Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Zeether posted:

I found the best ship mod ever:

Link that poo poo! I want an SOL!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Modding in Starfleet uniforms, it's fun!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Fishstick posted:

You can't drop that and then not share.

I've still to make a blueprint for it and do a female chest, but I'll let you know when it's ready!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Haha I just broke the game trying to make a recipe. Oh man restoring the old files is taking forever, I should be more careful.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Startrek uniforms, get 'em while they're hot!

Let me know if I break anything.. :negative:

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Dec 12, 2013

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

gibbed posted:

There is actually a Starfleet uniform outfit in the game files, I don't know if you can already obtain it in-game yet.

assets\items\armors\decorative\costumes\startrack

Oh for God's sake.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

gibbed posted:

There is actually a Starfleet uniform outfit in the game files, I don't know if you can already obtain it in-game yet.

assets\items\armors\decorative\costumes\startrack

Oh wait, well at least they are from a different era of the show. A lot of the stuff in decorative is in as random drops from what I've seen.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Red Harvest posted:

I think the dev clothes work like they did in Terraria, they give you a bunch of debuffs. You aren't a dev, these aren't your clothes! I'm sure it's easy to mod out though.

Nope, they are just regular crappy vanity slot items.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

BaconPigbutt posted:

I just wish I could map Q for something else, I keep throwing stuff away by accident when I`m playing on my notebook.

Someone posted a screenshot of the menu for rebinding this morning so yaaay

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

az posted:

I've been trying to find the file for the matter modulator thingie you start out with but can't find it, where is it hiding?

it's called Beamaxe

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Zoe posted:

There used to be 100 levels, now they've been merged to 10. There can be a lot of variation between different level 1 planets though.

Yeah they changed the scale from 1-100 to 1-10.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Musluk posted:

clicky here

110 energy. Enjoy!

An undead favorite!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Babe Magnet posted:

Haven't been in this thread since the game launched. Sup.

Anyway, I'm working on a race mod. I have only the vaguest idea on how to do the modding part, but I've got some concepts done at least!

Bug People/Rome and a little Greece

These are cute as heeeeck! I'd change that pure black on the gladiator's helmet to something a bit greyer though.

Should we start a modding thread? I feel like I'm missing the stuff people are building and I should probably ask a few questions about how baby I've broken my recipes.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Has anyone had any luck getting anything to load from the mod folder yet? I can't seem to get it to work.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Shoehead posted:

Has anyone had any luck getting anything to load from the mod folder yet? I can't seem to get it to work.

I figured it out, I had my info saved as a .txt instead of a .modinfo.

That said Starbound wont start anymore so we will see! Must have left a comma out somewhere.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I literally added two words to a species file, all the parsing is fine, but the game wont load. Hrmmmmm.

code:
      "shirt" : [ "workoutchest", "coolchest", "conceptchest", "sweatervestchest", "unichest" ],
      "pants" : [ "workoutlegs", "coollegs", "conceptlegs", "sweatervestlegs", "unilegs" ],

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
It seems like even putting the regular .species files into species will stop the game from loading.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Shoehead posted:

It seems like even putting the regular .species files into species will stop the game from loading.

Oh man I checked the logs and it looks like you can't overwrite .species files from your mod folders so they just conflict. I fixed a bunch of other errors with my mod though so :shrug:

Ahhh I've figured it out. My file structure was off! Having *MODNAME*/assets/ would only load certain files correctly. That's weird, but I'm glad I figured it out.

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Dec 15, 2013

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

The Green Calx posted:

Yeah I believe your *modname* folder is supposed to act as your assets folder, which the game loads on top of its base assets folder. Glad you got it working :)

Yeah, what was throwing me was how it was partially working somehow. Time to see if I can add a lovely Geordie LaForge visor to my nerd mod.

Edit:
Whattya think?

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Dec 15, 2013

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Elendil004 posted:

Tiy just posted this.

Oh thank God!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Can love bloom in space?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/snakes-attire.259/

Cant. Stop. Making. Mods! :negative:

Oh hey so I made Snake's bandanna too and it removes your hair, hahaha! uh, I fixed it.

