Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Splizwarf posted:

Keep in mind that if the extra testing they are doing on this patch turns up something terrifying, it might be a while. It'll hit when it hits.

The more bugtesting they do, the better the patch will be, and I appreciate it.

That said, it's pretty annoying that they dangled the "final character wipe" carrot while also claiming it would be out around Monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I certainly could have worded it better, I'm not trying to act all Internet Entitled or anything like that and I definitely don't think it was intentional. poo poo happens. I just would have rather had them not give an ETA at all, maybe give an update saying it's coming soon and then give us like a two-day warning before it actually drops.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

From a few pages back...

KariOhki posted:

Has anyone else just been walking along when a giant meteor came out of the sky and gibbed you?

Cause that just happened to me.

Yeah, I definitely had that happen on my spawn world before the patch. The weird thing was it kept happening - there were two more strikes in pretty much the same spot within a few hours.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I am liking this game a hell of a lot better now that I found a sweet Uzi and am less apprehensive about going and exploring crazy places.

Although now that I've explored a bunch and found some cool crap I am exceptionally disappointed that placed Tesla Spikes don't seem to damage mobs.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I found a trumpet, played around with it a bit, thought it was pretty cool.

Now it's two hours later and I'm sitting here surrounded by piles of songbooks with like ten tabs on ABC notation open in a browser and I haven't even touched StarBound.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

The update makes things marginally more interesting for the beginning game but it is a massively unstable wreck that I had to start about twelve times before it loaded properly and even then every time I opened a menu or got a popup message or anything like that the game would completely freeze until I minimized and restored the window and then clicked on it and waited 30s.

Stable Release Is Live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Seriously it took like a half an hour for me to get the game to successfully launch last night and even after that it hung forever the first time a dialog or inventory window popped up. My computer is pretty old these days but it ran Crysis at stupidly high settings, what the gently caress is wrong with Chucklefish's programmers?

Is the regular or OpenGL version generally more stable? I was switching off but I think it was the OpenGL one that finally worked to the point where it was mostly playable.

• Locked thread