Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mr. Pumroy posted:

I don't see why there has to be a cost incurred with extracting yourself from deep underground. They shouldn't do something that would discourage people from digging. Just having a magic mirror-type item should be enough to get back to the surface.

There's going to be, it's just not in yet.

Along with stuff to set your teleport point and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
Beamaxe is the internal name for the matter manipulator.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

MrTheDevious posted:

I beamed into my starter planet and got assfucked by a flock of flying birds who spammed me with fireballs that 2 shotted me. This is a good patch

quote:

If you choose to take part during stage 1 you should expect bugs, lots of balance changes, you shouldn’t get too attached to your character or universe as we may make changes that require you to start from scratch. You should expect the game to be broken at points as we make sweeping changes.

There's not really much more to say. Maybe those of you mad about the fact that enemies are too hard right now should wait until phase two?

You should go into this expecting poo poo to be broken because this isn't an Activision promotional "beta" that's just the finished game but hey we got another microtransaction out of you to play it two weeks early.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

MrTheDevious posted:

I'm not mad at all :confused: I just thought it was funny that birds took a flaming poo poo on my head 15 seconds into the game.

Some people pretty obviously are and you were the most recent quote, is all.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Purple Prince posted:

Question: why would I play this game when I already have Terraria? I mean in what ways does it expand or improve on Terraria? I'm asking because I've been watching this game for ages but haven't seen a good reason to buy it so far.

There's more variety of poo poo.

Every terraria world is going to have surface -> caverns -> jungle -> dungeon -> hallow/corruption -> hard jungle -> jungle temple, roughly in that order.

Starbound just has more stuff, even with just the different races dungeons as well as their cities and outposts.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Verdugo posted:

Can we stop with the "It's a beta" :goonsay: when someone says something the least bit critical of the build? I thought the point of a beta was to actually point out the issues that people are coming across.

There's a difference between pointing something out and going "boy sure am glad they spent all that time on ~balance~ :rolleyes:"

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

dongsweep posted:

Can you really enslave and experiment on NPC's?

If you're talking about the dude in the tube, that's a decoration you can find in Apex facilities. You can't actually do anything with it though.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
The one thing Terraria does better in my opinion is that it's more clear what a weapon's hitbox is.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
Delta Altais 2156 II a, X: 100270 Y: -49763701

Immediately to the left of the spawn here there's a Glitch tower with a king inside, underneath his throne there was a chest that contained, for me at least, rocket launcher.

You want the forest planet.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

MrTheDevious posted:

Is there any armor after platinum? I've got a full plat set and L10 planets still oneshot me, but I can't find any upgrades

For some reason Aegisalt at least shows up in the crafting table.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

MrTheDevious posted:

Oh I still haven't even found any of that ore, guess that'd be it, thanks!

You want TL5 for it.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
hey remember that great big feature map that had all these features at "nearly done!"

lol

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i tried the stable update and when i was down on the planet the collision completely hosed up and i was walking on air and falling through solid blocks, 10/10 would call this update stable

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
"for the honor of a videogame i have bound my life to" wheezes a fat, unfunny idiot as he presses the "purchase other's avatar" link twice

e: three times lmao

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

be careful, you might be I_Wish_Starbound_Was_A_Dick.jpg instead of sword_man.gif

bring it on :twisted:

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
it's the retarded thought process of "ha ha if i buy them an avatar for something they hate, and claim they love it, it's a mega burn"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
that aint the only thing coming thick and fast :mrgw:

• Locked thread