Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
Can I get an invite to the PS4 clan? Steamshovel_Dan

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
I was going after some morphics last night and ran the mobile defense right before Nef Anyo. I got seven morphics, this has happened once before. They seem to be the way to go to get some of that annoying poo poo. The only problem is that when you're doing it with pubbies they run off and try to defend a console solo and fail the god drat mission.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
If anybody is willing to pop me into Cyath in Eris on ps4, let's be pals (Steamshovel_Dan). I need to farm up some neurodes!

Also, where the hell do you get a hornet strike mod? This thing is driving me crazy.

sent a friend request
\/\/\/

Golgozor fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 31, 2013

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Fuzz posted:

How do you not have a billion Neurodes? I have like 20 sitting around doing nothing.

Probably because I've made more guns than you!

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
So, is it just me or is there no reason to use any melee weapon beside Gallatine (barring novelty)? That's kind of sad.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
Anybody got a Hellfire mod I can bum (PS4)? It's the only elemental rifle card I haven't got yet.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Notinghamington posted:

I used to play this game for a bit on the pc when it came out but got bored, and now that it's on the ps4 I got back into it and I somehow am more engaged, I just want to play with more people so I can go to the other planets without having to rely on pubies or having myself killed in seconds. can I get an invite to the clan?

Redwell (ps4)

says given username does not exist

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
Can someone point out how to invite non clan members to your clan's dojo for trading?

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

BitBasher posted:

I haven't really done much with the PS4 beyond playing the games. I have looked in the team chat in the game but I have never seen anyone type anything there. As lame as I feel for asking this, can you give me a brief explanation of where to go?

I keep inviting you to party chat (ps4 cross game chat thingy).
We could pretend it's MAG!

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
If you have the Ogris and want easy nightmare cards, clear Eris and do the infested defenses. It's ridiculously easy.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Leyburn posted:

I asked for a PS4 clan invite a while back but haven't gotten anything yet? Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I think I am. PSN is Boycey83.

Some folks were recommending buying a sentinel with the starting platinum, but they all seem to be 75 plat and you only start with 50. What are my options, can you even earn platinum at all or do you have to buy it?

Someone invited you the first time you asked, you've not accepted it yet.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
I'm burning through Nightmare infested exterminations in Saxis (Eris) on the PS4. Send me an in game friend request (and a psn too if you want). It's terribly easy no matter what condition you get.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
Yes indeed! PS4 is now updated, yet still behind! I've been on the Checking for updates screen for ten minutes. Anyone know how long it lasts?
Also, anyone want to explain how the Cicero crisis event works?

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Operant posted:

I'm trying to pick a frame to grind for and the Valkyr looked really loving sweet but I hear there's some quality of life stuff with her claws/abilities/insanely low shields that make her kind of unfun to play. Is this still true? Otherwise thinking of building a Rhino.

EDIT: Looking back a few pages seems to be a pretty common theme that she's not that great.

She's better than the terrible pile of poo poo that is Nekros.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
So I grabbed a deathcube and leveled it up to 30 to get the trophy, got no trophy. WTF?

I have a carrier, it was already 30 when the patch came out, hence buying deathcube and leveling it up for the trophy.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Golgozor fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Feb 1, 2014

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

JayJay posted:

drat, I only played this game a few hours a few months ago. But now I am confused as hell. I logged in and whenever I click my name up top, it says im ready to be tested for the next rank. But when I click yes, it says I have to wait 24 hours. The gently caress? Should I just do some random maps instead?

I think the game treats the first tutorial thingy as a test.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Szurumbur posted:

I have a dumb question, but please bear with me: what is the best/preferred way to invite people to join your game? Sometimes I see a person on my PSN list playing Warframe and don't know what type of messages are the most prominent - is the PSN message even visible in-game, or should I go through the in-game chat and Invite or go to the Dojo, now that I've actually crafted the Key? Please advise!

Join or make a party chat with them.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

mrEkli posted:

Are there PS4 party chats for Warframe going on regularly? I never seem to see active ones in the list. Or do I have the wrong goons added?

Make one and invite the people.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
PS4 clan dudes, I threw 1700 plastids, 4245 polymer bundles, and 32,000 credits into the Phage research. It needs about 30k credits to start.
I also fully funded the jat kittag research except for the 90k credits.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Gestalt Intellect posted:

You can get 50 or more from one Kappa so that doesn't sound very good honestly. Is kappa controlled by grineer on PS4?

I have yet to get an oxium osprey to show up on Kappa. Cyath has been getting me between 15 and 20 a run.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Chocobo posted:

So the Torid is actually kind of a neat gun, everyone who told me otherwise is a jerk.

Yep, I enjoy it too. I wish it had a bigger radius on it's fart cloud hitbox. It looks big, but it's not really that big.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
Anybody on PS4 got an extra Mag Prime systems blueprint and/or seeking force mod they want to pass on? I've got an extra (or extras) of metal auger, barrel diffusion, wildfire, a ton of hellfires, focus, fortitude, master thief, streamline, stretch, and vigor.

