Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
W424
Oct 21, 2010

darkwasthenight posted:

First person to claim 10" speakers have no bass range wins a no-prize cookie for not understand mixing.

Guitars bass range is extremely important in a mix. If there is any, eq all that poo poo out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W424
Oct 21, 2010
I get unreasonably upset when people refer to sound as midi.

W424
Oct 21, 2010
Had a fun night mixing hc punk bands tonight, some mongoloids had cleaned up the stage and ripped out the cables going to the crossover/amp and left stands and cables everywhere. And the guys maintaining the PA had "done someshit" on the desk, no details. No soundcheck, 5 bands.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

stillvisions posted:

Don't forget your Klingon battle instrument (aka the Kadabra):

That mic stand is great, in addition to making standard o faces you can look like sucking off your instrument while soloing.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Jeremy_X posted:

I want a single peddle with the three beaters on it active all the time, actually two set up like that played as fast as humanly possible. I just want to hear that noise.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=SeQ4hKr1IZI

W424
Oct 21, 2010

massive spider posted:

Playing a guitar loudly and badly is hella fun though.

Not so fun if you're trying to mix a gig. I've had 2 swedish d-beat bands that turned up to eleven, could barely get the vox audible over that poo poo in a tiny venue. No soundcheck (both setup just before playing) and no talkback to tell them to turn it down.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

I have a Reaktor ensemble that emulates that, it's pretty much unusable. That dude later branched out to eurorack modules that are also extremely expensive and sound like poo poo because guitarists couldn't handle anything more complex than a three knob od pedal, my kinda dude. Rule on, dude.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

"These cables provide me with maximum flow for all the bits because of the larger diameter so you don't get data compression or bits flipping from colliding as you would from inferior, skinny cables. At just 1000€/m they really are a bargain, considering they also have audio diamond dust woven into them. You can of course tape more crystals onto them (and I have) but they are just great out of the box."

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Mustach dude has that "someone activated the remote controlled butthole tingler" look

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Chrpno posted:

What is this, a fuckin tea party? No way either of these fancy boys play metal.

Yeah, REAL metal should sound like pouring out a sack of potatoes on the bassdrum and throwing handfuls of marbles at the rest of the kit.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

The Muppets On PCP posted:

hey man some of us are in middle school and just getting into real music y'know not that fake poo poo on the radio

have you heard of this band pink floyd they got this song about how we don't need no education

Haha pink floyd, u should get on sum real poo poo like beatles and nirvana dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Concatenation posted:

Speaking of figuring out other people's sounds, Bloodbath's RTC guitar tone has always been one of my holy grails because it sounds so incredibly nauseating, and also because of how wrong the signal chain is - HM2 into a lovely Digitech GNX2 Marshall amp/cab sim and then Voxengo Curve EQ with the EQ ripped from Left Hand Path. Also for my money one of Akerfeldt's best dirty performances.

Somewhat related, I just won a Zoom 9050 on ebay. For those NIN Broken/Downward Spiral guitars and vox. lol

• Locked thread