Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Dr. Faustus posted:

WOW!!!

I'm seeing post after post from people (most of whom I have raced and hung out with for a LONG time) accusing me of saying things I simply have not said.

Someone even said I have Aspergers Syndrome! Because I reply to posts directed at me? Because I disagree with opinions posted in reply to mine? Well, I should count myself lucky, at least I haven't been accused of being a troll yet!

Have you ever seen The Life of Brian? Remember the song "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life?" That's what I'm doing with this iteration of the XBox and this racing game. I'm not crying about the sky falling, I'm just saying, "Look at this series, at this developer. Have a little faith!" It's still, as they say, "Early days."

For the record, I've never said or implied the following assertions that have been attributed to me:

"Oh, so because old games were great, a new one is free from doubts and criticisms?"

Nope. All I have said is that because the old games were great, the future ones could be as well. This one could be, too. It's too soon to say!

"Saying we can't criticize something because we don't work there is idiotic."

Of course it is! Saying you can attribute causation for the current state of the product based on videos, a few words from a press release or two; and comparisons to what came on the previous generation IS idiotic, because it's based on speculation and is steeped in tons of negativity.
I happen to be of the opinion that it's a little early to take every criticism at face value. If I'm wrong, I'll come right in here and say so. I promised.

"This whole 'Not up to snuff' thing they trotted out is bullshit."

Pure speculation. It's not worth debating without more data. I see no reason to doubt it, but I'm being "the glass half-full" right now. This could change.

"Less tracks, less cars, not a graphical improvement, less features, evidence of money-grabbing DLC and tokens."

This has all been covered ad nauseum, except for "Not a graphical improvement." I can't comment on the graphics or the money until I experience it myself. Until then I will make few judgements. If I think F4 looks better than 5, I'll say so. I play a lot of PC games, and I often do without AA at high-res, especially if the framerate is high. Anisotropic filtering is important, of course, but I haven't seen a screenshot that makes me cringe and curse Turn10 yet, much less a video. I guess I'm just a fanboy (or a troll). That's what you're all thinking, right?

"This isn't your own personal echo chamber."

It isn't???? This is what you're telling ME??
What gave it away? The "DOGPILE ON FAUSTUS?" Or the "WE MUST RESPOND TO HIS EVERY POST WITH THE OBVIOUS EVIL THAT IS BEING PERPETRATED UPON US NON-ADOPTERS BECAUSE HE IS SUCH A STUPID SHITHEAD WHO CAN'T COUNT CARS AND TRACKS AND MONEY" sentiment that is taking over this thread?? Here I was thinking that this was my bully-pulpit, and you all were my rapt disciples. Boy is MY face red!

"This latest version was gutted, often for no good reason and people are understandably upset about it."

What counts as a good reason for you? I'll be as upset about it as anyone else; but I am not attributing anything yet to naked greed and incompetence, as so many of folks here are. I'm actually willing to sit back, wait, and think before I make a judgement.

"It's a completely rushed money grab with ludicrously priced microtransactions."

Go back through this thread and count how many times I have stated in plain English (American English... sorry, Brits and Aussies and Canucks) that this game is suffering terribly from console launch-itis. Early-adopters of new hardware and games get the short end and almost always have. I have not been in the least unrealistic about this. Why are you all still beating me up about this?

"It isn't as simple as them removing some things because it's a rushed launch game; there are plenty of very obvious things they have changed or removed because they want suckers like you to give them more money."

I can see what has been removed, but why should your interpretation of the motivation behind the sad changes be the only possible interpretation? I want the new game and console, so I'm a sucker. Fine. I'm sure you never spend your disposable income on things you don't need and therefore are perfectly justified in calling me a sucker.

"Your guitar analogy is hosed too, a more apt analogy would be asking in musicians lounge why the only new guitar fender sells is now a 5 string, and why they're selling a 6th string upgrade kit for twice the price of the guitar."

So my "guitar analogy" in unworkable, but your "guitar analogy" captures the spirit of this situation perfectly. Well, poo poo. gently caress me, man. I tried.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

how can a man so humorless exist here for 12 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Dr. Faustus posted:

SA has changed a lot in 12 years. That post was in a games thread in response to a lot of rumor and speculation (some of which turned out to accurate, and some which didn't, and the rest is still developing.) But that one post is taken out of context in that it was a response to several pages of negativity and bitching, and I was attempting to lighten the mood and be reassuring. I'm not humorless at all.

Haven't you noticed what's happened since Halloween? Everybody is trying to be the new forums comedy superstar but all any of you know how to do is hate on everything. People who like games can only hate on games. Same with music, movies, books, any topic that comes up, it's all vitriol all the time. Sometimes it works for a cheap giggle but mostly it just turns into "kill the guy with the ball." It wasn't even this bad back in 2000 before GBS was really moderated and it was full of major drama vortexes, people still had fun, and there was room for more than one viewpoint.

I like to discuss things, I like to have a good time, I don't like to hate on poo poo. It's not my thing. I guess it's just hard to be lighthearted when the prevailing paradigm is a bunch of shut-ins trying to out-hate each other. I guess it's rubbing off on me.

ok

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

that was a good encore, he played his best hit "unfunny verbose twat pt. xii"

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Dr. Faustus posted:

Henry Rollins would break your spine and tell you to stop posting stupid pointless threads.

lmao i can't understand how you as a musician are so bad at taking negativity

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known
holy poo poo ahahaha look at this: http://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=whoposted&threadid=3597233

top poster in this thread by a loving landslide

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Lord Lilf posted:

Posting pics of my pen-...guitars.

