Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jack Gladney posted:

It wouldn't hurt you to cite when you post somebody else's work:

http://letterboxd.com/kenny_waste/film/jesus-camp/

Haha, did you seriously not notice the guy's name is Kenny Waste?

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

They produced a version in English and Spanish as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RfU5r63AXY

I was seriously not prepared for this, by the way.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jun 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jack Gladney posted:

There's a different name credited in the review.

Yeah but once you go to the effort to call somebody out, you should probably read carefully.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
There's much more in the world I'm unsettled by.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I really, really like Hell House.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
If he's gonna be giving her corrective spankings that's gonna be great.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Finally, the movie that the Christian Domestic Discipline movement has been waiting for!

It's the first thing that came to mind, because otherwise, why would you counterprogram a typical "wholesome" romance film?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
To a fundamentalist conservative, literally any change made in society that doesn't meet your approval is an encroachment, no matter how minor it may seem.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The fringe, no matter what it may be, is good ink. You'll never have a slow news day. We love cranks!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
No, that's not why, it's because UN is One World Government.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jack Gladney posted:

It would be great if this is actually secretly about the Christian Discipline movement.

Me too. If it's not, why "respond" to 50 Shades except to say that spanking can be wholesome?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Years of the Beast is awesome.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsZWQfYE-Ms

On Youtube baby.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jack Gladney posted:

The guillotine one was posted earlier in the thread, along with one where filthy communists stab a kid in the ears with pencils to make him deaf and then he vomits. I guess that has something to do with the bible.

That would be "If Footmen Tire You, What Will Horses Do?"

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I wonder what would happen if someone made an explicitly Christian movie that wasn't low-effort garbage? Would it get shouted down by the True Believers for being too much like Secular Big Hollywood or would it potentially have an effect on the industry?

We got one of those and it was a gigantic hit - Passion of the Christ.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

computer parts posted:

Are there examples of interesting propaganda media (of any ideology)?

:godwin:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

bobkatt013 posted:

The Battle of Algiers

Good Christian films - Life of Brian and Last Temptation of Christ

JC Superstar is mad cornball but is a great watch. Pasolini has already been mentioned.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

K. Waste posted:

The problem is bad and mediocre films. If Christian filmmakers had a bigger budget and even slightly more secularized beliefs, their melodramas, family flicks, and comedies would be just as dispensable.

Yeah. Its not that the focus is in the message, how many movies do you see year in year out that are exactly that?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Introspection and interrogation make for better movies than incoherent scriptural literalism.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I took it more to mean that the literalist mindset is indifferent to telling good stories, it's more about being right.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Also what is Ray Wise's loving deal? He killed Laura Palmer and seems ot split his time now between Christian movies and Tim & Eric. It's really strange to see the Shrim man preaching about Christ instead of the healing power of young boys shits.

He's a fully committed actor who will be in anything that pays.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Chairman Capone posted:

This may seem like a strange question, but I know there's a born again belief that grey aliens are actually demons and alien abductions are just a Satanic trick somehow, I guess to try and make people think that there's a 'scientific' explanation for Biblical truths or something like that. I'd think that idea would be fertile ground for a Christian horror movie... does anyone know if a film with that plot has ever been made?

Signs.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Lamprey Cannon posted:

Also Knowing, although that film sort of spins it in the opposite direction.

That one is more like Childhood's End, but yeah exactly.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Is that Robin Givens?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Enjoy that permanent unpleasant look she always has on her face.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

KinkyJohn posted:

Why are the comments disabled for every christian trailer movie ever? Is it because the non-believers are bullying those poor christians on the youtube, or is it because the creator pre-emptively knows what type of comments he'll get...

Best case scenario is no productive conversation whatsoever so I don't blame them.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Pretty much.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I'm impressed that this thread is still going strong.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Cemetry Gator posted:

Wow, this is the whitest music ever. Like, if you were to distill whiteness into music, this is what you would get. This is the musical equivalent of the suburban dad who's idea of letting loose on a Saturday evening is cracking open a coke and watching a PG rated film where they might use some vulgarity and maybe some suggestive themes. There's a hint of wildness, but it's restrained and kept entirely in check.

It's just so tame, it's bizarre. I've never heard Pat Boone sing before this, and now, I can say I know why. I'm digging into some of his other catalogs, and yeah. It's like he's crossing rock with crooning, but he just saps every song of its energy, until what is left is this weird shriveled husk of a song that hints at rock but just sounds wrong.

Please, someone tell me that they burned the master tapes and buried the records. I don't want future civilizations hearing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pUF0Yn7YpE

We've come so far.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mr Jaunts posted:

I'm completely serious when I say this might be the worst thing I've ever heard.
No way, this owns.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Croisquessein posted:

I guess that's why Mike and the 'Bots had to leave the theater right then.

When I saw the movie "for real" I was wondering why I didn't remember that part from MST3K cause it sure sticks with you. That's some grim poo poo for a 60's sci fi movie.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Please god no.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
A hundred mil and they didn't advertise it. Amazing.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I don't get ride or die Subway people.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

resurgam40 posted:

I mean, one in a while to get something into you during work or when there's nothing else to have but for your birthday? Really? Just you and your sister-wives(?) and Subway?

Pretty sure that's on the FBI cult checklist. There's nothing else nearby? No gas station? Your supermarket doesn't have a deli?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
To their credit, Youtube comments are vile.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It's not Christian, for sure. It's Catholic.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Uhhh....I...what the gently caress?

So Kirk is doing blackface?! Dude, unless your name is Robert Downey Jr, NO.

I would love it if this was just the whole plot. Kirk Cameron is the only black kid at an all Asian school.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Which would you recommend?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DStecks posted:

Maher and Hitchens were always douchebags

And Dennis Miller too. It's like being surprised that Adam Carolla turned out to be a poo poo for brains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Animal-Mother posted:

Jesus. Forgive me.

Do you think Hitch would be more angry at you for invoking a fictional character or asking for forgiveness?

• Locked thread