Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Any word on when the game will be available off Steam? I bought it six months ago or so, and I'd kinda like to play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
No, off Steam, as in you don't need Steam to play it.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

Shukaro posted:

The updates and all are done through steam so... I would guess either never or much later on.

Well, when I bought it, it said I could play it with or without Steam. The official site says that I can play it without Steam, it just doesn't say precisely when that will be. I was hoping somebody had a more precise answer than "someday maybe".

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

You know what I'd like to (not) see? Musical instruments whose sprites are invisible. I want an Air Guitar so I can play air guitar and have it make music as if I were Bill and Ted.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

nerdz posted:

Is it just me, or one handed weapons stopped dropping again?

I got a crappy one handed sword last night, but it's the only one I've seen out of a dozen drops, they're just really rare.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

It's not as interesting as Terraria's Hell, it's just lava everywhere and nothing to mine until you fill in the lava, then ore appears in the stone you place. There's no Lava Chests or anything, I wouldn't bother at this point.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

Johnny Five wasn't built with an emotion chip, so naturally the thing to do is to disassemble him to find out exactly how he works, then use the components to build better weapons.

This game has a morally worse protagonist than Spec Ops The Line.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

Shoehead posted:

See I'm ok with them as a race of enemy Space-Nazis. Fighting the Nazis is great, it's just tearing down huge Nazi party flags and hanging them in your ship that makes me feel a bit gross.

If I could kill a bunch of Nazis IRL I goddamn sure would tear down a huge Nazi flag and hang it in my spaceship.

"Oh that, yeah, that's a trophy from the time I killed all those Nazis. Yeah, about a thousand of them, it was basically just Captain America, Rambo, and me, kicking some Nazi rear end, or as I like to call it, Monday." :smug:

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

I'd like to see upgraded axes. I can craft a vibroaxe, but it doesn't work as good on trees as the stone axe I made two minutes into the game. Give us some 40k-style chainswords or something, please!

Bohemian Nights posted:

I've only gotten to the gamma sector, but when if ever do guns that are actually worthwhile pop up? I have melee weapons that hit for 90 and obliterate anything but a miniboss, yet the best guns I can seem to find barely reach 10 dmg, and that's not even necessarily with a very flattering firing rate.

I've had good luck with Avian pirates and human/ape bases. A gun is "good" if it has half the DPS of whatever melee weapon you're using at the moment.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

Dig for ore and convert it to pixels. I think you get the ability to do this in Tier 3.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

Also, when does holiday spirit stop dropping? I need a lot of pixels right now, and I feel it's taking up volume that could be replaced by pixels.

Is there an easier way to get pixels other than exploring and killing stuff?

Holiday spirit can be converted into pixels at the Christmas table or whatever it's called. There's "small suspicious present" and "large suspicious present" that you can craft for two and three holiday spirit respectively, they're presents that when placed hop up and down and can be killed just like any other creature, and they drop pixels. The loot they spawn is based on where you place them, not where you craft them, so you can craft them on a Sector Alpha planet and then take them to a Sector X planet and get a LOT more pixels and better loot that way.

Once you build the Refinery, you can convert ore to pixels at varying rates, one copper makes five pixels, one diamond ore makes 100 pixels.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

Well, don't just leave us in suspense.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

It's called "low-effort trolling".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

Hey I have this "no shitposting EVER" policy, but for some reason I feel compelled to violate it here. Probably spent too much time in GBS. Okay, this is me coming into this topic. Pretend like I didn't post this disclaimer about how this post is a shitpost.

HOLY CRAP, WHAT AN UPDATE! Seriously, guys, this poo poo is amazing! Like, now when pirates or natives invade and I kick their asses, I have actual moral choices about what to do with the survivors! I can still cut out their organs and sell them on the black market, and then turn the corpses into soylent burgers, but I can also be merciful and let them go if I want! And there's an in-game reason to do it! And there's heat and cold, now, working temperature so I can have burning deserts or miserable wet and cold dungeons, refrigeration keeps food from spoiling, new biomes, wind power, multiple tech levels of medicine, I don't even know what all. Just look at "New Content" that they done posted on their blog, hur hur. It's hard to believe such a small team can consistently create new content for such a great game!

Oh wait, this isn't the RimWorld topic. No stable release? They took out sand surfing? Why? That poo poo was really fun. Oh well.

• Locked thread