenting the fact she wasn't in the drop tables anymore and also recently picked up prism guard from nightwave, so I was genuinely kind of touched by it, dumb as it sounds. goons continue to be excellent.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

have they said when nightwave season 3 is ending? also, does nightwave on consoles lag behind a few weeks from PC as with other things?

im at rank 24 and really want to hit 30 before it ends

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Zereth posted:

If you have nothing else to do this week and really just sit down and do it, you should be able to hit rank 30 from zero this week. six ranks is not a problem.

yea i managed to gain like 3 or 4 ranks yesterday by banging out recovered weeklies, but rn all the recovered acts I have are either stuff thats a hassle (orokin vaults), that i dont have access to yet (ropalalyst) or just plain frightens me (im scared of my kuva lich who has a viral drakgoon) :ohdear:

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

speaking of gauss that new graxx skin is fuckin sweeeet. honestly the dude who does the graxx skins does a particularly awesome job

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Tallgeese posted:

Speaking of, I will be going on vacation for a few weeks after tomorrow. I know there's one person I need to give something, but if the rest of you want something, that's your time limit!

this is only for pc goons, right?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

i finally got a ps5 and it seems like the console thread is dead- anyone know what the procedure is for (re)joining LLJK?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Captainicus posted:

I've been grinding away at rotation C rewards for void cascade for aeolak/hespar parts by doing a couple of runs a day and it is most unfortunate that despite void cascade being a required quest mission in order to get to the zariman... 9/10 players I join don't know how it works. I have to cleanse every single exolizer myself, even when they are in two groups 200m apart. A little frustrating.

To be fair, warframe is pretty infamous for not explaining mission mechanics like at all

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Lol so now I need 30 more loving eidolon shards after finally grinding out 20....

Is it even any more efficient to do tridolon than just doing Tera runs over and over? I seem to recall the hydralyst taking a long time to down

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Nov 7, 2022

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

temple posted:

but how many are himbo wolf men (that make me horny)?

lookit this guy who isnt horny for the wolf of saturn six

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Volt is just a great all rounder. What's a good ability to replace his 1 with?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Why, why, WHY the gently caress is the drop rate for Kubrow elemental mods so insanely low?? Combined with the fact that hyenas only seem to spawn under certain circumstances, trying to grind any one of these out has been frustrating as gently caress and makes me wonder what possible reasoning there could be for making these pretty basic mods as rare as hens teeth.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

A Moose posted:

Yeah, kubrows don't do meaningful damage no matter what your mod setup is. Kavats can give useful buffs, and panzer vulpaphylas can apply viral procs to enemies, and sentinels can instantly restore your shields and use Verglas to do damage but I don't think kubrows have any utility aside from like, tackling 1 guy at a time or something. I just have the first one I made for the quest and I let him hang out in my ship and bought a bed and toys for him though. My wife named him Pasta.

I have the kubrow that digs stuff up (sahasa, I think?) and they dig up energy orbs pretty frequently which is nice.

E: lol ^^^^

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

hotfix theyre implenting rn is apparently adding scaling crit damage to her 4 for what thats worth

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Lunaro's a fun diversion and I wish more people played it (or that there was more incentive to do so, I guess)

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Thanks for the heads up on the twitch drops...any goons on PS willing to trade me an archon stretch for an archon intensify?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I finally got around to getting fracturing crush and man, what a game changer for mag.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Nalesh posted:

That change came with the specters requiring ammo patch.

Specters can run our of ammo now? That sucks

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Oh goddammit building a necramech requires Fortuna rep? That place feels so boring compared to the other open worlds

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Idk how meta it is but the zakti prime has always been one of my go to secondary weapons. Just now I was messing around with mirage and noticed that the darts fired by her mirror clones explode immediately on impact instead of having the normal short delay. It's a pretty nice bug feature, not sure if it extends to other weapons that involve delayed aoe?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Ok seriously gently caress Fortuna. I've had enough rep to level up forever but I only have 2/13 training debt bonds and they just won't loving drop despite running scorched earth over and over. What a stupid, frustrating rep system.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

hazardousmouse posted:

go check ticker and see if she's selling any

Holy crap I'm dumb, I completely glossed over the fact that she sold bonds. I was hoping for the classic posting rng luck but ty much!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I remember coming back to the game after a long time away shortly after the initial, mostly stationary spoiler mode was introduced and seeing someone doing it during a mission kinda blew my mind. Warframes real good at surprise "oh gently caress at some point I can do THAT?" moments.