Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

OK, trapped the tier 3 boss and killed it, unlocked the X Sector, and am busily racing towards the end of the tech tree. Gone through Durasteel, Aegisalt, and Ferozium so far. No more new crafting recipes so far except more melee weapons, basic furniture, and racial armor, so I guess they weren't lying when they said the higher-tier stuff isn't enabled/implemented.

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

Ibram Gaunt posted:

How'd you unlock Ferozium? My tech stopped at Aegisalt.
There's another tech upgrade thing you can make with 40 Aegisalt at the robotic crafting table. I also see a recipe using 40 Ferozium to unlock the next one, but I haven't found a way to actually make Ferozium bars so I guess it stops there.

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

Slime posted:

Why does making armor on my anvil use up pixels? I'd give it a pass if I was later in the game and was using high-tech armor, but I'm smashing metal into shape. That shouldn't cost funky future space materialmoney.

I can't comment on whether it's good from a game design standpoint, but for MY IMMERSION I imagine that the pixels are used in the 3D printer to make all the little incidental bits that constitute a suit of armor beyond the raw metal: straps, buckles, feathers, oil and so on.

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

canepazzo posted:

So, killed penguin boss, made the metal station, got steel weapons and bow, gold pickaxe - in silver/winter gear. Currently loving around in beta quadrant. What's my next step, titanium? Or do I need gold armor first? Platinum Pickaxe or can I skip?

Sadly you can't skip pickaxe tiers, and platinum is impossibly rare. There's supposed to be an ore rebalancing patch coming tomorrow though, maybe that'll fix up the progression a bit.

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

Rookersh posted:

So what ever happened to the Novakids? They going to be a later addition, or did that stretch goal just not get met.

After beta.

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

It would be pretty nice if you could use multiple non-conflicting techs simultaneously. Like pulse jump and energy dash, they don't use the same button to activate so there's no reason you shouldn't be able to easily use both. If it's limited in order to make techs easier to balance, why have four tech slots except to taunt us?

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

I hope the baby monsters aren't hostile. That way we're the real monsters :unsmigghh:

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

Poop Hat
uncommon crappyhelmet

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

Agnostalgia posted:

Well you could spend eight hours in a Hohmann transfer orbit or three minutes making the stars go stripy what're you gonna do.

Judging by the line of always-on thrusters on the bottom, your ship is too cool for orbits and simply hovers 100km above the surface. No need for a fancy transfer orbit, you've got enough power to go in a straight line :jeb:

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

KoB posted:

Youre totally right. There should even be a fuel for walking, like you have to constantly press Q to breathe in order to fuel your body to walk. But maybe thats too easy, it should probably be a little tedious, so maybe you have to stop every once and a while to catch your breath.

Starbound: QWOP Edition? I would totally play that :haw:

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

Either merchants NPCs are really bugged, or I've just discovered an Avian nudist colony

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

Space elevators in sandbox games. Not an uncommon phenomenon, though a poorly understood one.

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

Please make Sewage Blocks use sand/gravel physics. TIA~

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

Tykero posted:

rambling effortpost from nowhere.

I, too, would love to be able to play Starbound as if it was Technic pack modded Minecraft. A lot of that stuff probably should be left to modders, but I agree that seeing some kind of infrastructure-building gameplay in vanilla would (a) be awesome, and (b) give the modders something to start with.

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

Has any game ever had "realistically" hazardous lava? It should emit toxic fumes, and blister exposed skin and set clothing on fire at 10 paces. Pouring a bucket of water on lava should result in a steam explosion, not a neat little block of obsidian. :arghfist::reject:

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

The Avians seem to love my fishperson.

A: Hylotl! Let's cuddle! :3:

edit: just found the following line in the data file for Hylotl villagers: "I saw a Floran the other day. Horrible creatures." :allears:

Nomikos fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Dec 14, 2013

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

Enzer posted:

It is even weirder than that, those are not candle sticks, they're tiny little streetlamps. Usually you'll find those in massive tunnels made of that soft, off white, brick material. It weirds me the hell out, anyone else have any of the other races besides Glitch for inspecting the creepy tiny houses?
code:
  "apexDescription" : "This is the smallest house I've ever seen.",
  "avianDescription" : "A tiny little house.",
  "floranDescription" : "Knock knock. Floran come in.",
  "glitchDescription" : "Considering. I do not believe a Glitch could live here.",
  "humanDescription" : "I can't remember, is this eat me or drink me?",
  "hylotlDescription" : "I wonder where the tiny inhabitants are?",
Floran description is bessst as alwayss.

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

Here is a list of good adventurer names :v:

MST3k posted:

Beat PunchBeef
Big, Brave Brick of Meat
Big McLargeHuge
Blast HardCheese
Blast ThickNeck
Bob Johnson
Bold BigFlank
Bulk VanderHuge