Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Caveman tier would make more sense to me if your ship wasn't available/functioning at the start. Maybe get it back/repair it at the end of the tutorial quest line?

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Dec 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

FPzero posted:

Of course. But that's why I mentioned it. Maybe it can be fixed in a patch to help people down the road.

The problem with this is that due to the random nature of the game, you could end up on a planet with few resources at first and decide that it would be better to try another one nearby. If the ship is busted, you can't explore, unless the fix is really easy to overcome, which is the reasoning for making it simply be out of fuel, requiring you to go find coal.

Make it busted but flying, maybe? No tech or 3d printer, teleport works unpredictably, uses more fuel than it should...

Alternatively, tutorial planet has the guaranteed necessary biomes and materials to finish the quest line.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Launcher now has a wiki :aaa:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

So, killed penguin boss, made the metal station, got steel weapons and bow, gold pickaxe - in silver/winter gear. Currently loving around in beta quadrant. What's my next step, titanium? Or do I need gold armor first? Platinum Pickaxe or can I skip?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Something I didn't see in the OP, does this game have only small multiplayer servers in the sense of Terraria or is there a larger server for people to merrily gently caress about in? It felt vaguely pointless playing single-player Terraria, for some reason :(

Seems there's no player limit on starbound MP, or rather whatever the server can handle.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Megazver posted:

I wish they'd make placing a single tile the default option and 2x2 the SHIFT option.

I'd love the shift modifier to be an on/off toggle rather than keep-pressed.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Tiy's twitter posted:

Patch uploading

Finally!

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

illrepute posted:

I just got this game, and it looks pretty cool, but oh dear god I desperately need the matter manipulator to stop being such a huge piece of poo poo when it comes to resource extraction. Everything takes loving forever! What's the absolute quickest way I can bootstrap myself up to like an iron pick and axe?

You can bootstrap to a stone pickaxe pretty much immediately.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Starbound posted:

AND we know weapon damage was messed up along the way. Fixing that. Sorry!

They're aware :)

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Starbound posted:

There WILL probably have to be another character wipe for the weapons damage fix. Massive apologies!

Don't grow attached, beta phase 1, etc. etc. No ETA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Last two Tyi's tweets, :wtf:

quote:

Tiy ‏@Tiyuri 12m
Delaying development to deal with a sexual predator targeting children. Just in case anyone is wondering

Tiy ‏@Tiyuri 40s
People asking for elaboration, we're working with authorities to deal with someone that's been using the community to target kids

• Locked thread