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Dec 15, 2013

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Well that didn't take long!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Throwing Poo posted:

Ok... My first mod here but i thought....HEY apex need to throw poo end of story!!

so the installation should be straight forward just copy to the folders that are layed out in the rar if you dont know where to look theyre in where ever you installed steam and then \Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound

Questions comments and even criticisms are welcome
link here as well as in download button

http://www.4shared.com/rar/-nJfnVH0/poomod.html
<will be providing more links 4 shared is all i have atm...sorry for inconvenience>

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Nyyen posted:

Here is a preview of the current proof of concept of a moon spanning prison/sanitarium/hive world I am playing with. Pretty heavily influenced by the prison blocks available in the game, but much more claustrophobic and darker. I intend to mod in a whole lot more grafitti and creepy art objects as well, but I need to teach myself how to properly set up the responses to everything and what not.

That is fuckin rad! Im really getting Doom vibes from it.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Rho just linked this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIqs4bZVXH8

Also I just got my first review on a mod and it was so nice! :3: I've got warm fuzzies.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

xzzy posted:

That lasts until the next patch when you're going to get a flood of complaining that it set someone's house on fire and stabbed their kitten in the throat.

And then you're like, "gently caress, maintaining stuff sucks rear end."

Maybe, they are only vanity items so if it does happen we'll all be in trouble I think.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

I added these awful garments to my Star Trek mod. :gonk:

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/star-trek-tng-uniform.84/

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Vib Rib posted:

That doesn't change that it's a dumb video.
I don't care if it's edgy or controversial, just be funny. These guys couldn't do that much.

True, that said I would chuckle at a nice 9/11 mod.

Hey anyway! Have I mentioned how awesome this game is to mod?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Cernunnos posted:

Now you have to make a Tech that gives you a claw weapon in your hands and increases you HP Regen by an absurd amount when activated. Complete with "snikt" noise.

You bet your butt I'm going to add claws somehow. I wanna do a bunch of 90's X-men, I even have an idea for Prof. X's big gold hoverchair.

Edit: poo poo I should make the Blackbird... This is a slippery slope!

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Dec 21, 2013

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Waffles Inc. posted:

Anyone know if there's been any good Star Wars and/or Star Trek armour/clothing modded in?

*cough* I'm not self promoting *cough*

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Dominic White posted:

The video says Iron Sky and Wolfenstein were the main inspirations. They're basically going for the most cartoonishly, mustache-twirlingly evil super-space-nazis possible. Not sure if I really want them as a playable race, but I'd love for them to appear as an enemy NPC faction. Wolfenstein-ish Nazi doom fortresses hidden inside moons would be fun to cut through.

Bonus points if they can make mecha-Hitler a boss.

See I'm ok with them as a race of enemy Space-Nazis. Fighting the Nazis is great, it's just tearing down huge Nazi party flags and hanging them in your ship that makes me feel a bit gross.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Just do this

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Ernie Muppari posted:

Yeah, it's really awkward. Like, I totally get that Starbound is going for more of a retro-animu-sci-fantasy feel, and I super dig that, but right now it doesn't feel like you really ever get to the 'sci' part of that.

What I'm saying is the game needs a bit more of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzfuNSpP0RA

That movie looks Italian as gently caress. I'd love there to be more pulp sci-fi stuff mixed in.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Mokinokaro posted:

Bullet guns that hit harder but require ammo vs. lasers that take energy but do less damage.

I'd be up for that. I remember how big a part tooling up for a boss was in Terraria, just buying thousands of arrows/bullets at a time. I'd give me something to do with all the copper I end up with too.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

MeinGott posted:

"You can now craft racial flags, to show you've been to a planet"

Yoooooo

Day 1 "get out" flag

quote:

You can now land on asteroid fields, based on hints mod

:aaaaa:

Edit: O hey there's the patch! 276MB!

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Dec 23, 2013

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
All my mods broke yaaaaaaaay! Time to go learn about merging!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Vib Rib posted:

I hope that someone makes a tutorial for this new modding "merge" thing because I can't really wrap my head around it right now.
On the bright side once we do get it sorted out, it'll basically open up modding to a tremendous degree and ensure that new mods basically won't have to be updated from here on out (until/unless there's another modding-based patch). It'll be nice to have some mods with longevity for a change.

I'm starting to get the hang of it but I've literally only added recipes to player.config so far. Changing poo poo in the species file seems to be trickier.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Arex posted:

Awesome, my spawn location on my starter planet was under poison water.

Mine was inside a wall, oops!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Vib Rib posted:

To answer the earlier question:

No, the "Mrs. Claus" outfit is not the same on men.
Yes, it is (at least) as skanky.

I love this game

• Locked thread