Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
This show's pretty drat awesome. Pirates of the Pancreas sounds like a terrible ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

I think that Rick's just a lazy sociopath who says "make Morty do it" because he's just a lazy sociopath. No higher Maiar-esque higher reasoning behind it, really.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

If some random red dude popped out of a magicscience box and was like "I'm Mr. Meeseeks, look at me!" I'd probably just assume he's the devil or some sort of lesser demon.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Typical posted:

Also I painted that pawn shop planet thing at 46 seconds.

That's mad impressive.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Does it count as rape to have to shove a giant, spiky seed up your butt? This is a rhetorical question.

e: Wait, wasn't Morty straight up almost kiddy-diddled in one episode?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Rick's got to stop catering to the whims of the family. First it's infinite television, then they get bored with that and soon they will be demanding infinite Internet. And you don't even want to see some of the trolls that are out there. Literal trolls. Where does it end?!

I do not want to see the internet of other realities; I can barely take our own.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Arrrthritis posted:

What if it's us?

What if we're the reality with the worst internet?

I imagine the dimension where the CSA won and you can buy slaves online is the worst internet reality.

What can we offer? Goatse?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Occupation posted:

Didn't Silk Road get shut down literally because it was in part a human sex trafficking operation

Yeah, it was my impression that Silk Road was mostly about buying drugs. Didn't even know about the human sex trafficking.

You know, the fact that we have to clarify it as HUMAN sex trafficking means we may have the worst internet reality...

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

hahaha, that's pretty awesome. Like when they showed all of the Aqua Team movie in a tiny box on the corner of the screen.

:allears:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

It was only a matter of time.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Alright, this episode is magical.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

You're crazy, Pick. Why didn't you just download the stitched together version???

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Until Ball Fondlers gets made into a TV show, my life will be incomplete.

I just don't even understand what the point of that show was, there wasn't even any ball fondling. Maybe it was the non-stop action.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Regardless, it was nice to see an episode with so many genuine family moments.

Also Morty's nihilistic spiel makes me think more and more that he's destined to become Rick. He's even learning about some of the crazy science that Rick's doing, as evidenced by his smug exposition early in the episode! Even if he gets 3/4ths of it wrong.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

thathonkey posted:

But how many of those animals can sue the poo poo out of you for malpractice?

They can't, but their owners sure as gently caress can.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

My favorite part about that montage was how the beat-down routine was always the same, making the whole bonding experience all the more better because you get a sense that Rick and Summer had planned the whole thing out.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

zoux posted:

Rebookmark your search engines fellas!
http://www.meeseeks.com/

hahahaha, this is perfect!

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Oh man I cannot wait for this. I love how much they're playing into the whole multi-dimensional time traveler thing.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

With all the multiverses out there there must be one where Morty's the nihilistic super genius and Rick's just a doddering old alcoholic grandpa.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUUUUUUUB

I love that they're keeping this as his catchphrase.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Red Oktober posted:

Made even better by the fact he greets the visitors with 'what's up my glibglobs!' minutes later.

I loved that they managed to do racial humor without having to do racial humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Typical posted:

what were the funny parts of the episode for you guys. I actually didn't find this episode very humorous until seeing the final cut. When I was working on it. it just felt weirdly out of place. like. "this seems too real for rick and morty" . or not in "cannon or something. seeing the final cut made all the difference. Now I really liked it. especially squanchy.

For me the hilarity really began once Tammy turned into a double agent and Bird Person got gut shot. That one ridiculous action set the tone for the subsequent parts which, while heavy, were kind of rendered lighter in a way because the take-home message is that Rick is right about marriage.

• Locked thread