Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
If I want to keep my character but reset the world, how do I do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Can we stop with the "It's a beta" :goonsay: when someone says something the least bit critical of the build? I thought the point of a beta was to actually point out the issues that people are coming across.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Rhjamiz posted:

We're talking about editing in items into a player's inventory, rather than trying to import an old (wiped) character.

There has been talk of editing in items to a player's starting chest on their ship, so you get them as a new character. Didn't see anything about an inventory editor yet.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

If you want Homesick now, I "updated" Homesick and also updated the player.config file to the new merge system.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/98ijhbo66c3moxe/Homesick%20unofficial%20official%20Angry%20Koala%20fix.zip

I misread that as Homestuck for a sec, I guess it's a matter of time before someone releases a "troll" race for Starbound.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Vib Rib posted:

Though this patch will be the last player wipe, it's very likely that we'll still get occasional planet/ship wipes.
So I think after this final character wipe, I might turn off automatic updates for Starbound on Steam. That way when a new update goes live, I'll be able to take my character, run to my base/ship, and do a salvage run. I can pick up one inventory's-worth of items that I want to save (mostly ores and rare items), since anything I'm not carrying will be lost for good. Then update the game, jump back in, and start over again with a big head start.

If you turn off automatic updates, it just updates when you run the game instead of in the background.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Already, the outcry over mod packs is starting:

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/on-mod-packs-compilations.58537/

once again reiterating that the worst part about this game is the community.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Vib Rib posted:

The official stance, as I see it, looks pretty reasonable.
You can put mods in a pack without permission, as long as you give credit. You only need permission if you actually go in and edit them. That seems agreeable.

Agreed. The barrage of posts complaining that mod packs are badwrongfun is primarily what I was talking about.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
:qq: "IF STARBOUND WHY CHAR WIPE" :qq:

Maybe everyone bitching about character wipes can wait until release before playing it seriously? God drat, it says on the SPLASH SCREEN from day one that wipes will happen. Stop being dumb.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Don't randomly dig down. Go across the surface and mine surface minerals. Surface minerals are ridiculously abundant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

This is the stupidest term ever, please go back to 4Chan. Thank you.

• Locked thread