Golgozor fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Mar 6, 2014

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Panic Attack posted:

Oh yeah- at the moment i'm using Mag. Pull is godly and I can clear a good half of a wave in defense with the right positioning, but every other ability seems to be a bit... well, totally worthless compared to a 25 cost map-ranged nuke/pull/stun. But this is early days, so what skills are going to come in handy later? Is the shield boost/drain thing good to focus on later? Crush seems kind of rubbish even with upgrades and the bullet magnet thing seems pretty bad.
tldr: Keep spamming pull or will I need to use other abilities at some point?

Bullet attractor also buffs your damage to things in it by 200%

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
WTF? Is the game broken or some poo poo on PS4? I did a tower II capture and got nothing prime, just a tower III capture key. I also did Phorid 3 times in a row on Pluto and got no Nyx parts, and neither did the people with me.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Big Floppy posted:

PS4 newbies: Don't be afraid to ask in clan chat or join a voice chat and ask for assistance. If you see any infested invasions and want to unlock a planet/node ask. I took a few today to get the infested invasion area today as well. If you see any helms or other blueprints that you need from alerts ask. Most of us will have the spot unlocked or close enough to get it as well. Most of us are going to be doing them for the cash and other rewards as well and don't mind having other clan members tag along for the ride/help.

Also, send in game (and PS4) friend requests to other clan members!

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

seiferguy posted:

So kappa is supposed to be the oxium haven? I just did a run and didn't get a single bit of oxium :smith: in fact, my runs on mobile defenses have been lovely for oxium gathering.

Like the man said, I've yet to see an Oxium Osprey spawn on Kappa. Do Xini and Cyath.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
On PS4 the update is out, I've fully funded marelok research, grinlok just needs some ferrite which I am low on.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
PS4 dudes, let's run this event.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Pierson posted:

It will be interesting to see how melee 2.0 deals witht the glaive and it's heavier, more forgotten brother the Kestral.

Kestrel is the only melee weapon I've put a catalyst in.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
Anybody on PS4 got an extra iron phoenix or crimson dervish they would trade? I have an extra fracturing wind, reaping spiral, and whatever the machete stance is.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
Any PS4 crew on this afternoon and tonight, I plan on running through my numerous T1 and T2 keys (also the few T3) keys I still have. If you want in jump in my party or invite me to one (Steamshovel_Dan).

gently caress that noise, the lovely RNG and rear end in a top hat drop tables for prime parts is too much.

Golgozor fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jun 7, 2014

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
Hey, who knew? Kestrel, Glaive, and Glaive Prime now get the damage bonus from invisibility/smokescreen when thrown! (They didn't before melee 2.0).

Does anyone know if the invisible crits get a straight boost from crit damage melee mods?

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

EroticBlacksmith posted:

If you're crazy lucky! I've done somewhere around 8 hours of t3 survivals and haven't seen a chassis yet.

Well over 30 T3 survivals, no chassis. I ended up trading some platinum for one.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Absurd Revolver posted:

I just got back into this, after my first try way back at release when it was nothing but endless samey hallways.

Oberyon looks good, could someone give me a bit of a primer in how to use/mod him properly?

Fleeting expertise, streamline, stretch, intensify; use your ultimate repeatedly. Don't equip hallowed ground.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Christoff posted:

Finally getting around to playing this. Seems a bit overwhelming at first (PS4) I'm in the clan but haven't really done MP yet with goons. How exactly does it work? I mean I got a ton of "missions" to do. Can I not play with you guys until I get to where you're at? I assume anyone who has done the missions I need can do them with me?

Just wondering if I should give this an honest go or just wait for Destiny.

Don't mind throwing some $ at it either

Join the clan so we know you're playing the game. Join or start parties through the clan tab>show profile button (or just send friend requests).
Just sending blind invites to games does not work.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

A Swarm of Bees posted:

Just got this game on PS4. Handle is Snookypookum. I play almost everyday/night. Mostly after 10ish Central. Looking to play with some goons!

Clan invite sent.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Roaust posted:

Looking for an invite on ps4 under Roaust

Invite sent

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

RoboJoe posted:

Update for the PS4 crew: new patch has hit, we can farm up the Loki Prime and whatnot now. I'm starting the research for the new weapons in the dojo so they'll be done in a few days.

E: I don't have any Neural Sensors (I don't understand how), so if someone else can donate 10 to the Serro research in the Energy Lab we can get that one going.

My controller is shot, I won't be able to join in the farming until I replace it, which might be awhile.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Coldbird posted:

Do real players actually do that switch-out-damage-types thing? I always thought that was pure theorycraft and that nobody really kept doing it after a week of dealing with the constant hassle.

The reality of the game is that infested will never be difficult enough to warrant bringing a special setup, and there's enough tactical difference between the other two that you're better off having a whole another primary weapon for each set aside if you're going to insist on that much micro.

I just slot blast and radiation penta, corrosive and viral brakk, and glaive prime pretty much all day every day unless I'm leveling something or goofing off. Works well enough on T4

I swap out. It's not a big hassle, takes like 2 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
Also if any PS4 dudes want to farm T4 keys or level up/rank up weapons, I'm playing for a while.