Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
So, is level 40 the highest the game goes right now? I thought they said it went up to level 100, and I'm finding plutonium, solarium, and uranium that I don't know what to do with if I dig really deep, but I can't find any way to get past level 40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
My two cents after playing for 50 hours and getting Autumn the Floran maxed out:

- Game is already incredible. I can't believe this is an early beta. Tons of fun and I'm excited to play the complete product some day with my buddies.
- Echoing sentiments about inventory management for construction materials. The generic matter absorb/place idea that everybody keeps posting without really reading other people's posts is definitely a good idea.
- More animal noises would be nice. Sure, the monster looks unique, but they all make horse/pig/mouse noise, so it breaks the uniqueness a bit for me. It's kind of like playing Oblivion with the same 6 voice actors for every NPC. Throw in some random stuff we wouldn't expect from animals or something.
- Planet variety is great, but could be improved. Weather and atmospheric effects are my favorite feature of many games, despite how they're usually just decoration. As some others have said, there's a lot of potential for more types of weather that dramatically affect gameplay (i.e. a blizzard comes in and decreases visibility and heat). Currently, we have rain, which doesn't seem to do anything. It doesn't even make the background get dark and grey and cloudy or anything. The lightning is nice, though. As for other planet things, I liked what someone mentioned about the size of the planet having a big impact on mineral content and gravity. The backgrounds are also gorgeous, and I love that they show the moons/planets that are nearby, but I'd like more nighttime variety. Aurora? Fog? There's a lot to explore here.
- The coming patch seems like a step in the right direction as far as progression and combat are concerned, so I won't blab about that here.
- How do I use dye?
- I love digging through sand/gravel caverns.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

lohli posted:

I'm pretty disappointed with both the variety of instruments

Surely you're kidding? I found a harmonica, violin, keytar, clarinet, saxaphone, electric lead guitar, and I know there are plenty of others like the microphone, classical guitar, trumpet, pan flute, and probably more. What do you need to be satisfied, a full symphony? Somebody mod this goon a set of wind chimes and some timpani.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Shoehead posted:

Dog Kisser did something awesome, but I did something RETARDED

Edit: You can overtake the projectiles

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Steakborked

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Storkblunt

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
RockStarbound

http://www.caffeineinformer.com/energy-drink-side-effects

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
even the dog looks incomplete

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
i mean seriously its been like what 3 years since the last patch?

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

one of my beefs was the game

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i'm really disappointed that it took a day for that to happen because i knew it would

I know, right? I'm usually too late to the party to make those jokes.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
This game is really cool, like fusion power.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

I skipped all the posts in this thread because I know nothing happened and I'm just going to say lol

That's fine. My last post will only be relevant in about 20 years or so.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
starbound where is the pregnancy simulation????

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Supernorn eat the eggs

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Whoa, good thing I posted back there Supernorn, or you would have TRIPLE-POSTED, which would definitely have been the most embarrassing thing to possibly come out of everything going on here.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
we gettin' starsblounskched

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Party Plane Jones posted:

An actual post in this thread. (He really hasn't posted since)

That was 6 entire months ago.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

XboxPants posted:

Some people complain about the Nightlies being too buggy and deleting your save all the time, but I feel like that's balanced out by the fact that the nightly no longer launches at all anyway.

That's the spirit!

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Man Whore posted:

I never tried and I have no idea what gave you the idea that I did .

pls tell me about spherical cats

least malicious-sounding red title ever

Oh, also

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
2d sidescrollers make terrible combat games for example super smash bros

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Hey guys remember that good 2d combat game super smash brothers

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Deakul posted:

i also like to play the video game starbound, it is ok and has BAD digging.

Haha I maek joke

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Looks like it's time for a StarRebound

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Starbored

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Ahundredbux posted:

*head explodes*

*head starbounds*

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
lol huge news guys theres a huge update bet its gonna be huge

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Musluk posted:

did the update hit yet

did they drop a titan on us

dude did u not even look

the update is so huge it broke tables

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Musluk posted:

1300 pixels ain't table breaking son

unless youre poor

sorry i forgot the update is only huge for poors like me (tiny laptop screen gamer)

maybe not so huge for most of you, hope i didn't disappoint

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
I actually just downloaded and booted this up with 3 friends.

The game downloaded first. Then it downloaded again.

Took 15 minutes to boot the first time.

See the comments above about Novakids.

Seems pretty much like the same game with slightly more background parallax.

I could be wrong, but I'm probably not.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

DeliciousCookie posted:

but so far progression feels miles ahead of what it used to be.

Because that's really something to shoot for. My dead grandmother has progressed more miles since launch than the game has.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Well yeah, improving the game is something to shoot for.

I'm not a starbound fanboy but some of the ways people are finding to poo poo on this patch seems a little absurd. How is it that you can find something negative in even "wow, they really improved this aspect by a lot"?

It seems like some things still aren't good at all but they've also made improvements in certain areas, so I hope they keep it up.

Well Dr. Video Games Ph.D. you see, if you find a corpse floating in the river, drag it out, spray it with Lysol, and tie a pretty bow on it, you've improved a lot of things about the bloated, lifeless corpse.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
why do people keep talking about "sides" in this thread

the game is too one-dimensional to have sides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Smoremaster posted:

Starbound: I was just posting updates and stuff but yeah,

This is the one. We must at least preserve this.

• Locked thread