Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster
Just make it so your ship crashes on your first planet, and you have to go through the tutorial and get the fuel to get it back up and running. This helps twofold, It gives you a newbie home at first, and solves the caveman thing in a way that makes some sort of sense. There you go, you're welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster

Verranicus posted:

Tentatively opening my server (hosted on my own machine) to the public, or at least you fellow goons. Experimenting with keeping it up 24/7 since I leave the PC on anyway, but my friends and I would be happy to have some more visitors. Only "rules" are that if you see someone has made some sort of marker/structure at a planet's beam-in point, it'd be nice if you couldn't go and bulldoze said planet because it's been "claimed".

Anyway, join if you like. IP is 99.252.214.148

What's the max per server? I haven't researched this game much.

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster

Enzer posted:

I think I remember the dev's said that there was no cap and it is more of a "whatever the server can handle" deal.

Really?? That's awesome, will try this guy's server then. I was expecting a 4 person cap.

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster
How do you global talk? Or is the green say text global?

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster

WebDO posted:

Keep up the good work, and kudos on keeping so well plugged in to the community.

Do we have developers here? I'm already in love with this game so that's cool to know. It'd be like when I found out one of the creators of The Walking Dead Telltale game is a member here. Too bad he left for better pastures. :(

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster
Loving this game, but is there any Miner's Hat type item in the game? Flashlight sucks in caves and dropping a torch every 20 feet is so annoying. I want to explore caves and poo poo but I need a persistent light source. Are there more powerful flashlights at least?

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster
Easy fix, everytime you grab a terrain block (This is after they do away with tools like the pickaxe and make the Matter Manipulator upgradable), you learn that texture and it gets added to a generic "matter pool" like others have said. Now to make others happy just make it so the more you matter manipulate the more you get matter pool points.

So if you mine one flesh block, you can create that flesh block 1:1 for every terrain block you've consumed. If for some reason you want more, then mine more flesh blocks and say after a hundred you get a 1:2 return, 2 flesh blocks for every terrain block consumed. Hell make it up to 1:10 with Achievements for each tier, since everyone spergs over Cheevos.

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster

Nyyen posted:

I sort of wish that grappling hooks would be the norm for air travel and underground shenanigans. Since I hit top tier I can fly around really fast infinitely with bubble and butterfly boost no problem, and with judicial energy use I can even fire off my grenade launchers while I do it. I would rather they make the flying techs either prohibitively expensive, or more like a gravity enabled jet pack where you had to use energy faster than you regained it, and just tapping it would just let you hover a bit longer.

As it is now, the flying techs make double jump, gravity negation, rocket jump, and the blink techs worthless, as well as making the grappling hook just a toy. PvP and exploration would be more fun in my mind if it took some actual effort to get around. That said though, the lack of overhead things to grab above, and the claustrophobic nature of most underground spaces seems to already make the grappling hook largely useless.

Keep in mind Grapping Hooks were only added like 3 days ago, and we are only seeing the first 4 tiers of 10. I agree with you though, and that's why we should continue adding feedback.

I mean poo poo we already have a flying car, mechs, etc. I'm sure after Tier 4 even our current Techs will be outdated by Tier 6.

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster

explosivo posted:

Wait, we do?

Yeah they successfully modded it on the goon server in PGS, at least it sounded that way when I was playing. I don't think it's officially in the base game yet though.

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster

Sanzuo posted:

I found a desolate moon with no plant life except for a sprawling tree village inhabited by robots. :catstare:

I also had a chef on my ship but I killed him on accident.

I found butterfly bubble tech and I can't imagine anything being better than this.

I've lost all my ship NPCs by somehow attacking them when I beam back aboard. Tonight somehow I aggro'd my guard so I killed him, and that made my doctor mad at me and attack me.

I think once we get the home planet thing settled in, we can safely place our people there. gently caress I miss being able to buy bombs on my ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster

Rotten Cookies posted:

So I've been away doing finals and poo poo and I come back to like loving 1800 posts (Christ this thread moves fast.)

Can anybody update me on poo poo that has occurred, updates or features announced or implemented? I'd really appreciate it.

Also, it's really awesome that I even get to ask this question, because I don't doubt that it's warranted.

There's way too much to even try and sum up, go to their site.

e: http://playstarbound.com/

• Locked thread