Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone found any pets? I see there's slots for them on the character screen, but I haven't seen anyone talk about it, so I'm guessing it's not implemented yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So, I just found a "Gravity Bubble" tech which acts as an infinite jetpack(It doesn't seem to have an energy cost yet, or if it does, it's so low it's not noticeable).

If anyone wants it, these are the coordinates and planet cluster I found them in(Beta sector):

It's in a high tech chest on the surface of either the TL11 or the TL13 Arid planet.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

There are some cool techs in the upper Tiers. :v:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

rhoga posted:

Found a level 40 planet with airship.

Go get bird guns.
:freep:

The other planet in this system has an Apex jumping facility with a Blink tech at the end.
This tech seems better than pretty much all the other techs I've found so far, as it allows you to blink to anywhere on the screen at the cost of 1 energy bar(which refills almost instantly).

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Is there a tier of metals after Impervium?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Zoe posted:

Is there any kind of work around for that bug that keeps teleporting you back to your ship instead of the planet?

Just keep at it, it'll send you down eventually.

Also, has anyone else stumbled across a crystal cavern? I found a magma cavern with a lot of crystal clusters in the walls, and some crystal plants I could pick up that had the description "Money DOES grow on trees!". Shame growing doesn't seem to be working properly at the moment.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Is farming broken at the moment? Only ever seem to get seeds when I try to grow something.

Kyrosiris posted:

Are you pressing E on the grown fruit?
:downs:

Thanks!

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Dec 10, 2013

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

2 Track EP posted:

Is anyone else having a hard time finding Iron after the ore rebalance? In the time it took me to get 100 iron bars on T1 planets, I found 160 Silver bars, 3 full stacks of coal, 240 gold bars, 600 copper bars, 6 refined diamond, and 8 refined platinum.

Iron seems to have been bumped up a tier. There's tons of it on Threat level 2 planets.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Seems not all food is safe in this game.
Eating one of the glitch dishes I made from a recipe I found in a glitch village crashes my game.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Is there anything more to use Diamonds on other than the pickaxe and Drill? The tier 3+ planets are filled with Diamond ores.
Not that I'm complaining, as each ore gives 100 pixels in the refinery.

Also, has anyone found any blueprints for crystal other than the bed and chest? Looks like you could build a neat base out of that.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Kerrrrrrr posted:

No, not always. Sometimes they just have regular loot inside. I've found 5 hi-tech chests and only one had a tech. :(

There are actually two different kinds of high-tech chests. One kind you'll find inside abandoned Apex facilities, and will almost always just contain basic supplies.The other kind only appears randomly on the surface, or at the end of Apex lab jumping challenges. This one seems to always contain a Tech, and the chest even has a slightly different colour.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

So how do you unlock higher armor/weapon tiers when you've reached Sector X? I was under the impression that it would unlock everything up to Tier 10, but it seems like I've only got the single next tier using Aegisalt and whatever else.

Guessing it's the same as before:

Go to a TL 5 planet and mine Aegisalt -> Make the unlock tech for the next tier of metals -> Go to a TL 6 planet and mine for that...etc etc etc...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Iretep posted:

Did uranium get removed or something? I've been trying to find some for ages to replace my coal usage but haven't found any. I'm even using cooridnates that had it in a previous patch but now theres none.

I first found it on a TL4 planet.

• Locked thread