Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Sooo, fire plus cold is blast damage. Does that mean using the cold mod on my ignis causes it to shoot explosions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
poo poo's happening, son!

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Not that I'm an expert, but I feel like the best way to gain mastery is to always be leveling something, but never be leveling everything. The first time you come up against Stalker with level 5 equipment across the board is when you know you've messed up.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

amuayse posted:

Furnace operators live in 1x1 coffin apartments (usually recently reassigned cheesemakers). Miners have a 3x3 room with bed, cabinet, and chest. Metal workers of any kind have a 5x5 room with engravings, a statue, and a private dining room.

Confirmed: Next warframe is a dwarf, or a "Dwarframe", if you prefer.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Airbursting the grenades also counts as headshots on anything unfortunate enough to be in the killzone.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Your codex also has weapons you've leveled. If it has a star, you've mastered it.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
The Raknis helmet for Nekros and the...whatever alt helmet for Valkyr don't have stats either. I want so say one of the devs said something about regretting putting stats on helmets at all.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

Wheeee posted:

Suddenly, every round is knife round.

Digging the username/post combo.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
I just like to imagine that we're actually the bad guys and the Lotus just has a huge hate-boner for everyone else. Mining facility already overrun by Infested? Blow it up anyway. Corpus repairing the solar rail system, possibly bringing affordable mass transit and commodity transport to an entire solar system? Not on my watch! Grineer trying to cut down some trees? gently caress that, poison the water supply!

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
God damnit, I just sold my Cestra and they added dual cestra.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
But....they're Corpus, Grineer, Infested, and Tenno that were corrupted and are being controlled by the Neural Sentry in the void towers... why would they look different?

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Can someone authorize the zephyr part blueprints to start? They are ready but someone with ~*~permissions~*~ has to be the one to start it.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

Terbulus posted:

I am sorry for this truly i am
http://a.pomf.se/wcfafp.swf

Hahah, this is pretty great.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
I just want to point out that Duration affects tail wind distance, not Range.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Almost done.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
I try to keep a bunch of stuff ready to go in case they drop an affinity booster on us like they did for this last event.
Most of that is crappy melee weapons.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
They also might not have it. Since it's alert only (or trade) they might not have picked it up.

Now screw you for making me defend pubbies.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Since the patch notes just say you can trade helmets and not arcane helmets specifically, does that mean that the vauban helmet is tradeable now?

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

hooah posted:

I feel like I'm not understanding melee channeling. When I have the melee weapon equipped, if I click the left mouse button, I see/hear a short effect, but nothing seems to last. I'm using a Dragon Nikana if that matters.

You have to hold left mouse to channel.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Anyone available that can start the research on the new Corpus tech polearm thing?

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

Piell posted:

Clarification: They removed stat mods from all the new helms. If you got a statted helm beforehand, you got to keep the statted version.

And they are tradeable, so check the trade channel on occasion to see if anyone is selling. That's one of the good ones, so expect to pay a decent amount for it.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
You've gotta kill 100 Arctic Eskimos on Mars. You get about 25ish per run. The reward is a 2 day affinity booster that gets applied as soon as you finish the mission.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

victrix posted:

Affinity booster?

That can't possibly be right, this has to be the Cold status event mods surely?

I had already finished when I posted that. I meant it as a warning. I've got work during the day and a new baby at home. I would have waited until the weekend if I had known what the reward was ahead of time.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
To expand on that: If I remember correctly, it calculates your final score based on some formula that uses the combined total score for the group. So if you've been running them all day and you get someone who just started, you'll get a lower score until they catch up.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
"Fixed cases where MK-1 weapons that had been acquired during the Tutorial would never gain XP."

Jeez, this plus broken mods. Poor newbies.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Can't complain about a third version of the Latron. I wonder what's different about it.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Just wanted to piggy back this and say that while the wiki for most games is absolutely terrible, the warframe wiki is very good.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Can the experience radius info and the enemy spawn mechanics info be put in the op?

I've been seeing more people playing hallway hero in defense and mobdef missions lately.

Enemies can't spawn where you can see them, so the further away from the pod/console/whatever you go, the further away they have to spawn so you get less enemies over a longer period of time.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

EroticBlacksmith posted:

Look at the bottom of the second post.

Man, I read through it but stopped at the frog picture. That covers it very well.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Could someone post pictures? I'm at work and can't access the warframe site.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Much obliged.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Sounds like you have the damaged one from the tutorial. If you're on PC, I should be on later and I've got some spares of the real deal. Flipsixthreehole in game.

efb

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Apparently Shotgun Spazz is a pot mod only drop and therefore relatively rare? I have about 15 of them.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
And nanospores......so many nanospores.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
That one irritated me because I didn't know what the reward was so I finished the event on the first day. Surprise affinity booster when I'm gonna be gone all weekend sucks.

For the love of all that is good, sweet, and pure....I just want something that gives me more than one Orokin Cell at a time. I could trade literally any other resource at a 10-1 ratio for those and still be fine on everything else.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Only if it's Danny DeVito as Frank Reynolds.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Also ask about doing Void Runs (sorta-endgame stuff) in clan chat. Most of us will happily bring a brand new player through a couple. These are good sources of xp, credits, resources, parts for some more advanced weapons. It'll help get the xp to reach rank 2 faster, and give you a jumpstart on gear later down the line.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

Nitrox posted:

I keep forgetting how awful the game looks with all glares, flares and reflections cranked up. Like someone slathered everything in Vaseline and dimmed the lights.

Sounds like prom night.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
My Kubrow were
Holland Oates
Carrier Prime
Uh Oh Omar Comin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
The reason to get your mastery higher is the same reason to do anything in an MMO or MMO-type game: to make your internet number go up.