Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Vib Rib posted:

Speaking of mods, my friend and I just put out the first version of our mod, which we're calling Homesick.

Thought it was kind of lame that you can only build with a very few basic building materials when there's so many blocks in the game. All these beautiful exotic building blocks and you can only get them by ripping up existing dungeons and villages. As a result, all our starting houses were these blank, samey wood-and-stone affairs with very little personality.
Which is why we made this.

Homesick adds over 80 recipes for your character. Building blocks from tech metal and avian glyph bricks to pressurized steel girders and bamboo platforms. Most recipes just use simple starter resources like clay, stone, wood, and sand, but a few of the more high tech options will require metal. Anything that uses metal we've tried to return at a decent ratio so you don't need mountains of the stuff, usually 10 blocks per bar, which is better than the game gives for most things.
We're planning on adding decorative items too, so you can at the least craft varied furniture items right off the bat. Seems silly a Glitch can't build medieval tables and chairs, after all. For now though it's just the blocks.

Hope this works!
This looks amazing! I like building my base in creative mode in minecraft before I go out and play hardcore or whatever. Until they add a creative mode toggle, mods like this will do!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

PerrineClostermann posted:

Wonderful, the new patch crashes my game when I select a game mode (single, multi).

e: Oh great, my latest character is what's causing the crash. It was just working. The hell?
Delete the player folder under steam/steamapps/common/starbound. Unless you really want to keep him, then I don't know. But this fixed my similar problem.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

redreader posted:

I am playing terraria and have gold/titanium tier with some special weapons. I am not doing multiplayer and decided to choose a medium world.

Did I gently caress up? should I just keep the character and make a small world instead? is it a big deal?

Last I remember the min maxing strategy was to have a small world to farm materials on and a large or medium as your do things in world. I made a large world and ate the time sink to find my things. :shrug:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

Why Koalas?
I kind of like koalas. I hear they will brutally attack you at the drop of a hat though so - points for that. Maybe that's the reason. Cute, cuddly and then suddenly :unsmigghh:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Looking forward to the updated ship building mod! Anyone updating their server anytime soon this morning?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

so starbound is like minecraft but 2d and less content? idgi :confused:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

two words: early access videogames

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

if it's a sandbox, where's the sand? more like an empty box :laffo:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

man i cant believe i made someone mad enough about a video game to spend IRL money for this new av

lmfao

it's really hosed up how people can just change avatar's on this forum

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

stuntwaffle posted:

ahahahhaa I'm jealous

edit: loving lol nvm

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

starbound nerds mad enough to :homebrew: on unfunny avs lol

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

TheSpookyDanger posted:

i don't even remember you saying mean things about starbound

i never posted anywhere about politics or the tea party ever. goons are idiots :shrug:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i like my current av because it's stupid long and you gotta scroll through it, suck it starbound thread

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

you play an unfun minecraft 2d clone lmao

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

Oh I get it, the people who defend starbound or switched sides are getting the avatars.

your avatar is cute, i hope you get to keep it :ohdear:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

what all ive done for months now is shitpost

i dont have a real opinion on the game and haven't played in in months either

same but i actually fired this up a week ago. it's still not interesting.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

dude

everyone does rear end to mouth sometimes

i'll be your little teapot, eonwe :glomp:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Tin Tim posted:

Also lmao at the love avatars :h:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

i wish starbound was a dick so i could put it in my rear end and mouth

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

IPlayVideoGames posted:

Last time I played this you couldn't plant trees and now you can so all in all a good 9 months spent.

oh poo poo, so you can plant trees huh? can you fish? very important to me.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

lmao

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

PvE sandboxes are the boringest games unless they are super loving pretty like one of those universe simulators. let's spend days gathering mats to build bases that defend from lovely AI npc's :downs:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

:yikes:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

That's another thing I don't understand, why the hell would you build such an agonisingly strict progression system, and then populate it with the most boring loving gating quests I've ever seen.

If you haven't got any worthwhile content, don't loving make me play your lovely content.

Jesus Christ I cannot believe how bad this game has gotten since the last stable.

it's probably because they made another minecraft knockoff and guess what? all the autists making mods are still modding minecraft. now the dev team feels like they have to make a 'game' whatever that means to them, lol.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

oddium posted:

You're an extremely bad poster

you're an eve goon lol

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

Starbound: I wish starbound was a dick

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Musluk posted:

Starbound: If you don't like the Winter Update, Alpaca my bags and leave!

:pusheen:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

:mrgw:

• Locked thread