My baby: an ESP Horizon tuned to C#

An LTD H1007 that I adore just as much. My first seven-string and now I'm not sure how I ever played guitars with fewer strings.
Regular ol' tuning for this one:

I'm also using a Randall RM100 head and a marshall slant cab with only a handful effects pedals. I keep poo poo minimal.

you are posting in the wrong thread sir.

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Fonzarelli posted:

somebody tell me how to stop being a little bitch guitarist and get some serious panty dropping chops

I-IV-V

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

that poo poo is way too complicated.

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

woah

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

haow

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known
hello dr fastuuususu remember this post

Dr. Faustus posted:

I didn't want this to get lost because I effort-posted really hard, guys, so here it is one last time and I'm done.

That's my last post. Thank you and goodnight.

youre a loving liar and nobody gives a poo poo about you. go away forever, thanks in advamce.

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known
i changed my mind, annoyingly persistent human being who is incapable of dealing with criticism Dr. Fatsutusu is actually my favorite poster on the internet, plus he's super good at playing weedly weedly wah on the electric guitar.

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

sound of the future

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upV4X6REGHE

poo poo

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Dr. Faustus posted:

It's not my guitar.

If I had a dollar for every "NO ONE GIVES A poo poo ABOUT" ITT I'd start a guitar building company.

Don't give a poo poo? Don't post. Don't want me to post? Don't post at me. It's so simple a caveman could do it.

how starved for attention do you have to be to post in the company of people who openly think you're an insufferable douchebag.

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known
reminder that

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Dr. Faustus posted:

I'd much rather go back to lurking my favorite forums, but you hateful dissatisfied GBS things can't just be cool,

lmao at this dude who thinks posting in gbs is some sort of mandatory self service that he just HAS to do.

Salt Fish posted:

can I challenge faustus to a guitar solo challenge in which posters vote for 1 person to be banned

do this

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Dr. Faustus posted:

Also, you just posted a try-hard post in a thread that "try-hard guitarists" are just asgpergers syndrome autists.

actually, not once did i ever call you autistic. i've called you humorless, unfunny, twat, douchebag, and liar, but never autistic

e: also "annoyingly persistent human being".

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known
"i'll show these loving trolls" *writes 200 long boring posts about how cool i am*

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known
imagine having a guitarist like dr. fastfurious in your band

sure he might know how to doodleydoodleydoo but as soon as the slightest conflict arises he goes on a point by point rant that would last for 3 hours if you didn't kick him the gently caress out of your band immediately

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

you cant stop
one more time

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Dr. Faustus posted:

I'll worry about it when one of you can play... anything.

i must admit that i am but a lowly peasant bassist... IN TRAINING :eng99:, jealous of your amazing skills at tapping poo poo onto a fretboard

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Rob Ford posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikHI7_PMFNc

Even this blind gently caress plays better than you.

why is the blind person's song called see the light, that's hosed up

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Photex posted:

What I don't understand is some of these guys in their 40s and 50s still not realizing "hey i'm not to good at this lead business maybe I should become a solid rhythm guitarist"

i dont understand why "solid rhythm guitarist" is not the first goal of many guitarists, rather than "i wana play stairway 2 heven!! :downs:"

actually nvm yes i do.

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

killhamster posted:

ahahahaha what the gently caress

that guitar doesn't have enough pickups

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

ZombieParts posted:

don't tempt me fuckers..i'll wreck your f holes

i hope 2 1 day be as cool as him . . .

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Dr. Faustus posted:

This stupid thread and a huge number of its stupid posts have been directed to me directly or referenced me.

if you werent still hanging around like a moth hangs around a lamp we would have stopped talking about you a long time ago, idiot. you are forcing the conversation to be about you by continuing to be here.

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Dr. Faustus posted:

OH!

I'm the idiot for replying to posts at me, but the people making those posts are?

absolutely. you say you'll stop if we stop talking about you but you're like the seafoam green elephant in the room that won't stop talking about his epic guitar collection.

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Dr. Faustus posted:

Just like you and yours will NEVER shut up about me, so we'll NEVER know if I'll stop posting after you do. Because you can't stop.

so you're using basic human psychology to act like a petty child. got it

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Captain Tolerable posted:

i want a guitar that's comprised entirely of knobs

"this knob makes it sound warmer. and this one makes it sound colder. this one's my room temperature knob."

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Dr. Faustus posted:

Get this:
I'll stop posting about me when you all do.

"hey guys, please don't eat the brownies i've baked. they taste really great, and i put nuts and honey in them. they are some of the greatest brownies in the world and you should totally try one. hey, WHAT THE gently caress? i told you not to eat my delicious amazing brownies! what are you, stupid?"

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Dr. Faustus posted:

I didn't post this abominable thread.

:downs:

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

stratdax posted:

Sorry that's my bad, here you go:

the knobs control how bright the LEDs are and are otherwise useless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Dr. Faustus posted:

I like a lot of the songs I've played on, and I have loved a lot of the gigs I've played, and I will be God Damned before I let you or anyone else judge me in an Ugly Guitar thread.

Keep on truckin' haters.

:mitt:

• Locked thread